Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Be honest did you really think............

Go down 
+6
cheekynffc
KingsOwn19
Primetyme199
captain organic
Farmer1906
SOKO
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Be honest did you really think............ Empty
PostSubject: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:47 am

Rua or Penn had a good shot a taking those fights.

I knew bj had no shot and rua wasnt far behind. Have to say it sucks being a fan of both knowing damn well their best days are behind them.

Nate didnt bring it like I thought he would either
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:55 am

+1

Did give either a shot. Once the fight started I was rooting heavily for Penn (wasn't expecting that).

Shogun help his own. He just couldn't land the big shot.

I also expected more from Diaz. Didn't expect him to win, but expect a closer fight. One judge had it 50-43. Holy shit!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:14 pm

SOKO wrote:
Rua or Penn had a good shot a taking those fights.

I knew bj had no shot and rua wasnt far behind. Have to say it sucks being a fan of both knowing damn well their best days are behind them.

Nate didnt bring it like I thought he would either

For sure I thought Rua had a shot. What he couldn't catch him with a big punch? Catch a leg on the ground? Rua is tough enough, strong enough, skilled enough to make me think he certainly had a shot.

BJ? Not so much, just too small. We've seen this script. Enough of this 170 lb business.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Both guys had a punchers chance for sure, hell Rua was able to land some decent shots in the first round.

Be honest did you really think............ O8Dq6

Last edited by Ali on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 pm

I was at an amateur MMA show last night and it still amazes me how some people still blindly believe that Penn is better then everyone he faces now. They kept saying how in his interviews he says he's more focused and wants to make a statement and he's going to really bring it and destroy Rory. I kept telling them he's been saying that for all his recent fights. He's done, he needs to retire and concentrate on training and whatever else makes him happy.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Add Penn to the list of greats from the early to mid 00s that are now done.

Fedor
Liddell
Hughes
Ortiz
Couture
Pulver
Sherk

A few others trending that direction
Franklin
Shogun
Big Nog
Wand
Rampage

Still got it (getting smaller and smaller)
Anderson
GSP
Hendo
Belfort
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Of course i thought they had a shot. Rory and Gus were the ones with things to prove last night. I'll always think Penn or Shogun have a shot against guys who for the most part, havent fought anybody. Thats why the are considered a major test for both fighters. They both passed. Good for them.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 7:42 pm

I know they had a shot but not a good one imo. Rua more so than penn but............Have to say rua rocked gus several times and dude didnt flinch much.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Then he didn't rock him at all.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Ya, Rua landed some shots that Gustafson ate without much concern.

I was as impressed with that then anything else he showed last night.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Again Gus was not rocked.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

See the "Ya" above.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:19 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

How bout busted in the face..............
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm

damn I get neged for keeping it real.............its not like I said rua needs to retire im just saying a champ again will be hard to come by these days and if penn wants to keep on 155 is his best shot but I would like to see him chill he has proven more than enough
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:32 am

i will admit i thought shogun was a live underdog but penn was always going home to his daughters looking like that again.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:19 am

Hate to admit it but BJ needs to retire. Shogun on the other hand just needs to train harder and bring a fucking game plan into the cage for gods sake. Or atleast a plan b if the right hand don't drop the dude.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:33 am

Be honest did you really think............ 650x650xnot-without-a-fight.jpg.speedilic.ic.9Zsndsdr6H
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 pm

guess someone couldnt take the truth........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:39 pm

I think Rua could and should drop to Middleweight, but he won't because him and Silva are BFF's.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 pm

Ali wrote:
I think Rua could and should drop to Middleweight, but he won't because him and Silva are BFF's.
I don't think he can. I'm pretty damn positive he can't and shouldn't actually.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:46 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Shogun's got the frame for Middleweight, with a conditioning coach and the proper diet he could easily make 185.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Shogun's got the frame for Middleweight, with a conditioning coach and the proper diet he could easily make 185.
I think you are asking too much. I think if he could "easily" do anything, he would. Doesn't seem to have the body type.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:00 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I think you are asking too much. I think if he could "easily" do anything, he would. Doesn't seem to have the body type.

Body type isn't the issue it's motivation and desire, Shogun doesn't strike me as someone who gives 110% in training.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:01 pm

Don't think it's body type. It more likely diet and type of training.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:09 pm

body type & metabolism will play a role.

he could probably get to 185 but whether it would be a smart thing to do is a different question entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be honest did you really think............   Be honest did you really think............ Empty

Back to top Go down

Be honest did you really think............
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next