Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 133 Card

Go down 
+5
timthebim
corydd7
OU
GDPofDRC
bobbitt15
9 posters
AuthorMessage

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:58 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23628/ufc-133-official-as-evans-vs-davis-in-philly.mma

It appears Rashad Evans (15-1-1 MMA, 10-1-1 UFC) and fellow top contender Phil Davis (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) will take the headlining spot at August's UFC 133 event.

Officials recently unveiled the pay-per-view show as "UFC 133: Evans vs. Davis," which takes place Aug. 6 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

If booked for the event, it appears a rumored fight between UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo (19-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Chad Mendes (10-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) won't take the main-event slot.

The hosted its first Philly show, UFC 101, in 2009.

Evans, of course, had been slated to fight currently light-heavyweight champ Jon Jones. However, Jones ultimately pulled out of the fight with a torn right-hand ligament suffered in his March title victory over then-champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

Jones was scheduled for surgery but ultimately decided against it based on a surgeon's recommendation. He could return by late summer, but the Evans vs. Davis fight will go on.

Before Jones got the booking, Evans had been in line to fight Rua, but a knee injury forced him off the card. As Rua healed from his own knee injury, Evans sat out nearly a year waiting for the bout rather than taking a non-championship fight and risking his shot at the belt. But when he lost the slot due to injury, UFC officials gave it to Jones, who ultimately won in decisive fashion.

The subsequent Jones vs. Evans booking ultimately splintered the fighters and training partners. And Evans, who's defeated Thiago Silva and Quinton Jackson since losing his belt, thinks the canceled surgery is proof Jones never wanted to fight him in the first place.

"It's obvious he doesn't want to fight," Evans told MMAjunkie.com. "Because if you don't need surgery and you're not going to have it, then why tell the UFC that you're going to have surgery and not have it?

"So pretty much what it comes down to is this guy faked a surgery. He's not fighting me. But he's so confident. He's saying he's going to destroy me and he's Jon Jones the great, but yet he doesn't even need surgery – or he's not going to have it."

Davis, a former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion, is 9-0 in his pro career, and his past five fights have come in the UFC. With victories over Brian Stann, Alexander Gustafsson, Rodney Wallace and Tim Boetsch, he began drawing comparisons to Jones. In March's UFC Fight Night 24 headliner, Davis scored one of his biggest wins yet: a hard-fought unanimous-decision victory over notable Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

As for Aldo vs. Mendes, White mentioned the bout as a possibility following the champ's recent victory over Mark Hominick at UFC 129. While the bout seems a logical choice for UFC 134 in Aldo's native Brazil, White instead said it was a possibility for the UFC 133 card. However, no official announcement has been made.

The latest UFC 133 card now includes:

* Phil Davis vs. Rashad Evans
* Champ Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes (for featherweight title)*
* Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Vitor Belfort
* Rich Franklin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
* Johny Hendricks vs. Mike Pierce
* Jorge Rivera vs. Alessio Sakara
* Mike Brown vs. Nam Phan
* Michael McDonald vs. Nick Pace
* Brian Ebersole vs. Dennis Hallman
* Riki Fukuda vs. Rafael "Sapo" Natal
Back to top Go down

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:59 am

Nice card.
Back to top Go down

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 11:16 am

Quote :
* Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Vitor Belfort
* Rich Franklin vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Excited for these.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:31 pm

Really solid card
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Nick Pace vs Micheal McDonald is off that card.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Nick Pace vs Micheal McDonald is off that card.

game changer.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko is on the card
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Alot of good names on the card. I think Ace will win but if he loses anyone else think he may start to want to hangum up? Nothing left to prove and the new breed of MMA is starting to pass him by just a tad. To small for LHW and wants no part of MW anymore. Great fighter just hope he dosen't stick around to long for his own good.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko is on the card

Better find it's way onto SPIKE. Fuck Facebook.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:38 pm

It is a much better card than 131 and 132
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:39 pm

corydd7 wrote:
Alot of good names on the card. I think Ace will win but if he loses anyone else think he may start to want to hangum up? Nothing left to prove and the new breed of MMA is starting to pass him by just a tad. To small for LHW and wants no part of MW anymore. Great fighter just hope he dosen't stick around to long for his own good.

