Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)

Go down 
+9
GDPofDRC
Bigs03
OU
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
Ludo
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) Empty
PostSubject: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Boom!

http://www.ufc.com/news/Guida-Maynard-Franklin-Le-Bouts

Two compelling matchups will get the Summer of 2012 off to a rousing start as the June 22nd UFC on FX event will see a five round lightweight main event battle between Clay Guida and Gray Maynard, and UFC 148 on July 7th will feature a middleweight showdown between former champion Rich Franklin and striking standout Cung Le. Both bouts have been verbally agreed to, and more information on both cards will be announced shortly.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Maynard and Cung
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 7:30 pm

I like Franklin over Le. He just takes too good of care of himself. Le will gas and Franklin will win an easy decision on finish him late.

I'm very interested to see how Maynard does with a new camp. For some odd reason I think Guida will wrestle hump him to a decision.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Maynard and Franklin. 2 easy fights to call IMO
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Maynard, even without Xtreme Couture wrestlefucks the shit out of Guida. It's going to look alot like Guida/Bendo in My opinion. Gray is too good at imposing himself on other fighters. Franklin is too well rounded for Le, he'll find a way to close the distance and work Le over either in the clinch or on the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Ace by highlight reel KO.

Maynard vs. Guida zzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Ace looks like piss lately and technical traditional martial artists have always fucked his life up. Liddell was tearing him a new asshole until his chin failed. Vitor murdered him. Machida, Anderson. Even Wand, who is a brawler and past his best, nearly knocked his head off and did more damage to Franklin than Franklin did to him.

Le should pick him apart to a dec. and maybe finish. I understand the skepticism with Le because he started fighting MMA late into his combat sports career and is older, but he is a master striker. If Franklin wins, he turns the tide late and grinds out a TKO on a gassed Le. Le's two losses ever were to power strikers with brawling styles. Franklin don't run that game. He is a technical striker who isn't actually that technical. He does have a size advantage though. And Le's age, but generally this is a nightmare match up for Franklin.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:23 pm

taking Maynard and Franklin, Rich can survive Les standup mainly because Le hasn't been using the clinch game in a long time. I think that Franklin is tough enough to stand up to Le and bully him kind of like how Wandy did.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Cung's gas tank is a huge question and I have large questions about his ability to keep fighting on after getting punched in the face. He has no chance to finish Ace and Franklin will for sure be the fresher fighter as things wear on. Franklin all day long
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:14 am

good analysis and I gotta agree bobbin
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:33 am

LOL at anyone thinking Cung has the slightest chance here. It will be pure domination.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:45 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ace looks like piss lately and technical traditional martial artists have always fucked his life up. Liddell was tearing him a new asshole until his chin failed. Vitor murdered him. Machida, Anderson. Even Wand, who is a brawler and past his best, nearly knocked his head off and did more damage to Franklin than Franklin did to him.

Le should pick him apart to a dec. and maybe finish. I understand the skepticism with Le because he started fighting MMA late into his combat sports career and is older, but he is a master striker. If Franklin wins, he turns the tide late and grinds out a TKO on a gassed Le. Le's two losses ever were to power strikers with brawling styles. Franklin don't run that game. He is a technical striker who isn't actually that technical. He does have a size advantage though. And Le's age, but generally this is a nightmare match up for Franklin.

So Ace looks like piss because a much larger Forrest was able to control 2 rounds? Cung has never even came close beating anyone even close to the level of Ace in his career. Vitor murdered Ace? If you watch that fight you will see that Vitor lands a punch behind the ear that rattles Ace the same way Brock landed on Randy. It was just a punch landing in the wrong spot. There was no kind of domination up to that point. Wandy nearly knocked of Ace's head as you said but he DID knock off Cung's. The Wand that knocked off Cung's head was inferior to the Wand that almost hurt Ace. This might be fun while it last but it won't be competitive. Ace is taking a step down in competition while Cung is taking a step up.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 am

I don't know, I'm kinda thinking Cung will dominate Rich until he either gets taken down or gasses out. Cung is as technical of a striker as they come and while Rich has accurate punches and kicks...he won't get them off as quickly as Cung or as powerfully. I could see Cung finishing Rich with a well placed kick and I could also see Cung stealing the first two rounds before getting dominated in the 3rd and winning a decision.

