Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gun Laws

Go down 
+11
Farmer1906
Cu Bu
captain organic
KingsOwn19
OU
oggy420
Ali
WinstonSmith
Ludo
Birdofthad
Ninja
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:39 pm

I have the largest artillery base in the US in my back yard. I ain't scared. Bring the zombies/aliens.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:41 pm

ok then thanks for keeping it mature guys.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Furthermore, Gun Laws - Page 11 Alderaan I believe I am within my rights therefore I am.

Also, KA-BOOM, BANGO, KLA-BLAMO!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:42 pm

No one reads a damn word I type in other sections that actually mean something but you go typing crazy this in the politics section and all the sudden everyone reads every damn word. I hate you guys sometimes. Get at peace with life. You could die anytime for no reason. Gun control never comes into my mind during every day life. I'll give you your thread back.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:45 pm

I see...
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:46 pm

im at peace with my life. I just don't think being politically or socially apathetic is acceptable anymore.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:49 pm

oggy420 wrote:
im at peace with my life. I just don't think being politically or socially apathetic is acceptable anymore.
I'm really fucking with you out of bordem at times and I actually feel bad now. Accept there are some genuine feelings in there for sure. Too many problems, not enough answers. IMO mental health is a major factor. Not just the mentally unfit but people with social disorders, victims of bullies, the list goes on.
Famers point on jobs is another important one when it comes to crime rate IMO.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm

OU wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
I'm really fucking with you out of bordem at times and I actually feel bad now. Accept there are some genuine feelings in there for sure. Too many problems, not enough answers. IMO mental health is a major factor. Not just the mentally unfit but people with social disorders, victims of bullies, the list goes on.
Famers point on jobs is another important one when it comes to crime rate IMO.

No reason to feel bad for me. I can dish it out and i can take it. I understand that often what i believe will be at odds with what other people believe. This doesn't make me sad or angry. I try to create a dialogue with people because i believe it is important to talk about these things. Sometimes people attack me because of that, mostly out of their own insecurities though. I am someone who simply believes in self defense. Thats why i train mma (among other reasons), that is why i own a gun. For some people, being able to defend themselves is not a priority. Maybe because they have never been a victim of violence, or they just assume that nothing bad will ever happen to them. There is nothing necessarily wrong with that. However when you start saying that there is something wrong with me wanting to be able to defend myself, that is where i find fault.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Where I disagree is not with saying you want to defend yourself. That's a natural instinct. Especially for someone with a family, even more so in someone that lives in a highly populated area where more crimes take place. I don't understand how taking away the heavy duty weapons prevents you from defending yourself properly.
If someone like yourself is that concerned then wouldn't training be a even better way to protect yourself? Becoming efficient in using weapons seems like it would go further then just having larger weapons. Well it would give me more piece of mind personally anyways.
I just can't fathom a situation where I would need a semi auto for protection where another weapon wouldn't do the job equally as well.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:22 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
obviously if you disagree with any of these executive orders you don't care about the children....

Gun Laws - Page 11 2013-01-16T182853Z_2_CBRE90F1CVL00_RTROPTP_2_USA-GUNS-OBAMA

no shame

Do you welcome any of those potential executive orders or does it simply being related to efforts to curb violence from firearms trigger an automatic no across the board?

I know this isnt directed at me but I welcome the mental health aspects of this order but dont like the idea of executive order in general.

I think too many times our school systems identify these kids early on but after their exit from system they are just back to square one.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:11 am

oggy420 wrote:

I actually feel the numerous, seemingly infinite global situations are so complicated that investing my time is a waste. Unless I plan on going full time political analyst, which I do not.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:20 pm

I thought this was kind of humorous considering the way some people I know out here have been rapidly devolving the past few months.

Gun Laws - Page 11 Question-mark
I am a tyrannical gun-grabbing, communist, bleeding-heart, liberal dictator…Who am I?

1. “Well, I think there has to be some [gun] control.”

TYRANNY!!!!

2. “I think maybe there could be some restrictions that there had to be a certain amount of training taken.”

COMMUNIST!!!

3. “Every year, an average of 9,200 Americans are murdered by
handguns, according to Department of Justice statistics. This does not
include suicides or the tens of thousands of robberies, rapes and
assaults committed with handguns. This level of violence must be
stopped.”

BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL TREE-HUGGING PANSY!!!

4. “With the right to bear arms comes a great responsibility to use caution and common sense on handgun purchases.”

GUN-GRABBER!!!

5. “Certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited.”