He said many times he would be willing to go back to MW if the UFC has something for him there. He even said he would fight Spider again, just saw him the other day on Fighting Words talking about it. Besides the clip vs Vitor he has been competitive in every fight he has been in recently.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:57 pm

OU wrote:
corydd7 wrote:

He said many times he would be willing to go back to MW if the UFC has something for him there. He even said he would fight Spider again, just saw him the other day on Fighting Words talking about it. Besides the clip vs Vitor he has been competitive in every fight he has been in recently.
My bad then I was thinking of an interview like a year ago and in that one he said he was done with MW. My question still stands should he think about hanging them up if he loses he was a champ and I would like to see him go out on his own terms with something left in the gas tank not running on fumes fighting guys who aren't even in the top 10.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:02 pm

corydd7 wrote:
OU wrote:
corydd7 wrote:

My bad then I was thinking of an interview like a year ago and in that one he said he was done with MW. My question still stands should he think about hanging them up if he loses he was a champ and I would like to see him go out on his own terms with something left in the gas tank not running on fumes fighting guys who aren't even in the top 10.

If he loses another dec like he did with Forrest then I don't have a problem with him sticking around. He lost 29-28(on all 3 cards) to Forrest. It was a competitive fight. It's not like it was a lop sided dec or anything. Less then a year ago lil Nog was a top 10 LHW so even a close loss here won't be the end of the World for Rich.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:34 pm

I cant wait for the this card. My B-Day is right around then and we are throwing a party for me that night. Cant wait.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:28 pm

OU wrote:
corydd7 wrote:
OU wrote:
corydd7 wrote:

If he loses another dec like he did with Forrest then I don't have a problem with him sticking around. He lost 29-28(on all 3 cards) to Forrest. It was a competitive fight. It's not like it was a lop sided dec or anything. Less then a year ago lil Nog was a top 10 LHW so even a close loss here won't be the end of the World for Rich.

imo he is still a top 10. i can only really name 9 fighters better than him in the division
Back to top Go down

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:52 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/23/2186484/jose-aldo-injured-out-of-ufc-133-bout-with-chad-mendes

Jose Aldo Injured, Out of UFC 133 Bout With Chad Mendes

UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo has pulled out of his UFC 133 title fight against Chad Mendes according to Heavy.com. Aldo's injury is expected to keep him out of action until mid-September.

Aldo, the final WEC featherweight champion, was named the UFC's first 145lb champ at a special ceremony at UFC 123 last November. He was initially expected to make his first title defense against Josh Grispi at UFC 125. Aldo suffered a neck injury and had to pull out of that fight.

Grispi lost badly to unheralded UFC debutante Dustin Poirier on the undercard of UFC 125.

Aldo finally defended his UFC title in a five round decision win over Mark Hominick at UFC 129. Aldo took a unanimous decision from the game Canadian, but Hominick ended the fight on a high note by taking Aldo down and ground and pounding the champ for much of the fifth round.

The cancellation of Aldo vs Mendes at UFC 133 is another in a long string of cancelled headliners including the lightweight championship fight between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard that was supposed to headline this weekend's UFC 130.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Damn another main event down the drain lol.
Back to top Go down

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:15 pm

I think it was the co-main event.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Mendes won't wait one month for a title shot? Pretty stupid decision
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:48 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I think it was the co-main event.

Same difference.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:45 am

This fight was never officially signed as the headliner and title fights always have top billing according to what I read. Aldo just wants to push the fight back a few weeks. This isn't a signed bout that was called off due to injury as it is being framed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:22 am

I read they wanted to move this fight anyways as well, to Rio..
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:39 am

Aldo just fought a guy from Ontario in Toronto. So I don't mind him moving back a few weeks to be 100% for a fight in Rio.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card EmptyTue May 24, 2011 7:42 am

Aldo wants a 12 week camp vs a 10 week camp. Its sounds like a BS excuse to get on the Rio card. Weak move by Aldo and Soares. And this is coming from an Aldo fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UFC 133 Card Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 133 Card   UFC 133 Card Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 133 Card
Page 1 of 1