Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

R.I.P Tony Scott

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:16 am

The legendary action director and brother of Sir Ridley Scott has committed suicide today at 68.

Tony made such movies as Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop II, The Last Boy Scout, Crimson Tide, True Romance, Enemy of The State and Man on Fire.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=34930
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:03 pm

True Romance, loved it when I first saw it a long time ago, still one of my favorites today. Also really liked Déjà Vu, Man on Fire and Crimson Tide. Tony and Denzel worked well together.

And also, who could forget perhaps his finest achievement in art:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 2:34 pm

He was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer.

He chose to confront death on his own terms.

Met his fate jumping off of the Vincent Thomas Bridge at the Port of Long Beach.

Letters to those he cared for were found in his car and office.
Back to top Go down

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:30 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
He was diagnosed with inoperable brain cancer.

He chose to confront death on his own terms.

Met his fate jumping off of the Vincent Thomas Bridge at the Port of Long Beach.

Letters to those he cared for were found in his car and office.

That's tragic to hear, Tony will be missed very much I've always enjoyed his style of action movies.

Kinda weird timing that Ridley made Prometheus so close to this given the themes it deals with.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Beverly Hills Cop2 and Last BoyScout, 2 bad ass movies of my childhood, he will be missed
Back to top Go down

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:48 pm

Top Gun is my favorite of Tony's but I do like True Romance, Man on Fire and Unstoppable which was surprisingly engrossing.
Back to top Go down

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Alot of Twitter love from fellow directors and actors.
Quote :
RealRonHoward Ron Howard No more Tony Scott movies. Tragic day

ValEKilmer Val Kilmer RIP Tony. You were the kindest film director I ever worked for. You will be missed.

MMFlint Michael Moore True Romance. The scene with Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper in a Detroit railyard is a classic. RIP Tony Scott.

edgarwright edgarwright I just woke up to hear about Tony Scott. Can't believe it. As I hope was evident in my work, I was big fan of his. Rest In Peace, sir.

ManMadeMoon Duncan Jones Just heard about Tony Scott news. Horrible... Tony was a truly lovely man who took me under his wing & ignited my passion to make films.

Rodriguez Robert Rodriguez Tony Scott. Damn. Great knowing you, buddy. Thanks for the inspiration, advice, encouragement, and the decades of great entertainment.

JRichardKelly Richard Kelly Collaborating with the great Tony Scott was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. My thoughts are with his family tonight.

carnojoe Joe Carnahan Tony Scott as a Director was Sui Generis. Tony Scott as a friend and a mentor was irreplaceable. Tone, wherever you are, I love you man. RIP

carnojoe Joe Carnahan Tony Scott as a Director was Sui Generis. Tony Scott as a friend and a mentor was irreplaceable. Tone, wherever you are, I love you man. RIP
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Loved Tony Scott. His movies had the popcorn style with loudness and action, but he never failed to make you care about the characters and the story...especially Enemy of the State that really had no business being as good of a movie as it was. He did a Quentin Tarantino script more justice than Oliver Stone did.

I also, for once agree with Michael Moore...that scene with Walken and Hopper in True Romance is one of my favorite scenes of all time.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Yep, that scene always comes to mind in a greatest movie scene discussion for me.
Back to top Go down

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:23 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P Tony Scott Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Tony Scott   R.I.P Tony Scott Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P Tony Scott
Page 1 of 1