Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

USA travel advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

USA travel advice Empty
PostSubject: USA travel advice   USA travel advice EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:23 pm

i'll be making my first trip to the states next week, can anyone recommend any can't miss places to eat/nightlife in new york, philly, baltimore or washington?

also, how easy/difficult is it to get NFL tickets? i'm tempted to go and see miami in cincy though the giants/browns, redskins/falcons games look like they'll fit my itinerary better. a detour to pittsburgh for the steelers/eagles could also be manageable if that isn't sold out.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

USA travel advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA travel advice   USA travel advice EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:26 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
i'll be making my first trip to the states next week, can anyone recommend any can't miss places to eat/nightlife in new york, philly, baltimore or washington?

also, how easy/difficult is it to get NFL tickets? i'm tempted to go and see miami in cincy though the giants/browns, redskins/falcons games look like they'll fit my itinerary better. a detour to pittsburgh for the steelers/eagles could also be manageable if that isn't sold out.
You can get tickets to any sporting event through http://www.stubhub.com/ but you can find better deals elsewhere. It's also less of a hassle then trying to mess with craigslist or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

USA travel advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA travel advice   USA travel advice EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:58 pm

What part of New York?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

USA travel advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA travel advice   USA travel advice EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Ludo wrote:
What part of New York?

i'll probably stay in brooklyn or harlem as manhattan hotel prices are an outrage, but i'd have no qualms going into manhattan for a few drinks and some scran.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

USA travel advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA travel advice   USA travel advice EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:08 pm

I think Oggy lives on NY and captain organic in NJ. But I'm not sure if they currently live there or are just from there.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

USA travel advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA travel advice   USA travel advice EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 pm

I don't really know a ton of good NY eateries, but then again, u can kind of find great food just about anywhere. And of all varieties, Indian, Korean, Italian, steak houses, fallafel from a street vendor, etc.

And of coarse pizza in NYC is a must, and this place has lines that run outside the building.

http://www.grimaldis.com/ (one near the Brooklyn bridge of coarse)

My girlfriend used to live in the city, and another girl I know works up there a bunch, so I'll check with them for more definitive possibilities, but u really can just walk around and find a great place.

And while Brooklyn is the hot spot for a younger crowd, def worth chilling around there, but if u don't come to NYC often and when u do come u don't spend a bunch of hours in Manhattan, then u r doing yourself a disservice.

As far as tix go, it's not a matter of how easy, but how much u are willing to spend. And Stubhub is the place to go for that.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

USA travel advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA travel advice   USA travel advice EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:32 pm

pizza was something i'd overlooked but i'll definitely check it out. i've also been advised that i have to go to katz's deli.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

USA travel advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA travel advice   USA travel advice EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:39 pm

i got skins/falcons tickets in the end.

cincinnati was a ballache to get to and i think it will be a more exiting game than the giants/browns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

USA travel advice Empty
PostSubject: Re: USA travel advice   USA travel advice Empty

Back to top Go down

USA travel advice
Page 1 of 1