Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2013 NFL Discussion

Go down 
+9
bobbitt15
Ludo
jewzilla
timthebim
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
josh200612
GDPofDRC
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:58 pm

good move by Harbaugh. Smith is having a good season. Kaepernick played well but not well enough to take a job from somebody who is third in the league in passer rating, 70 percent completion, was coming of a 19 for 20 and an offensive player of the week before being concussed, and is 20-6 over the last two seasons. Not with just 2 games.

if not for the defense shoving it up Drew Brees ass dry with no warning, we probably would have lost in New Orleans and nobody would be talking about Kaepernick and Smith. You don't go in a different direction in the middle of a season when your primary focus in the bowl..especially when you were going in the right direction with a QB that keeps getting better like Smith had been.

Just don't like the idea of dumping a proven and still improving QB who has done everything right for a still unproven QB(to call Kaep a proven starter is the same as calling Matt Flynn one, and Flynn's stat line blew Kaeps out of the water. He got beat out by a rookie who isnt even that good) who can be just a few adjustments by the opposition away from laying a huge egg.

I know it sounds very Raider fan-ish...but its the haters. People will dump on Smith no matter what.

It's also a good move in the sense that you bench Smith now..he's ruined. Kaepernick's a smart guy. He knows Smith didnt lose his job. The team was winning and he was a big part of it. He'll still be game if they need him. It's only his second year. You can't go back to Smith after screwing him after missing 2 games when he was winning and playing at a high level...not with all he's been through.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

It's also a good move in the sense that you bench Smith now..he's ruined. Kaepernick's a smart guy. He knows Smith didnt lose his job. The team was winning and he was a big part of it. He'll still be game if they need him. It's only his second year. You can't go back to Smith after screwing him after missing 2 games when he was winning and playing at a high level...not with all he's been through.

Def agree here. Kap has his future ahead of him, and in the present can be the wild card on the bench, too much uncertainty starting him now. Smith is the logical choice at this point in time.

But I doubt this story is over. And Smith's composure will be tested.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 am

listening to the SF radio just now, and it seems the decision is still pretty much in the air. They still expect Kaepernick to be starting.

You really don't know what Harbaugh is doing until it's done. He'll say both of them are the starters.

I mostly want them to pick a guy and stick with him. I'm more comfortable with Smith though. If we were a fringe playoff team i would say test potential but 8-2-1 and pretty much a special teams blunder and shitty forward progress call from going to the bowl last year. It seems too risky to switch drivers. Eventually adjustments to Kaepernick will be made(probably in time for the playoffs) and we don't know how that will change him. Thats not to suggest it would effect him negatively but you just don't know. Teams have plans for Alex Smith that they implement every week and he does what he does. Sometimes it's just enough or sometimes, like recently, he does big things. My fear is that this late in the season, you won't find out how good this guy really is until the playoffs...and even if he maintains his level of play..he's a second year player who would have played less than 10 games going into the playoffs with a team built to win now. Smith went through the war with these guys last year. Too risky. We can win it all with Smith...we probably should have last year.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:07 am

I haven't seen anywhere that says SF made it's decision at QB. Where are you guys hearing Smith was already picked as the starter this week?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:49 pm

Smith at his best is mediocre. He'll let them down again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm still hearing that no decision has been made. I got the newb in one of my money leagues that I have to start 2 QBs and I have both Vick and Big Ben out. That league is too deep and I was lucky to get the newb as a replacement. I need him for another week while Ben heals up.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Smith at his best is mediocre. He'll let them down again.

again? special teams lost last year. Also, to call Smith's play this season and last mediocre just shows you'll dump on the guy no matter what. His play was and has been far from mediocre. Maybe if YPG is the only stat that matters and you're some fantasy douche.

Shame on Harbaugh. Ultimate betrayal of a player who did everything right. Every step of the way what he would say and what he would do were complete opposites when it came to Smith. Of course in the meantime, all Alex did was get the job done. A guy who spent his entire career getting screwed by Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary and new offensive coordinators every season probably just got the biggest screw job by the coach he actually bought into. Stupid him. This is how you lose your team.. by screwing the "captain" and saying one thing and doing another. They think you are full of shit.

Also a lesson to all the QB's out there. Even if you're good...if you get a concussion..stay in. Don't leave the game.

As for Kaepernick...i like the guy. However, he did nothing to win this job from Smith. His game vs. Chicago was not better than Smith's previous game vs. Arizona...and there was nothing special about Kaepernick's game vs. New Orleans to say "oh yeah, this is the guy" when we probably lose if not for Brooks and Whitner.

This all comes back to Harbaugh's main weakness. He brings too much of the college ball mentality to the NFL. It's already bit him in the ass a few times. I truly believe he thinks he can "ride the hot hand" but this isnt picking a game 1 pitcher or college football. If you're a good team, you got one QB. You choose one or you lose both of them mentally. Well, he chose Kaepernick. He's gonna lose Smith and we don't even know if Kaepernick is for real. Good job dickhead.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:39 pm

OU wrote:
I'm still hearing that no decision has been made. I got the newb in one of my money leagues that I have to start 2 QBs and I have both Vick and Big Ben out. That league is too deep and I was lucky to get the newb as a replacement. I need him for another week while Ben heals up.

He announced Kaep.

