Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

official Big Beast football thread

Go down 
+2
captain organic
OU
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:14 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ark looks like dogshit. A&M better win by at least 2 TDs next weekend?

Ark didn't look bad last night, just lost to a better team. They prob roll through A&M.

the current line I saw was -13.5. Looks like Vegas disagrees with you.

RU was an underdog on Sat night too.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:33 pm

I took A&M and gave Ark the points this week. Rutgers was the better team in that game, but ARK gets worse each week. John L has turned in to the coach that Fonzi played in the waterboy. I sure hope my CARDS get a big win tomorrow. We need it.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm

South Florida will beat Florida State today. Upset of the year and you heard it here first!!!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:35 pm

WRONG
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 am

Dude...I was kidding but nobody was around. If you think I thought that usf would beat fsu then you are not my friend ever! I mean EVER! Nah but my CARDS got screwed by the rain and couldn't use our passing game. It was a monsoon! They played tough and won a game that was gift wrapped for a turd southern miss team.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:33 am

But i really didn't think they would win. Justsayin!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:44 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Dude...I was kidding but nobody was around. If you think I thought that usf would beat fsu then you are not my friend ever! I mean EVER! Nah but my CARDS got screwed by the rain and couldn't use our passing game. It was a monsoon! They played tough and won a game that was gift wrapped for a turd southern miss team.

Maybe the worst rain I've ever seen during a game. Cards eeked it out, and end of the day, that is all that matters.

Cincy with a nice win over Va Tech. Sure those traitorous panthers stole their thunder a couple weeks back, but any time a BE team sticks it to a contendor in the big 5 conf's it's a good thing. Bearcats should be sniffing around the top 25 .

USF played the noles tough. But their problem, as it has been for 4 years, is QB play, Daniels might have a big game here and there, but he throws in way too many stinkers. I've seen #81 shy away from balls down the field on numerous occasions as well. Gotta wonder how long a leash Holtz has down there.

Next up for RU is UConn, who scraped by Buffalo by a tight margin. Would really like to see RU stomp the huskies. Stars seem in line for it.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:16 pm

captain organic wrote:

Maybe the worst rain I've ever seen during a game. Cards eeked it out, and end of the day, that is all that matters.

Cincy with a nice win over Va Tech. Sure those traitorous panthers stole their thunder a couple weeks back, but any time a BE team sticks it to a contendor in the big 5 conf's it's a good thing. Bearcats should be sniffing around the top 25 .

USF played the noles tough. But their problem, as it has been for 4 years, is QB play, Daniels might have a big game here and there, but he throws in way too many stinkers. I've seen #81 shy away from balls down the field on numerous occasions as well. Gotta wonder how long a leash Holtz has down there.

Next up for RU is UConn, who scraped by Buffalo by a tight margin. Would really like to see RU stomp the huskies. Stars seem in line for it.

Yep. It seems like everything is going good for us right now. The conference is better this year imo. The ACC is stinking if ya take away two teams. I knew Rutgers was gonna be tough, but cincy has a great chance to beat my CARDS. I hope we meet up undefeated like i said a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 am

Up to 5-0. Ranked 20th. Did not whoop the Huskies the way I hoped, but controlled the game from the start. Team is playing as conservatively on offense as it gets. Relying on Jamison(over 100 yds in all 5 games thus far) and super quick, safe passes to the talented WR's.

Of coarse u can't play conservative offense without a strong D, and RU has that. Ranked 1st in the nation against the run. Caused 5 turnovers, allowed just 244 yds of total offense and UConn crossed midfield just once all game.

Penatlies continue to be an issue, with 10 more flags. If we don't lead the nation we are right there.

Schedule continues to be fairly soft with Syracuse at home this Saturday. Again would like to see RU whoop these guys(even moreso given that SU are BE defectors) but will certainly take a solid ball controlling win. Cuse is better offensively then UConn, though UConn has a much better D. So we will see how that plays out. RU can't take anyone for granted, but they have done a good job of keeping an even keel.

So Currently 3 teams in the top 25, with all 3 of those teams between 18(Louisville) and 21(Cincy). So BE has done a solid job of keeping itself relevant despite the turmoil. And we have #24 Boise waiting in the wings(all 4 teams are a notch higher in the USA today polls). Would have been nice if WV had stayed, though we do get the satisfaction of seeing them rack up wins against a supposedly superior Conf.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:50 am

OU vs Rutgers in the Fiesta Bowl. Calling it now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:03 am

Don't think OU wins the big 12. Ksu has a h2h on them and wvu looks like they can outscore just about anyone. And Rutgers is just LOL. They're overrated like crazy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:07 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Don't think OU wins the big 12. Ksu has a h2h on them and wvu looks like they can outscore just about anyone. And Rutgers is just LOL. They're overrated like crazy.
WV plays for NC, Fiesta choosed OU over K-State. A&M loses to Texas in Cotton Bowl....naw A&M won't make it to the Cotton Bowl...they lose to Baylor in Sun Bowl.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:11 am

Farmer1906 wrote:

Rutgers is lol? They have me worried. If they can finish undefeated I think they have a shot at anyone but the big 3 in the sec and WVU. I'm talking about the same WVU team my CARDS beat in Morgantown at the end of last season. Like Cap said, take care of the penalties and they can play with pretty much anyone.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:15 am

I'm just fucking with Farmer. In reality his team is probably just as good as mine this season. OU might be able to take A&M but I wouldn't be too confident about it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:04 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

So 20th in the nation at 5-0 is "overrated like crazy"?

