Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 120: I like the card...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

UFC 120:  I like the card... Empty
PostSubject: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:06 am

It's been getting alot of grief, and without having looked at it, and only seeing the main event I was very much "blah" about it.

But I like the Kongo fight, that is a KO waiting to happen, one way or another.
I'm big on Hathaway, I think he keeps it standing and bludgeons Pyle.
And Condit & Hardy are always in good scraps.

Im not amped for the main event, but whatever, and if this were a ppv that would be weak, but as a free card, this is excellent imo. Maybe not huge names, but exciting stylistic matchups.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:11 am

This card pretty much sucks for not having the words Ultimate Fight Night in the title.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:12 am

OU wrote:
This card pretty much sucks for not having the words Ultimate Fight Night in the title.

but that labeling means nothing to me. Do I have to pay for it? That's all I care about it. The answer here is no, so I'm cool. Good card.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:16 am

Heck its a free card, im happy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:23 am

captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

but that labeling means nothing to me. Do I have to pay for it? That's all I care about it. The answer here is no, so I'm cool. Good card.

Good only because it is free.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:24 am

I wish there was a deferent main event with acouple decent names with Bispings fight on the main card with Condit and Hardy. But other than that I bet it turns out to be an exciting card.

One thought I had as I was overlooking the card is. Why isn't Bisping just rematching Leben who just beat Akiyama instead? I still think Bisping/Akiyama will be exciting but I'd be more pumped to see Bisping/Leben 2..... but maybe that's just me.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:25 am

MMAEYES wrote:
I wish there was a deferent main event with acouple decent names with Bispings fight on the main card with Condit and Hardy. But other than that I bet it turns out to be an exciting card.

One thought I had as I was overlooking the card is. Why isn't Bisping just rematching Leben who just beat Akiyama instead? I still think Bisping/Akiyama will be exciting but I'd be more pumped to see Bisping/Leben 2..... but maybe that's just me.

UFC prob doesn't want Bisping to stick and move the steam out of the Leben hype train that is now running full bore. Just a bad matchup for Leben.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:26 am

OU wrote:
captain organic wrote:
OU wrote:

Good only because it is free.

But it is free, so it is good.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:20 pm

if the main event goes to decision, what are the chances of another bogus call in bispings favor?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:22 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
if the main event goes to decision, what are the chances of another bogus call in bispings favor?

80%
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Its a lot better than 122
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:07 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Its a lot better than 122

Yeah except both Marquart and Okami are > both Akiyama and Bisping.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Which is fully canceled out by the fact that Alessio Sakara is the co-main if that card even has one
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:11 pm

122 is shit!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:11 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Which is fully canceled out by the fact that Alessio Sakara is the co-main if that card even has one

Yeah I'm just saying, I wouldn't say it is that much better. Better? Sure. Just not by too much. Both are pretty shitty cards.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:13 pm

It's like saying getting poked in the eye is better then getting kicked in the nuts. Just because option A is better doesn't make it a good option.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:20 pm

UFC announced today UFC 120 will air on SPIKE at 8pm ET
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:02 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Because Bisping handled Leben with ease.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:13 pm

I like this card much better then 122. And since both are free Im cool with each.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:14 pm

120 is ten times better than 122, I don't think I'll even bother catching 122, not one fight interests me.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Ali wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Even using that logic why would Bisping fight the guy the Leben beat then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:17 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Ali wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Even using that logic why would Bisping fight the guy the Leben beat then?

Fresh challenge, and Akiyama was probably only available at the time.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Ali wrote:
120 is ten times better than 122, I don't think I'll even bother catching 122, not one fight interests me.

Nate-Okami and Polish-Reljic are both solid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:33 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali wrote:

I am mildly intrigued by Nate vs Okami but the rest of card is mediocre.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Ali wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali wrote:

I am mildly intrigued by Nate vs Okami but the rest of card is mediocre.

Both are still better then your boy Bisping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 120: I like the card...   UFC 120:  I like the card... Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 120: I like the card...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next