I think people thought Smith because it was the sensible move, but Harbaugh and his surprises.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:33 pm

#1 running back in the league? Adrian Peterson.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 4:12 pm

Texans dominating on both sides. On their way to another win.

Last edited by Farmer1906 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 7:19 pm

2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 Mattfail

Usually it's sarcasm when somebody says "i hate being right" but i literally hate being right...and now Harbaugh, who was maybe he is maybe he isnt when he was expecting Kaepernick to carve up the lowly Rams is now standing with stubborn pride by his decision while the egg drips from his face. This is sabotage of a contender.

San Francisco radio was awful on the way home. Kaepernick apologist hour. Everybody is at faults except the guy who gave up 8 points by himself. Ginn's fault. They even blamed Frank Gore of all guys. This one is on Kaepernick, Akers, and half amazing half imcompetent Harbaugh.

People are saying Kaepernick is young and having growing pains. He needs to develop. He has potential.

All are true but that is exactly what the problem is...The last thing i want to hear in the middle of a winning season of a team holding on to the second seed with goal being the super bowl is "let him develop" when we had a proven commodity who was efficient, safe, and played to the strength of the team. If this was week 3 i would say "OK" but it's week 13 and we just got a taste of a defensive adjustment to Kaepernick.

We don't have time for somebody to develop. Does Harbaugh realize the playoffs are around the corner? There is a chance we might not get the second seed now. We might have to go the full way with a "developing" QB when our proven QB was two special team blunders from going to the bowl last year and was having an excellent season and most importantly, was winning.

Harbaugh set the team back with this move. Kaepernick may very well have more upside but the fact is he's a second year player. Potential is a meaningful word for the future...it means dick for a team meant to win now. It means "maybe next year". We won't win shit with Kaepernick this season..we could have with Smith just like we could have last year. I say put Smith in vs. Miami and have him back in the swing of things by the time we hit Foxboro. If he's not completely clocked out on his liar coach. Harbaugh is only outsmarting himself at this point.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 pm

lol, niners aren't good enough to beat the rams with or without smith.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
lol, niners aren't good enough to beat the rams with or without smith.

you are aware that if the niners fail to win the superbowl we're going to have to listen to kings categorically stating they'd definitely have won it if harbaugh hadn't started kaepernick for at least 8 months?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:20 pm

not massively looking forward to to dolphins v the niners tonight.

whilst i could see it being a close, low scoring game if tannehill plays well, i can also see the 49ers totally mauling a rookie QB with an iffy OL.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:56 pm

3 carries, 106yds, 2 TDs (13:44 left in the 2nd qtr.)

Peterson killing it AGAIN!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:05 am

so-so game by Kaepernick. The more this goes on the more i think it's just about the money they don't want to pay Smith next year if they think Kaepernick will be as good. What bothers me is i feel they are sabotaging this season to set up next year when we could win now with an experienced QB who plays to the strengths of the team and does not make nearly as many mistakes as Kaep. They arent even using Kaepernick differently than they used Smith...the difference is he's not being Smith as good as Smith. The reasoning for the move is Kaepernick is supposed to be the guy to make big plays with his arm..while he has with his feet he has been poor in the red zone and is not racking up much yardage himself.

Anyway, we should have killed those guys and we didnt. That coupled to losing to the Rams..I think the Niners look fairly vulnerable going into Foxboro and then to Seattle.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 am

it was a typical dolphins game, you couldn't tell it apart from many other games over the past 3 years.

gave a very good team a tough game but let it slip away with a couple of bonehead errors on special teams, they should have also been ready for that run by kaepernick as he'd attempted the same play a couple of other times on the same drive. not saying we'd have scored in two minutes with no time outs against that D but we should have got the ball back at the end with a chance to tie.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
3 carries, 106yds, 2 TDs (13:44 left in the 2nd qtr.)

Peterson killing it AGAIN!
Best in the league. Future HOFer.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Dez Bryant might be done for the season. Shit that hurts the Cowboys playoff hopes.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:39 pm

There was hope?

Texans in one if their biggest games in franchise history tonight. Lets hope we don't shit our pants like we did vs GB. We're 1-1 vs elite QBs this year. And no that doesn't include Flacco.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
There was hope?

Texans in one if their biggest games in franchise history tonight. Lets hope we don't shit our pants like we did vs GB. We're 1-1 vs elite QBs this year. And no that doesn't include Flacco.
So many haters out there. They are 1 game out of division and wild card. Yea, still plenty of hope.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:13 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
There was hope?

So many haters out there. They are 1 game out of division and wild card. Yea, still plenty of hope.

I understand the standings were somewhat cose, but I like the Giants & Redskins over the Cowboys. Hard to make the playoffs when you're the 3rd best team in your division and already lost 6 games.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Cowboys are a looooongshot at making the postseason.

Bears, Seahawks, Skins, Vikings and possibly the Bucs not counting all the divisional leaders could finish ahead of them.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Cowboys are a looooongshot at making the postseason.

Bears, Seahawks, Skins, Vikings and possibly the Bucs not counting all the divisional leaders could finish ahead of them.

Don't point out the obvious to homers. He'll just say something like "Romo is a top 5 QB and he'll lead us to the playoffs", "Now the Murray is healthy he'll outplay Martin, Lynch, & Morris", or "The team is clicking now and has chemistry".
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:10 pm

I see brown stuff running down Wade's leg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 NFL Discussion
Page 19 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 27  Next