Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

official Big Beast football thread

Go down 
+2
captain organic
OU
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:26 pm

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
Counting Boise in the BE is cheating. There are only 2 teams in the BE that are ranked. I doubt you would not include Pitt if they were ranked. Does the BE still get an AQ? If so that is criminal.

I put Boise in parenthesis for a reason, I don't count them yet, but they are on the way.. But RU, Cincy, Louisville are all ranked. and yes BE still has an AQ.

"Big 5" tried to squeeze them out of future AQ's, but BE got a back door bid, something along the lines of the highest ranked teams from BE and some other schools.

Hopefully Ville or RU proves to be worthy of the AQ. But the conference as a whole is completely undeserving.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:14 pm

So are the ACC and Big 11
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:13 pm

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:
Counting Boise in the BE is cheating. There are only 2 teams in the BE that are ranked. I doubt you would not include Pitt if they were ranked. Does the BE still get an AQ? If so that is criminal.

I put Boise in parenthesis for a reason, I don't count them yet, but they are on the way.. But RU, Cincy, Louisville are all ranked. and yes BE still has an AQ.

"Big 5" tried to squeeze them out of future AQ's, but BE got a back door bid, something along the lines of the highest ranked teams from BE and some other schools.

Hopefully Ville or RU proves to be worthy of the AQ. But the conference as a whole is completely undeserving.

BE is actually 7-7 in BCS games, unlike say the ACC which has been abysmal in BCS games(somthing like 3-11) Now alot of those wins are thanks to WV, and I've said losing those guys hurt the conf in a big way(actually thought b4 they left that losing them would indeed kill the conf) so I am in 100% agreement that the BE teams that play in BCS play this bowl season will certainly be playing for future BE relevance in the BCS mix.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:27 pm

CARDS and Cincy played like shit. We got lucky pulling out with a win. Rutgers was down 10-0 and 30 mins later it was 35-10. I just don't see us beating Rutgers this year. Cincy will probably beat us on Friday also. Toledo is actually a pretty good team this year so I'm not feeling too cocky right now.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:31 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
CARDS and Cincy played like shit. We got lucky pulling out with a win. Rutgers was down 10-0 and 30 mins later it was 35-10. I just don't see us beating Rutgers this year. Cincy will probably beat us on Friday also. Toledo is actually a pretty good team this year so I'm not feeling too cocky right now.

Dang Beast, yee of little faith. I'll be rooting for u guys though. Need both of us to come in undefeated on Nov 29th.

And yes Toledo is pretty good this year. Fun fact about that game. Toledo won 29-23, yet didn't score an offensive TD.

Last edited by captain organic on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Cincy isn't very good. Louisville should win that game
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 8:58 pm

But real story in the BE is Rutgers.

And yeah a story of 2 halves. Probably the worst half of football they've played all year in the 1st, dropping balls, Nova with 2 TO's(his first since game 2), D missing tackles and just overall a step behind Temple in terms of play calling.

But total turnaround in 2nd half, 4 straight TD drives, Jamison gets on track, Temple with nothing in terms of offense in the 2nd. Probably there best half of football this year.

Just Temple u say? I've liked their program for the past couple years, solid record, have played Peen State tough on a couple occasions, won a bowl game somewhere along the line, and I liked the invite back to the BE.

And Temple was up for this game, having won their first 2 BE games this year this was actually for a spot on top of the division, and due to close proximity, Temple saw this as a chance to take some of the shine RU has gotten in the past half dozen years.

Real potential for a rivalry here, though it won't really get going until the Owls win one.

Louisville? skin of their teeth, but u like the moxy in coming from behind late. And just win baby.

Cincy losing to a MAC team is lousy(not the first BE team to lose to a MAC this year, though as a top BE team this one is much more painful then Western Michigan beating BE defector Pitt), but it should be noted that the MAC has a bunch of good teams. Undefeated Ohio, and 3 other teams sitting there with only one loss. And Rutgers gets one of those teams in Kent State this weekend.

I think Rutgers benefits from having seen Cincy lose to Toledo. And with the Sr leadership seeing where this season is going, I just can't see a letdown here. Add in homecoming game, and I think RU comes ready to play.

But we do have to watch out for this guy http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/482107/dri-archer who leads the nation in all purpose yds this year. Lines up all over the place, averages 10 yards per carry, runs a 4.2 40.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:56 am

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/38223/greene-left-off-butkus-semifinalist-list

Odd Butkus snub. Cause this is not a matter of snubbing the BE, or even Rutgers, for a Rutgers guy is on the list. But it is clearly the wrong Rutgers player that is on the list. And Beauharnais is a solid player, but the stats, and the eye test give Greene a big edge.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:44 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Cincy isn't very good. Louisville should win that game

You haven't watched much college football if you think Cincy isn't very good compared to Louisville. They have won 4 straight against us and held Toledo to no offensive td's. Their offense should give our defense fits. Its also a conference rival and we always play close for the keg of nails. This won't be easy and honestly i font think we should win this game. I hope i am wrong though.

Rutgers looks like the only team in the big east that can win a bcs game. I pray we end up with undefeated records and spoil your homecoming Captain. If that crowd is as loud as the 2006 game it will be tough on our o line and teddy. That crowd was so loud it affected us and we kept getting penalties because Brian brohm and our o line couldn't hear eachother. Brohm still says that was the worst game in h i s career. I still can't get that fucking kicker out of my head, pointing at the camera after the winning field goal.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:53 pm

I've seen UC multiple times, I live ten minutes from the stadium. Their QB sucks and they are an average team. I figured if Louisville was as good as you make them out to be all the time, they shouldn't have that big of a problem
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:59 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I've seen UC multiple times, I live ten minutes from the stadium. Their QB sucks and they are an average team. I figured if Louisville was as good as you make them out to be all the time, they shouldn't have that big of a problem

There qb isnt that bad at all. He might not be as good as collaros, but the guy is decent. I haven't said my CARDS are all that either. I said they would be a top 25 team this year but I knew we had our work cut out for us to win the big east. I have even said that they are the most beatable team that is ranked for 2-3 weeks.

