Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best card of the year so far?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Best card of the year so far?  Empty
PostSubject: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Too early to make a poll probably. Been some good ones. This FOX card was great, especially the main card. But what has been the best this year? After a quick search here were some we rated highly.
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t18136-ufc-146-thoughts-rate?highlight=rate
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t17213-ufc-144-thoughts-rate-it?highlight=rate
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t16667-ufc-142-rate-it?highlight=rate
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 2:18 pm

I'm leaning toward 146 personally. But there have been some great cards. This was atleast the 3rd card where all main card fights were finishes.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:10 pm

Im going with UFC on FOX 4
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Im going with UFC on FOX 4
I wouldn't argue with that. It was so good that it spawned this topic.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Very close but I'm going with the fox card
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

There has been a major drop off since this thread was made. We had 1 cancelled card and 152 and 153.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Currently between 146 and FOX 4 I'd say. I lean towards UFC 146 by a hair, both delivered for 5+ hours.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:44 am

Getting close to the end. Anything change for anyone?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 12:17 pm

TUF 16 Finale was pretty exceptional.

Overall, December 14th and 15th was probably the best two-day stretch of fights I've ever seen.

FX 6 delivered pretty good stuff, only a few fights that were not captivating or exciting. Legacey on the same night was all sweet finishes in several pretty solid fights. The only decision was foght of the night. Then Last nights card had an unrivaled run of epic finishes.

I saw 28 fights between these 3 cards this weekend. A couple of really good decision battles and a lot of back and forth wars leading to finishes.
28 fights
15 KOs
6 Subs
7 Dec
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptySun Dec 16, 2012 1:07 pm

146 ftw
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 5:25 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
TUF 16 Finale was pretty exceptional.

Overall, December 14th and 15th was probably the best two-day stretch of fights I've ever seen.

FX 6 delivered pretty good stuff, only a few fights that were not captivating or exciting. Legacey on the same night was all sweet finishes in several pretty solid fights. The only decision was foght of the night. Then Last nights card had an unrivaled run of epic finishes.

I saw 28 fights between these 3 cards this weekend. A couple of really good decision battles and a lot of back and forth wars leading to finishes.
28 fights
15 KOs
6 Subs
7 Dec

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/17/3777172/mma-results-fight-video-zombie-prophet-teh-gifs-arlovski-sfl-legacy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:15 pm

I forget the number but there was one of the early Brazil cards which I really enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Ali wrote:
I forget the number but there was one of the early Brazil cards which I really enjoyed.
This one? Got high ratings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:21 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes that's the one 142. I think the atmosphere played a big part in making it special for me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes that's the one 142. I think the atmosphere played a big part in making it special for me.
It was a great card for sure. There have been a few good ones this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:29 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I still can't believe we got two awesome cards back to back this weekend that just went by.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

I still can't believe we got two awesome cards back to back this weekend that just went by.
Yeah those guys put on a show for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best card of the year so far?    Best card of the year so far?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Best card of the year so far?
Page 1 of 1