Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The NFL Draft/FA/trades

Go down 
+8
Bigs03
cheekynffc
MMAEYES
OU
timthebim
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
NoRegret
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:52 am

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ou, where is Ryan broyles expected to go? I wouldn't mind the texans spending a 6th round pick on him. He could be a nice slot wr.
He should be a 2nd rounder. Early to middle is the projection. He would be a great fit on a team like the Texans. He is a good dude, a good teammate. Kenny Stills at OU right now might have more overall talent but he is a complete d-bag and egomaniac.
No way he even sniffs the second round.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:55 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Ou, where is Ryan broyles expected to go? I wouldn't mind the texans spending a 6th round pick on him. He could be a nice slot wr.
He should be a 2nd rounder. Early to middle is the projection. He would be a great fit on a team like the Texans. He is a good dude, a good teammate. Kenny Stills at OU right now might have more overall talent but he is a complete d-bag and egomaniac.
Yeah it is a deep WR draft and with RR from LSU still out there, you could be right. I still say he goes late 2nd. I'll put the odds above 50-50 on that. I guarantee he interviewed better then the remaining WR.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:58 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
If you weren't getting Blackmon or Floyd then there was no reason to go wr in the first round. This is an extremely deep draft for #2 type wrs like randle, hill, wright, Jeffery, sanu, Quick, Jenkins, and I'm sure I'm missing a few.
Famer, could you honestly say you want Tennihill as your pro QB? No way in hell I'd take a chance on that guy with a 1st round pick. He is a stretch for a 3rd rounder. Not saying Landry is even close to a lock, I think he will be overvalued as well. But I think Jones is a much more promising pro player. It's not that Tennihill can't be a productive NFL QB. I just think it would be better for his career if he got to sit for 2 years before starting. But he is smart and a great athlete. So I guess I see the "potential". But I doubt you would want him on your Texans.

The texans have a starting qb. The dolphins don't. Tannehill has all the tools. He's got the size, arm, athletic ability, and ontop of that he's running the same pro system he ran in college in the pros. He needs to work on his judgement and that should come with more experience at the position. I would take him over all the qbs that went in the first and 2nd last year minus cam.
He worked in a pro system but he didn't get a whole lot of starts. The dude is a flat out football player with the smarts and physical tools. I just think he could have a much more productive career if he had time to learn before being thrown out there. Still a bit raw but he has all the ideal traits you like to see. I just hate when guys get thrown out too early when they have so much potential.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:13 am

Rams have 3 picks in the 2nd round today. They are expected to take up to 2 WR with those picks. Might be stretching it at 13 pick in round 2. But Broyles and Bradford both grew up around the same area and practiced together for years and years and have great chemistry.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:16 am

Colt McCoy looks like he is on his way to Packers.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
If you weren't getting Blackmon or Floyd then there was no reason to go wr in the first round. This is an extremely deep draft for #2 type wrs like randle, hill, wright, Jeffery, sanu, Quick, Jenkins, and I'm sure I'm missing a few.

randle and sanu would be my preferences from what i know but it looks like theres a good chance either one of martin, glenn or massie will be available on the OL or one of upshaw, branch or curry at DE.

i suspect we'll fill those needs first so hopefully sanu will still be available with our back to back picks early in the 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 3:16 pm

OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Yeah it is a deep WR draft and with RR from LSU still out there, you could be right. I still say he goes late 2nd. I'll put the odds above 50-50 on that. I guarantee he interviewed better then the remaining WR.

I say late 3rd but I wouldn't be shocked if it was 4th or later.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:48 pm

OU wrote:
Yo Josh. How do you feel about the recent Samuels trade and last night's pick for the Eagles? I got to say as a Cowboys fan, I'm happy with it.

