Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 154 thoughts/rate it

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
OU
GDPofDRC
7 posters

UFC 152 thoughts/rate it
10- Best Eva
UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Vote_lcap0%UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
9- Fantastic, top notch
 0% [ 0 ]
8- Above Average
UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Vote_lcap22%UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
7- Average
UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Vote_lcap56%UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
6- OK, but underwhelming
UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Vote_lcap22%UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
5- Boring, but aint even mad
 0% [ 0 ]
4- Boring, and i'm kinda mad
 0% [ 0 ]
3- UFC 97
 0% [ 0 ]
2- UFC 149: BULLSHIT!
 0% [ 0 ]
1- Fuck this org
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Empty
PostSubject: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Personally I wasn't too impressed. I gave it a 6 and that's only because Hendricks. But I thought both Condit and GSP suffered from ring rust. I thought Condit had another poor gameplan, his last two fights he has lacked the classic killer aggression that so many fans loved to see. I think both GSP and Condit have had much better nights. IMO they didn't look like the 2 best WW in the World today. GSP still refuses to take any risk and he didn't throw a single strike with finishing intentions. Carlos seemed like he didn't want to push forward and wanted to use the same backup and counter strategy he used vs Diaz. Call me a hater, I didn't enjoy the majority of the fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 pm

We already know you're a GSP hater.

GSP's performance was masterful and dominant as expected. Condit did make it extra interesting a few times with his offense.l I enjoyed the fight.

I thought the card overall was kinda average.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
We already know you're a GSP hater.

GSP's performance was masterful and dominant as expected. Condit did make it extra interesting a few times with his offense.l I enjoyed the fight.

I thought the card overall was kinda average.

I hate the way he fights. It gets more and more annoying as time goes on. He fights way too safe for me to enjoy anything about it.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Enjoyed the 2 main fights and Garza-Hominick. Lawlor/Carmont sucked dick and Dos Anjos put up a great performance but the fight wasn't very entertaining. 7
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 pm

I'd like to see Condit vs Marquardt. Just curious to how it would play out.

Also, more off topic but I'd love to see how Overeem vs Cormier would play out as well. The who will win belt in 2013 thread had me thinking about this matchup. I'd like to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 pm

About 7/10.

It was the first time I really enjoyed watching GSP fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:35 pm

I gave it a 7. It did pretty well considering the parts they had to work with. I wasnt expecting much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Enjoyed the 2 main fights and Garza-Hominick. Lawlor/Carmont sucked dick and Dos Anjos put up a great performance but the fight wasn't very entertaining. 7

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:35 pm

I'll say 7. Garza fight was real good. If only that leaping spinning kick landed. Oh boy. Even without landing it looked cool. Really liked some of the techniques Dos Anjos was using, especially in that third rnd, dare I say Segal-esh.?. The KO by Hendricks. So some real good stuff for sure.

GSP fight was better then expected because of the Kick. Still was pretty lame overall, but better then expected. so it didn't sap the life from the card.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 am

That card was lackluster til the main events. 6. Maybe a 7 if I wasn't sick and pmsing.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 am

jewzilla wrote:
That card was lackluster til the main events. 6. Maybe a 7 if I wasn't sick and pmsing.

First fight was best fight on the main card.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:57 am

captain organic wrote:
jewzilla wrote:

First fight was best fight on the main card.

Can't say I agree. Was it a poor fight no. Was it the best fight? No. I don't know why but seeing garza smash up hominicks face didn't excite me.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:52 am

I actually thought it was a good card overall so I gave it an 8

-Hendricks won me over with that KO of Kampmann that dudes power is off the charts, never thought he'd do that to Kamp but I should've known better. Makes me look at Kos's chin alitte deferent to

-I've said it here before I can't fucking stand when a fighter knows he needs to get off his back just lays there in closed guard or even worse puts the fighter on him in a body triangle ahhhh!!! Let it be known that I get that GSP is very good at keeping his hips close to Carlos to take away the space that Carlos needs to create to excape or attack but he(Carlos) at a point in the fight just gave up imo on winning and that's something I never thought I'd see him do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 154 thoughts/rate it   UFC 154 thoughts/rate it Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 154 thoughts/rate it
Page 1 of 1