Either way, this is a tough match up for both teams and it's a toss up on who will win. I'm thinking Cincy wins it though cause we are do for a loss.

Fun fact, i live about an hour away from the stadium. I don't know what that means though...but thanks for letting me know how close you are. If i get tickets to a game in cincy I'll know who to hit up.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Unless Josh is down for a game in cincy cause we know i heart josh.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Unless Josh is down for a game in cincy cause we know i heart josh.
I bet going to a game in Norman would blow your mind. Especially a game like this weekends. Gonna be intense. Deafening BOOMER SOONER chants.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 am

bobbitt15 wrote:

There qb isnt that bad at all. He might not be as good as collaros, but the guy is decent. I haven't said my CARDS are all that either. I said they would be a top 25 team this year but I knew we had our work cut out for us to win the big east. I have even said that they are the most beatable team that is ranked for 2-3 weeks.

Either way, this is a tough match up for both teams and it's a toss up on who will win. I'm thinking Cincy wins it though cause we are do for a loss.

Fun fact, i live about an hour away from the stadium. I don't know what that means though...but thanks for letting me know how close you are. If i get tickets to a game in cincy I'll know who to hit up.

He's the worst QB UC has had in as long as I can remember and everyone knows it.

It meant its incredibly easy for me to walk to the stadium and watch their home games. Sorry that wasn't clear enough
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:26 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

He's the worst QB UC has had in as long as I can remember and everyone knows it.

It meant its incredibly easy for me to walk to the stadium and watch their home games. Sorry that wasn't clear enough

It was clear but i had to point out that you living within walking distance is a moot point and doesn't mean jack shit. You should look his stats up. He may not be as good as the last two qb's Cincy has had but this is gonna be a close game that could go either way. If you don't agree with that then u show that you really don't know much about either team. Stick with rooting for the Irish.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Just looked it up. He has over 1400 yards passing this year and leads the conference in average rushing with 6 yards per carry. He isn't as bad as you make him out to be. Save face bobbit and leave it alone
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:11 pm

I know much more and have watched more UC football than you. He's the worst QB they've had in years. You realize that all UC fans talk about is which QBs they are recruiting right now because nobody can stand him? The only thing the kid can do is throw screens and 5 yard patterns. UC has played a joke schedule and he still looks like ass. GTFO dude and quit trying to hype Cincy up just in case your shitty team loses to them
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:49 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I know much more and have watched more UC football than you. He's the worst QB they've had in years. You realize that all UC fans talk about is which QBs they are recruiting right now because nobody can stand him? The only thing the kid can do is throw screens and 5 yard patterns. UC has played a joke schedule and he still looks like ass. GTFO dude and quit trying to hype Cincy up just in case your shitty team loses to them

Sounds like someone is using their opinion here and grouping other people who live ten minutes away to save face. Both teams are top 40 or better in any poll. I don't think either is shitty and it will be a good game.

Very Happy
I win!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:00 pm

Not to mention cincy has had some high caliber qb's for the last 4-6 years. I agree he isn't as good but you make him out to be as bad as Newton is at UK. Im just pointing out that it's gonna be a tight game that can go either way. I've watched Cincy a few times this year, so i wont say I've watched as much and lord knows you can beat me in a foot race since you're so close. That's the only legit thing you've pointed out in this thread. Me and every guy that works for ESPN just disagree with what you think about Cincy, my CARDS, and this game. You may go now bobbit. Don't let the door hit your head or wolfs ass on the way out sugar.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Cincy went 4-8 year b4 last with Collaros at the helm. Now Cincy fans are looking to boot Munchie at 7-1? Were they looking for his replacement after he threw 3 TD's to beat Va tech earlier this year?

Of coarse I rarely expect rational critiques from fans.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 pm

captain organic wrote:
Cincy went 4-8 year b4 last with Collaros at the helm. Now Cincy fans are looking to boot Munchie at 7-1? Were they looking for his replacement after he threw 3 TD's to beat Va tech earlier this year?

No doubt. Bobbit is just butthurt cause he tried to poke fun at our conference, cincy, and my CARDS. Now his fingers are in his ears.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:31 pm

captain organic wrote:

They're 5-1 with wins over Fordham, Delaware State, and Miami OH. As long as they didn't have a corpse at QB I think they would've been ok. He showed his true colors last week against a Toledo team with one of the worst defenses in the country
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Butthurt? You're the one who started being a fag beast because I said Cincy isn't a very good football team. Sorry, didn't realize this conference meant so much to you
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:15 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Butthurt? You're the one who started being a fag beast because I said Cincy isn't a very good football team. Sorry, didn't realize this conference meant so much to you

It means everything to me. But yeah...it butthurt. I'm just messing with ya anyway man. Lets hug it out. Truth be told, of we have to stay in the beast and can't get a good out of conference schedule we're pretty much fucked all around. All the big dogs are scared to play us. I'm kinda used to it though. That's the way its always been for us.

Cincy has had a weak schedule but they are still gonna play us tough.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:42 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

They're 5-1 with wins over Fordham, Delaware State, and Miami OH. As long as they didn't have a corpse at QB I think they would've been ok. He showed his true colors last week against a Toledo team with one of the worst defenses in the country

My bad on 5-1, but that still doesn't answer the 4-8 season 2 years ago. 2 of those wins were Indiana St and Miami Oh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

official Big Beast football thread
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next