I'm not sweating it, Cox is a BEAST. Samuels will be missed but I knew it was coming he's on the decline. Only thing that sucks is he is one of my Fatheads along with Kolb LOL.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:51 pm

Dolphins went with Jonathan Martin. Guess they don't want another WR this round. Gotta keep Tanny clean though.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Wow Broyles went 54th. Good call OU. Very productive in college, but with the injury and size I thought he was going to faaaaaalllllllllllllll.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:26 pm

martin looks good value but i'm frankly astonished that we still haven't made any effort to egt a WR.

5 tight ends on the roster but not a single receiver that would start on any other NFL team. There had better be a future hall of famer in the top 5 next year because that's where we'll be picking.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Egnew might as well be a WR. He's nothing but a pass catcher.

Texans got their WR and G, but not sure I saw them coming. Would have preferred Sanu or Randle before the trade.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:55 pm

Texans pick up a C (hopefully he can play G too), WR (small slot guy. Texans don't have anyone like him), and a DE (Crick is a big name from Neb). They are addressing all their needs. Just need a few to pan out.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:28 am

MEEEEEE
The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 Bilde?Site=CB&Date=20120426&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=204260437&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&New-England-Patriots-pick-U-E-s-Chandler-Jones-first-round
The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 Picture
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
OU wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
I know you gave me props but I'll still highlight this. Record setting college career, character guy, smart guy. I'm sure he stood out in the interview process and that helped him here.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:52 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7877329/jabar-gaffney-says-released-washington-redskins
Quote :
I am not interested in going from being their leading receiver to being third-string, and having my number taken from me. That is pretty much telling me that I am not going to be making the team.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Not too thrilled with the Browns draft outside of Richardson. Holmgren knows what he is doing though, so I will once again hold my breath until I see how the picks turn out.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:04 am

NoRegret wrote:
Not too thrilled with the Browns draft outside of Richardson. Holmgren knows what he is doing though, so I will once again hold my breath until I see how the picks turn out.

trust in TJ Ward!!!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:39 pm

TJ Ward is a beast, I own one of his jerseys. lol
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 6:59 pm

NoRegret wrote:
TJ Ward is a beast, I own one of his jerseys. lol

Do you wear it?
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:55 am

i'm struggling to understand why tannehills missus is getting so much attention.

she looks all artificially whitened teeth and sunbed tan to me, i thought birds like her grew on trees in florida.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 am

The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 Img_15871_medium
She's good looking, but I agree getting way too much love. She's going to be in Maxim soon.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:13 am

surely the starting QB at an american university gets his pick of the chicks on campus?

according to wiki, texas a&m had over 50,000 students last year, so i can't help thinking tannehill is batting below .300 here as there must've been at least 5,000 super hot foxes on campus to choose from, hahaha
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:35 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8003562/jacksonville-jaguars-rookie-justin-blackmon-arrested-dui
Jacksonville Jaguars first-round draft pick receiver Justin Blackmon was arrested on an aggravated DUI charge Sunday after authorities in Oklahoma said he had three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system.

The former Oklahoma State star smelled of alcohol when an officer pulled him over shortly after 3 a.m., Stillwater police spokesman Capt. Randy Dickerson said.

Justin Blackmon was already under the microscope. A second DUI arrest will only add to the scrutiny, Paul Kuharsky writes. Blog

Blackmon agreed to take a breathalyzer test and blew a .24 -- three times the legal limit of .08, Dickerson said.

Under Oklahoma law, a driver can be charged with aggravated driving under the influence when a test shows .15 or greater.

The Jaguars drafted Blackmon with the fifth pick in this year's NFL draft in the hopes that he could upgrade the league's worst offense.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:31 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8160426/nfl-supplemental-draft-cleveland-browns-pick-josh-gordon-2nd-round
The Cleveland Browns selected former Baylor wide receiver Josh Gordon in the second round of the supplemental draft on Thursday.
The Browns forfeit their 2013 second-round pick in exchange for picking Gordon, the only player selected in the draft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Draft/FA/trades   The NFL Draft/FA/trades - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The NFL Draft/FA/trades
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next