Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pettis vs Guida

Go down 
+6
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
OU
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who you got?
Clay Guida
Pettis vs Guida Vote_lcap23%Pettis vs Guida Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Anthony Pettis
Pettis vs Guida Vote_lcap77%Pettis vs Guida Vote_rcap
 77% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:10 am

TUF Finale main event this Saturday. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:54 am

Guida has that cagey veteran thing going for him but experienced or not Pettis is too fast, too athletic and too damn talented.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:29 am

Stylistically this is a very bad match up for Showtime. Guida is a wrestler that will walk through some big big shots to get the takedown. I'm not so sure Pettis has faced anyone with the MMA wrestling that Guida has. That said I still pick Pettis. The guy is a rising star. I still can't wait to see him fight Edgar title shot or not.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:40 am

I'm picking Guida but rooting for Pettis, but I might fold and pick Pettis in the pickem. Should be a good fight. I'll make this the front page poll.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:42 am

i think im going with Pettis, IMO, Bendo is as good a wrestler as Guida
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:06 am

I really, really, really want Pettis to win. That said, I'm leaning Guida in a close decision with top control and staying out of subs
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:08 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I really, really, really want Pettis to win. That said, I'm leaning Guida in a close decision with top control and staying out of subs

I agree. I want to pick Pettis. But I really think Guida just grinds on him for the UD.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:25 am

killerofchicken wrote:

This! Bendo and Guida are almost a mirror image from what I have seen of them. I think Guida pushes the pace a bit more though. He needs to keep the pace the whole fight if he wants a shot.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:33 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

This! Bendo and Guida are almost a mirror image from what I have seen of them. I think Guida pushes the pace a bit more though. He needs to keep the pace the whole fight if he wants a shot.

I don't see Bendo and Guida as mirror images. They have some similarities but they bring different styles. I think Guida pushes the pace more and is more in your face. I think Bendo is a little more explosive but doesn't maintain that constant pressure like Guida.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:02 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

I don't see Bendo and Guida as mirror images. They have some similarities but they bring different styles. I think Guida pushes the pace more and is more in your face. I think Bendo is a little more explosive but doesn't maintain that constant pressure like Guida.

So yeah, basically just what I said.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:07 am

I don't think they are anywhere near "mirror images". They just both have gas tanks and good grappling. I think Bendo is a better overall fighter then Guida but because of the style of Guida I'm picking him to win this fight. I think a matchup with Guida is very different from a matchup with Bendo.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:40 am

Guida aka iron chin via close decision
Back to top Go down

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:42 am

They should have made Pettis defend his WEC title and made this a 5 rounder.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:56 am

freakzilla wrote:
They should have made Pettis defend his WEC title and made this a 5 rounder.

I disagree. You can't defend a title unless you are under that banner. Even though it is Zuffa the WEC is not the UFC. It would have been like Jake defending his SF belt in the UFC against Kamp.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:15 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

I will agree to disagree. I think they are very similar. Guida just pushes the pace more and has lighter skin tone and belches louder. Everything else is similar imo. Even the hair.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:23 pm

I think Bendo is better than Guida...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:27 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
I think Bendo is better than Guida...

Me too, but because of the matchup I think Guida has a good chance to win this fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Pettis has beaten a boatload of good LW wrestlers. Castillo in the WEC who is now a UFC fighter with a win over Joe Stevenson, Shane Roller and Ben Henderson. And all of these fighters have proven themselves UFC worthy with wins over long time UFC LW's. Guida will struggle to get him down and will have no answer for the speed of Pettis.

Pettis will dominate him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Pettis has beaten a boatload of good LW wrestlers. Castillo in the WEC who is now a UFC fighter with a win over Joe Stevenson, Shane Roller and Ben Henderson. And all of these fighters have proven themselves UFC worthy with wins over long time UFC LW's. Guida will struggle to get him down and will have no answer for the speed of Pettis.

Pettis will dominate him.

You sure do jump on what is hot at the moment. I can guarantee you he won't dominate. Noob.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:08 pm

Clay Guida aint bringing shit that Pettis won't have an answer to. Match ups baby, match ups.

Also, what is hot is to pick Guida across the sport in general it seems.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Clay Guida aint bringing shit that Pettis won't have an answer to. Match ups baby, match ups.

Also, what is hot is to pick Guida across the sport in general it seems.

Really? Because Pettis is the hot fighter here, not Guida. It's a tough fight to call. I will be shocked if either man is dominated by the other. If either fighter even wins all 3 rounds I will be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Pettis' takedown defense is really solid though. Guida relies on cage humping and takedowns and I don't think that will play with Showtime who will shrug him off and create distance. When fighting from range, Guida is a marked man in this fight. Bad match up for Clay here.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Pettis' takedown defense is really solid though. Guida relies on cage humping and takedowns and I don't think that will play with Showtime who will shrug him off and create distance. When fighting from range, Guida is a marked man in this fight. Bad match up for Clay here.

Guida has a great chin and doesn't just go for a takedown he will grind up against you. We have seen a number of guys win rounds recently by just pushing their opponent against the cage. I don't think Pettis can hurt Guida and he will be right there pushing the entire time. It will be a handful and I don't see how Pettis will dominate. Even if he stuffs the takedown I think Guida will still have Pettis pushed against the cage for atleast a portion of the fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:31 pm

You don't think Pettis can hurt Guida?

Diego Sanchez fucked Guida's life up in that first round if you recall. Guida can be hurt, rocked, and stopped like anyone else brotha. Pettis is much more athletic and explosive and kicks like a mule.

I don't think that the wrestlefuck game plan is going to play here. Not on no Showtime. Guida isn't a significantly better wrestler or MMA grappler than Roller or Bendo. Matter of fact Guida's stock right now is as high as it has ever been with that Gomi win. It's too high. Pettis is a contender. Guida is a gate keeper. People are confusing Guida with a contender at the moment. I love me some Clay but he is bouts to get next leveled here.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
You don't think Pettis can hurt Guida?

Diego Sanchez fucked Guida's life up in that first round if you recall. Guida can be hurt, rocked, and stopped like anyone else brotha. Pettis is much more athletic and explosive and kicks like a mule.

I don't think that the wrestlefuck game plan is going to play here. Not on no Showtime. Guida isn't a significantly better wrestler or MMA grappler than Roller or Bendo. Matter of fact Guida's stock right now is as high as it has ever been with that Gomi win. It's too high. Pettis is a contender. Guida is a gate keeper. People are confusing Guida with a contender at the moment. I love me some Clay but he is bouts to get next leveled here.

That was a square kick to the head that would have killed most men but Guida was back to his senses before Diego even got both feet on the ground. I'm not saying Pettis isn't the more talented fighter. I also said I think Bendo is better then Guida. However like I said Guida isn't the same as Bendo or Roller. He just presents a different style. You can't use MMAth here. I don't think you even really beleive that Pettis will dominate this fight. You have a little Skip Bayless in you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pettis vs Guida Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pettis vs Guida   Pettis vs Guida Empty

Back to top Go down

Pettis vs Guida
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next