As if u have even watched RU play.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:56 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Haters gonna hate! Farmer probably hasn't watched any Big East games. Fact is, we aren't as bad as the media made us out to be. WVU will win the Big 12 this year with the same team as last year, and they didn't even win the Big East. Nobody comments on the positives our conference has done, only negatives.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:01 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Haters gonna hate! Farmer probably hasn't watched any Big East games. Fact is, we aren't as bad as the media made us out to be. WVU will win the Big 12 this year with the same team as last year, and they didn't even win the Big East. Nobody comments on the positives our conference has done, only negatives.

I would watch Big Least football but the only game I've been able to find on TV was when Rutgers played Arkansas. And Rutgers looked like dog shit vs a bad team. They couldn't even put up points vs Tulane or Howard (24 and 26). They could very well finish 10-2 though because they play one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen. Yes Rutgers is LOL.

WVU very well might, but the Big XII doesn't look so hot right now outside of WVU & KSU and I think KSU is playing at the top of their potential and think they're going to slip up. Look what happened when they had to face an SEC team last year. Big fat L.

Louisville is the only legit Big Least team. I think they're a solid 12-15 team in the nation.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:05 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
WV plays for NC, Fiesta choosed OU over K-State. A&M loses to Texas in Cotton Bowl....naw A&M won't make it to the Cotton Bowl...they lose to Baylor in Sun Bowl.

WVU-Fiesta
OU-Cotton
tu-Alamo (Bowl wants money so they go with tu to sell out San An)
KSU-Buffalo Wild Wings
OSU/BU/TTU-Holiday

A&M will likely finish with 9 wins and 3rd in the West. That will probably put us in the Outback or Chick-Fil-A (5 or 6 pick counting the National Championship Game)
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I would watch Big Least football but the only game I've been able to find on TV was when Rutgers played Arkansas. And Rutgers looked like dog shit vs a bad team. They couldn't even put up points vs Tulane or Howard (24 and 26). They could very well finish 10-2 though because they play one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen. Yes Rutgers is LOL.

WVU very well might, but the Big XII doesn't look so hot right now outside of WVU & KSU and I think KSU is playing at the top of their potential and think they're going to slip up. Look what happened when they had to face an SEC team last year. Big fat L.

Louisville is the only legit Big Least team. I think they're a solid 12-15 team in the nation.

How did they look like dogshit when the QB is passing for 400 yds, 5 td's and no picks? RB racking up 100 yds? #2 rushing D in the nation?

That's looking like dogshit? Farmer don't know.

Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:00 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

How did they look like dogshit when the QB is passing for 400 yds, 5 td's and no picks? RB racking up 100 yds? #2 rushing D in the nation?

That's looking like dogshit? Farmer don't know.

Didn't look it up but those stats don't sound accurate from what I remember. Plus ark gave it to you twice and you couldnt muster mire than a 2 point lead in the 4th. You played D vs ark about as we'll as UL Monroe. Congrats. I try to hold my evaluation of my team to a higher standard.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:47 am

Gonna be a tough game today against Pitt. I hope our defense finally shows up for a full game this year like CARDS fans expected.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 2:52 pm

I'll take a 10 point win on the road. I sure wish i could've watched the breaking game here at work. Fuck espn!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:46 pm

RU eek's out another one. Ugly football? those words have been paired together quite often in the 2 games since the Ark win. But it does seem to be by design. At least to an extent. Coach Flood wants to build a smash mouth identity, so running the ball has been a priority on offense. But Syracuse keyed on it and shut us down pretty good, breaking Jamisons 100 yd game streak. We did throw deep on occasion, but were not able to complete the big one enough to open this game up(Mark Harrison dropped a ball at the goal line that was layed nicely into the bread basket by qb Nova that would have made the score 30-7 early in the 4th). But what the offense does do is protect the football. Zero TO's again.

But Defense, and special teams? Nasty as always. Sure SU put up some yardage(large chunks against a soft and rather ineffective prevent) but forced TO's all 2nd half, tons of pressure on SU qb, and once again blocked a kick, which was returned for a TD. Kick blocks is an RU M.O. Lead the nation by a good margin over the last 6-7 years.

And check out this line by Khaseem Greene who took home Walter Camp defensive player of the week honors. 14 tackles, 1.5 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and a pick. Nasty!

The other major BE teams also won, keeping 3(plus Boise) in the top 25. And surprising(or maybe not so surprising if you've paid attention the last few years) BE newcomer Temple improves to 2-0 in the conf. RU travels to Philly next week for what was once viewed as a soft spot in the schedule, not looking so soft right now.

6-0. # 15 BCS. Loving RU football right now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Counting Boise in the BE is cheating. There are only 2 teams in the BE that are ranked. I doubt you would not include Pitt if they were ranked. Does the BE still get an AQ? If so that is criminal.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:22 pm

OU wrote:
Counting Boise in the BE is cheating. There are only 2 teams in the BE that are ranked. I doubt you would not include Pitt if they were ranked. Does the BE still get an AQ? If so that is criminal.

I put Boise in parenthesis for a reason, I don't count them yet, but they are on the way.. But RU, Cincy, Louisville are all ranked. and yes BE still has an AQ.

"Big 5" tried to squeeze them out of future AQ's, but BE got a back door bid, something along the lines of the highest ranked teams from BE and some other schools.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: official Big Beast football thread   official Big Beast football thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

official Big Beast football thread
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next