Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2013 NFL Discussion

Go down 
+9
bobbitt15
Ludo
jewzilla
timthebim
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
josh200612
GDPofDRC
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:15 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
lol...now THAT'S a good one.

Well, we'll give you a hand splitting the football giants wig next week for walking around with our title belt.

Been there done that.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:19 am

fun fact....today the 49ers became the first team in the history of the NFL to throw for 300 yards and rush for 300 yards in the same game.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:32 am

Ludo wrote:
Andrew Luck made some crazy plays down the stretch and Rodgers just didn't answer.

If by Arron Rogers didn't answer you mean the offensive line taking the second half off and the defense giving up 27 points in the last 25 minutes, then you're spot on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:43 am

freakzilla wrote:
WTF happened to the Packers? I went to sleep with them leading 21-3 and woke up to them having lost.

What you missed was some ugly shit by the Packers.

GB got one interception of Luck on their first possession of 2nd half, then let the Colts score on every other possession they had from then on out.

The GB line couldn't stop the Colts from getting to the QB on 4 different drives, stalling them on third down several times and causing endless havoc.

The few drives where they did hold them back only led to one score, there was a 60 yard drive in the third that led to a missed Crosby field goal, a two play passing touchdown to Jones midway through the 4th quarter, and their next and last possession after they let the Colts march down the whole filed and easily score, with 38 seconds left they went 50 yard through the air to set up a field goal that Crosby again missed.

A disgraceful performance on defense to a coach-less, rookie quarterback led team, and an offensive line that couldn't give their best player a chance to do his thing until their last two possessions.

Not a team that looks like it can make it to the post season at all if they are losing to a team like the Colts.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Packers are still a little broken from week 1. They'll get it together once their wounds properly heal.

LOL keep dreaming.

look at the Saints...it took them about 4 games to recover from the hellacious beatdown the Niners gave them in the playoffs last year. Now they are on their way to a W. Packers are due for a run now.

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the Saints' head coach, defensive captain, defensive coordinator, interim head coach, and best defensive lineman all being gone right? No, it surely had to be a game played eight months prior to the regular season starting in which the 49ers won by 4 points in the closing seconds of the game.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:45 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Well, we'll give you a hand splitting the football giants wig next week for walking around with our title belt.

You mean Eli will throw the ball 58 times without an interception again?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 3:01 am

Ludo wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:
Packers are still a little broken from week 1. They'll get it together once their wounds properly heal.

LOL keep dreaming.

look at the Saints...it took them about 4 games to recover from the hellacious beatdown the Niners gave them in the playoffs last year. Now they are on their way to a W. Packers are due for a run now.

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the Saints' head coach, defensive captain, defensive coordinator, interim head coach, and best defensive lineman all being gone right? No, it surely had to be a game played eight months prior to the regular season starting in which the 49ers won by 4 points in the closing seconds of the game.

lol, i'm clearly just messing around when i said that ludo..take it easy.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:05 am

5-0
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:09 am

Yeah, but Niners they arent. 23-17..didnt know the Jets had it in them..of course they werent up against us this week.

just messin
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:59 am

1. Texans 5-0 - Must see TV on offense and defense. What the heck special teams?

2. Falcons 5-0 - Finally living up to the expectations it looks like. How Tony Gonzales is playing 16 years into his NFL campaign is remarkable. Five weeks in and he leads all tight ends in receptions, yards, touchdowns and first downs.

3. 49ers 4-1 - Almost time for them to hop back to number 1 in the league, weather the Falcons and Texans lose or not.

4. Ravens - Flacco takes a step backwards on the path towards eliteness. With so many good players on both sides of the ball that hardly matters.

5. Patriots - New England is looking like they usually do with one exception, they are actually moving the ball on the ground this season.

Vikings, Bears, Giants

I don't think any other back in the league is as fun to watch as Foster week in and week out. There is no other ball carrier I can mention in the same breath as him this season. A few good guys then him way out in front of them.

ESPN couldn't go 5 minutes without shoving Tebow down everyone's throats all last week leading up to today. Their programming is so terrible. I'm glad Sanchez was able to shut up that bs even in a loss.

Only reason Niners are not #1 is because they took a week off against a team nobody should be looking past. 79 to 3 the past two weeks is beastly. Smith played as well as he may ever be able to, he isn't elite, but on Sunday he was the best QB in the league.

Eli is the all time king of comebacks, even if that means coming back to win the first half of a game against the Browns.