I can't stand Guida and I think Maynard is someone who can handle his humping style pretty well. If Gray can utilize his wrestling and takedowns FIRST I think he will win this fight. The last place anyone wants to be is under Guida. He will violate any opponent from that position and for some ridiculous reason, judges award him for his abillity to hump opponents while inflicting 0 damage for 3 rounds.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:41 am

I'll give anyone insane odds on this fight. I'd be willing to bet anyone 10 to 1 on this fight. Ace will probably be too big of a favorite to make it worth it but I'd be willing to put up $1,000 on this if the odds aren't shit. Most confident I have ever been about a fight EVER. Less then 1% chance Cung isn't completely outclassed and dominated.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:48 am

OU wrote:
I'll give anyone insane odds on this fight. I'd be willing to bet anyone 10 to 1 on this fight. Ace will probably be too big of a favorite to make it worth it but I'd be willing to put up $1,000 on this if the odds aren't shit. Most confident I have ever been about a fight EVER. Less then 1% chance Cung isn't completely outclassed and dominated.

You are aware that Cung Le is a world class striker, correct?

Admittedly, I am a Rich Franklin hater...but I'm not Cung Le fan either. I just can't see Franklin out-striking Cung Le.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:53 am

Bigs03 wrote:
OU wrote:

Admittedly, I am a Rich Franklin hater...but I'm not Cung Le fan either. I just can't see Franklin out-striking Cung Le.
A world class striker that got his lights turned out by Wand and Scott Smith and hasn't been in the cage with anyone on the level of Ace. Cung doesn't hit hard as the guys that have put Ace away. Ace does hit as hard as the guys putting Cung away. It's going to be complete domination. Cung has struggled with guys not even on Ace's level. Ace still has a good enough chin, enough power and just far too much skill for Cung to be any threat.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:58 am

OU wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
OU wrote:

A world class striker that got his lights turned out by Wand and Scott Smith and hasn't been in the cage with anyone on the level of Ace. Cung doesn't hit hard as the guys that have put Ace away. Ace does hit as hard as the guys putting Cung away. It's going to be complete domination. Cung has struggled with guys not even on Ace's level. Ace still has a good enough chin, enough power and just far too much skill for Cung to be any threat.

Cung proved that Scott Smith's win in their first fight was a fluke. The one thing Scott Smith has is heavy hands and he landed one on Cung. I know Franklin is skilled, but are you saying that Cung isn't skilled? This dude is super skilled at striking...like K-1 level striking. Rich has decent striking as far as MMA guys go, but Cung Le has excellent striking when compared with anyone's standards.

We'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:07 am

Cung's chin and cardio are not flukes, they are very real. Also he doesn't hold a single win over a fighter that could hold Ace's jock. They aren't going to look like they belong in the cage together. It's going to be complete domination.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Rick Frankin, Grey Maynard both via decision.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:59 pm

If Ace goes the distance with Cung I will declare him to be overrated all time and he instantly goes to my most hated list.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:47 pm

OU wrote:
If Ace goes the distance with Cung I will declare him to be overrated all time and he instantly goes to my most hated list.

What if Cung finishes him?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Scott Smith's corpse fights for a total of 5 rounds against Cung, but he's gonna finish Rich?

Get outtaaaaaaaa here
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
OU wrote:

I'll kill everyone.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:59 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Scott Smith's corpse fights for a total of 5 rounds against Cung, but he's gonna finish Rich?

Get outtaaaaaaaa here

Scott Smith has a good chin and Cung was gassed at the end of the first fight. Before Cung was gassed, he picked Smith apart with ease.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:30 pm

OU wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
OU wrote:

I'll kill everyone.

hahahah this made me lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)   Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148) Empty

Back to top Go down

Maynard v Guida(FX) & Franklin v Le(148)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next