Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

official Big Beast football thread

Go down 
+2
captain organic
OU
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:04 am

Bummer. I guess the Big 12 will need to go after BYU and Houston instead.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:13 am

Houston? Ehhh.... Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:18 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
I guess they were more attractive with Sumlin, haven't paid attention to them this season. I just remember they were a school that was talked about before. I don't care who the last team is, I just want the Big 12 to have 12 teams.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
I guess they were more attractive with Sumlin, haven't paid attention to them this season. I just remember they were a school that was talked about before. I don't care who the last team is, I just want the Big 12 to have 12 teams.

You aren't gaining much if the Houston market that you don't have. I love my city and don't mind rooting for UH but it's a commuter school with small time athletics. I think the Big 12 would be better off with BYU and another Big East school or maybe get into another Southern market like La Tech, ULala, southern Miss, Troy it ucf.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

You aren't gaining much if the Houston market that you don't have. I love my city and don't mind rooting for UH but it's a commuter school with small time athletics. I think the Big 12 would be better off with BYU and another Big East school or maybe get into another Southern market like La Tech, ULala, southern Miss, Troy it ucf.
Houston put together a couple good seasons and I know they got the attention of the Big 12 during the 1st major conference re-alignment. But I really don't care who the 12th team is, just that we have 12. Houston is still better then Rice for the Houston area. I actually stayed in a hotel for about a month right outside of Rice Village when I had my surgery down in Houston.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Rice is a tiny private school. A very good school but never a big player in sports outside of baseball.

Be careful what you wish for. Unless you hit it out of the park, each team will be getting a pay cut if bowl and TV revenue.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Rice is a tiny private school. A very good school but never a big player in sports outside of baseball.

Be careful what you wish for. Unless you hit it out of the park, each team will be getting a pay cut if bowl and TV revenue.
OU get's theirs no matter what. I just want a title game again. OU could get another crack at K-State on the field rather then hoping Texas knocks them off. I went to OU vs Nebraska at the new Cowboys stadium. That was a sweet experience. That's an awesome venue and they need to take advantage of it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

OU get's theirs no matter what. I just want a title game again. OU could get another crack at K-State on the field rather then hoping Texas knocks them off. I went to OU vs Nebraska at the new Cowboys stadium. That was a sweet experience. That's an awesome venue and they need to take advantage of it.

I forgot the Big 12 doesn't distribute evenly. Then just the peeons like Baylor, Okie St, and KSU will get the pay cut.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I forgot the Big 12 doesn't distribute evenly. Then just the peeons like Baylor, Okie St, and KSU will get the pay cut.
We bring the food to the table. We get the big piece of chicken.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:45 pm

I just hear the CARDS are ACC bound. Id rather be in the Big 12 but atleast we'll be in a great bball conference and a decent football conference.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:53 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I just hear the CARDS are ACC bound. Id rather be in the Big 12 but atleast we'll be in a great bball conference and a decent football conference.
It's an upgrade for sure. Florida St, Clemson, GT, VT and Miami is a step up in competition.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Charlie Strong is gonna be able to recruit even better now. He already has ties in Miami so this is gonna help big time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Charlie Strong is gonna be able to recruit even better now. He already has ties in Miami so this is gonna help big time.
IF he is still your coach next season. Better hope Tennessee or one of the other SEC schools don't come calling.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Ark auburn and tenn have money to burn.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

So do we. Remember we sell alcohol at games and that's a shit ton of money for us. Jurich said he would match any offer and make him the highest paid coach if he had to do so. He wot be leaving anytime soon. I see Petrino ending up at Auburn. He has ties there and they won games when he was an assistant.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:03 pm

Arkansas made an offer to Les Miles earlier. He would be dumb to take that job.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

So do we. Remember we sell alcohol at games and that's a shit ton of money for us. Jurich said he would match any offer and make him the highest paid coach if he had to do so. He wot be leaving anytime soon. I see Petrino ending up at Auburn. He has ties there and they won games when he was an assistant.
Even if the money is equal, those SEC schools are more attractive jobs.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm

In the Md for UL trade ACC loses in terms of TV market, but on the field/court competitiveness? Big win. Md football es no bueno. Cards much better f-ball squad, and presently a better b-ball squad.

And the ACC needed a boost on the gridiron, from an overall avg, there is not a huge gap between the ACC and BE in their current forms.

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Fsu and Clemson crush UL and Rutgers. Still a gap even as bad as the acc is.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:51 pm

captain organic wrote:
In the Md for UL trade ACC loses in terms of TV market, but on the field/court competitiveness? Big win. Md football es no bueno. Cards much better f-ball squad, and presently a better b-ball squad.

And the ACC needed a boost on the gridiron, from an overall avg, there is not a huge gap between the ACC and BE in their current forms.

Yeah it's not a huge gap. But it's a noticeable gap. Especially at the top.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Clemsons best win is?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Ga Tech is tied for the lead in the coastal division, they are 5-3 in conference and 1-3 out of the conf, with their win being over Presbyterian, they have losses vs BYU and Mid Tennessee St.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:59 pm

captain organic wrote:
Clemsons best win is?
I'm not talking about JUST this season. But BE doesn't have a Florida State and Clemson is better then RU and UL this season. I know they won 10 games last year as well. I know they lost to two good teams this year and were competitive in both. They didn't lose to inferior teams like the "elite" in the BE this year. You don't have to be defensive. ACC is just better.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:01 pm

GT is tied with NC and Miami.

NC is 3-1 ooc. Wins over Eastern Carolina, Idaho, and some school called Elon. Their loss? Louisville.

ACC is not much better.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:01 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ga Tech is tied for the lead in the coastal division, they are 5-3 in conference and 1-3 out of the conf, with their win being over Presbyterian, they have losses vs BYU and Mid Tennessee St.
Isn't Syracuse still in the running to win the BE? Fucking Syracuse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

official Big Beast football thread
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next