The Eagles finally saw a result fitting of their multitude of errors, even though they actually played pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:42 am

i'm wondering if QB stats are more important than wins to some QB's/coaches.

i was at the skins/falcons game on sunday and the falcons basically abandoned the running game after ryan got intercepted until he'd thrown for a couple of TD's and got his QB rating back up, then they started handing the ball off again after two quarters.

what the fuck carolina are even trying to do also eludes me. they sign williams to a big extension last year and stewart to a big extension this year but make absolutely no effort to use either of them. are they trying first and foremost to get stats for newton?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:39 pm

I think Dallas and Green Bay both pull off upsets today.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:43 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I think Dallas and Green Bay both pull off upsets today.

Don't you dare talk about the Packers beating the Texans. We're going undefeated all year, all playoffs.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:05 pm

matt Ryan is having big troubles today already with 3 picks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:31 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
matt Ryan is having big troubles today already with 3 picks.

It's because I cursed him. Put $50 on Atlanta and Arizona to win and over 43.5 points in the Jets-Colts game and the Cin-Cle game.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:10 pm

looks like we got a game in san fran
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:24 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Lets like the Giants are taking to to the 9ers.

3 picks, 0 TDs for the great Smith.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:54 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
i lol'd at "this convo is for ELITE QB's only" and then Joe Flacco says "Sup"

I guess Alex Smith was too busy winning games and not throwing INT's while maintaining a exceptional passer rating when this conversation was going on.

KingsOwn19 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Niners played about as bad as they could possibly play. Giants were definitely on their game from the second quarter on. Final score does not mean much to me nor does the uncharacteristic play on offense with turnovers, poor protection, and shitty play calling and all as it won't happen often. What worries me in the long run with potential matchups with the Giants is how poorly our secondary does with their recievers. That is three games where we have just been smoked by Cruz and typically Nicks as well. All the other shit which led to the game getting out of hand was kind of an aberration and was more how poorly the Niners played all around on offense. Giants defense is solid, but if the Niners were just fucking up left and right.

What killed me in this game was when the Niners had good drives, almost all of them were stalled by a failed trick play involving Kaepernick. It was cute at first, but the offense was doing very well in the first quarter and Harbaugh and Roman simply outsmarted themselves and snapped the rythm of the offense which was good in the first quarter.

Akers missing those 2 field goals were a huge back breaker as well.

Also a little confused about the Niners special teams play on kick off returns and defending them as well. Those were very strong points last year but they have been rather mediocre this season.

Not worried about it. Was just hard to watch. Seahawks are riding high...a win over them in a few days will help us put this game behind us very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:03 pm

This goes back to what I said about Smith not being elite. As a game manager he usually does a very efficient job. But when it comes to putting the team on his back he is mostly disappointing with a few flashes of brilliance. This 49ers team is not built for overcoming deficits as much as it is holding them. Forcing opponents to try and make plays through the air is where that team excels, but when the tables are turned things can become very sloppy.

I get the feeling these guys have started believing their own hype. Hearing how great a defensive unit they are may have gotten into their heads and they seemingly didn't have a chip on their shoulder from the playoffs last year like they should have. Getting gouged both through the air and on the ground coupled with the turnovers led to a complete implosion by the end.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:14 pm

I understand Ludo, i always tried to phrase my Alex Smith is an elite quarterback talk as lightly as possible. I never meant for anybody to seriously think i put him up there with guys like Eli, Brady, Brees, etc.

Just trying to put it out there that Smith is a good quarterback and he's also better than a game manager. He was awful today, but this is the first game in about 2 years where i can say "wow, Smith sucked"...but this is the first game in about 2 years where you can say that about a lot of things about the Niners today. It was just an overall nightmare performance by them.

but overall i agree with your assessment. Niners are not built as a team who can usually afford to fall behind by two or more possessions nor can they afford to turn it over a lot...but thats not to say they can't get it done if that happen and Alex Smith has led a couple of them. Mostly notably the games vs. Philly, Detroit, and New Orleans last season. It's not an ideal situation for them, but nobody wins at a high percentage when they fall behind by two or more touchdowns. We just couldnt get anything going today.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:18 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

looks like I was wrong
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:15 pm

the texans better start kicking ass .. this could get out of hand pretty fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Fuck you Arizona, I was close on the Dallas pick but my Green Bay pick looks good right now.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Fuck you Arizona, I was close on the Dallas pick but my Green Bay pick looks good right now.

The refs aren't doing the Texans any favors. Should have held them to a FG twice on this drive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 NFL Discussion   2013 NFL Discussion - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 NFL Discussion
Page 11 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next