I NEED IT TO REFRESH THE TREE OF LIBERTY WHEN I DECIDE TO!!!

6. “I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for
sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do
believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed
for defense of a home.”

WHY DO YOU HATE THE CONSTITUTION?

7. “This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety …
While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all
assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of
these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.”

IF YOU OUTLAW GUNS, ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS!!!

So, have you figured out which gun-grabbing, communist, bleeding-heart, liberal, tyrannical dictator I am?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Bill Burr is hilarious. Funny segment about buying a gun.

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:43 pm

Love how videogames have become the scapegoat for your retarded politicions.

Quote :
“We are in the peak of [violence in entertainment]. Television program violence? Unbelievable. Video game violence? Unprecedented,” Nader said. “I’m not saying he wants to censor this, I think he should sensitize people that they should protect their children family by family from these kinds of electronic child molesters.”
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Ali* wrote:
Love how videogames have become the scapegoat for your retarded politicions.

Quote :
“We are in the peak of [violence in entertainment]. Television program violence? Unbelievable. Video game violence? Unprecedented,” Nader said. “I’m not saying he wants to censor this, I think he should sensitize people that they should protect their children family by family from these kinds of electronic child molesters.”

If we are to say that society is at part to blame for this, then video game and tv/movie violence has to be considered part of the issue.

How do u deal with it? I do not know. I guess at some point, parents need to get their shit togethor and actually spend quality time with their kids.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:38 pm

I played video games all my childhood and have never been violent because if them. I think it's a load of shit if your blame it on a game.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I played video games all my childhood and have never been violent because if them. I think it's a load of shit if your blame it on a game.

exactly. Yet everyone fails to see that this same logic is applied to guns. Honestly for all the gun violence and violent crime stats from different countries that we sling back and forth as proof that either less guns equals more crimes or vice versa, it still doesn't mean that the same logic applies here. There are countries with no guns and some of the highest crime rates and there are countries with the most guns and the lowest crime rates, and yet there are countries where the opposite is true. I believe this establishes that it isn't really about the amount of guns. This is about poverty, societal and cultural problems, and in the big picture... the drug war. How many shootings in this country, which happen primarily in low income high crime areas, do you think have something to do with illegal drug trade? I'd say it's probably a high percentage.

Also, correct me if im wrong here, but I hear Piers Morgan and everyone else going on and on about how all of the recent mass shootings have been with Ar-15 type rifles. I might be mistaken but im pretty sure Virginina Tech, which is the deadliest shooting incident by a single gunman in U.S. history, was not done with a rifle, but 2 handguns.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 12:09 am

Farmer1906 wrote:

And my grandma smoked butts her whole life and didn't die of cancer.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:17 am

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

There IS proof smoking increases your risk for cancer. Show me the proof video games cause gun violence.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

There IS proof smoking increases your risk for cancer. Show me the proof video games cause gun violence.

Then your argument should be "there is no evidence that video games cause gun violence" not "I played video games and have never been violent."

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:53 am

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Then your argument should be "there is no evidence that video games cause gun violence" not "I played video games and have never been violent."

That's exactly what he was saying, though. He used anecdotal evidence as evidence.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:05 am

No the anecdotal evidence does not carry the point. See my counter example.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 am

captain organic wrote:
No the anecdotal evidence does not carry the point. See my counter example.

The anecdotal evidence is the point. You just have to read between the lines a bit. Instead of saying "well no evidence shows this" he said exactly that, but did it by providing you with something he knows for a fact since it is from his own personal experience. Anecdotal evidence is really the only evidence he has here.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 pm

hmm

DHS Seeks 7,000 AR-15s with 30 Round Magazines for 'Personal Defense'

According to New York state Senator Greg Ball (R), the Department of Homeland Security is seeking 7,000 self-defense weapons--all of which are AR-15 variants.

These are the very weapons Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), Chuck Schumer (D-NY), and Joe Manchin (D-WV), have been telling us nobody needs for self-defense. Apparently, DHS disagrees.

As I wrote on January 14th, a "Personal Defense Weapons Solicitation" was circulated within DHS describing an AR-15 variant as "suitable for personal defense." Now, 7,000 such weapons are being sought.

DHS is also seeking 30 round magazines for use with all the rifles.

This added to previous reports of 1.7 billion rounds of AR ammo being purchased by the DHS and FEMA seem to show that once again, the law of the U.S. is now do as we say, not as we do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Laws   Gun Laws - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun Laws
Page 11 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next