Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"

Go down 
+10
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
josh200612
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
timthebim
chorky777
Andrew the Raider King
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
On Fedor he has though, flipflopping from his old opinions.

This debate brings us back to a simpler time in MMA.
Or just a reminder of overall ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:30 pm

Look guys. MMA has grown leaps and bounds over the last few years, and while it was growing, his management company was doing everything they could to promote M-1 through him, instead of improving hi ability in an ever-growing sport. You guys act like I am dissing the guy, by saying he wasn't the GOAT. But I keep saying he is currently the greatest HW of all time, and he is. And if all you fucksticks would just accept that Kalib Starnes is the GOAT, we could all get along.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:39 pm

Its easy to write off "those selfish crazy russians" for not joining the rank and file of an American company. But this doesnt account for the fact Russia and the US were in a state of cultural war until Fedor was in grade school.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Most fighters are financially forced to deal with Zuffa. Fedor never had that issue. So while Zuffa has most fighters by the balls, Fedor didn't need Zuffa. All the tricks that work for Zuffa in getting the fighters they want tied up to their brand just didn't work on Fedor.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Your right OU and look at him now. He has probably earned in his fight career, what GSP has earned in his last two fights. And unlike Hendo, did very little to promote the company he is part owner of. Most new fans over the last 12 months have probably heard of Death Clutch, most have never heard of M-1 Global.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Your right OU and look at him now. He has probably earned in his fight career, what GSP has earned in his last two fights. And unlike Hendo, did very little to promote the company he is part owner of. Most new fans over the last 12 months have probably heard of Death Clutch, most have never heard of M-1 Global.
He is a very rich man that has remained loyal to his management and his country. Still respected by his peers and students of the game.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Fedor did very well for himself. He got paid, don't fool yourself by thinking otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Fedor was making GSP last two fights money for his last ten fights. He brought insignificant revenues from Russian distribution of his fights and 3 million per fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedor was making GSP last two fights money for his last ten fights. He brought insignificant revenues from Russian distribution of his fights and 3 million per fight.
I don't think Drew even believes half the shit he types. I think he might be assuming GSP got 20 mil for his last fight or something.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:14 pm

No, GSP earns between 4-5 million per fight. Per his contract with SF, Fedor got paid $350K and the rest went to M-1 Global. Now if they were making a good bonus on the back end, like Wolfy says? Good for them...how much stock does Fedor own?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:22 pm

No, GSP earns between 4-5 million per fight. Per his contract with SF, Fedor got paid $350K and the rest went to M-1 Global. Now if they were making a good bonus on the back end, like Wolfy says? Good for them...how much stock does Fedor own?
Ummm what about the millions they reported he got just for the AA fight alone? If you don't think Fedor has got 1 million + for multiple fights, you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:51 pm

The deal was constructed that way to avoided taxes n stuff. Fedor/m1 also gets all revenue for Russian distribution...untold millions youd believe.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:31 pm

Well I will believe any credible news source. And I am not saying the guy is not worthy to be counted among the best of all time, I already said he was, but there was a lot of BS flying around too, that I didn't believe in.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Well I will believe any credible news source. And I am not saying the guy is not worthy to be counted among the best of all time, I already said he was, but there was a lot of BS flying around too, that I didn't believe in.
Seems to me like the news source you are buying into is owned by Zuffa. The issue of pay is just ignorance, the information is out there. If you think Fedor wasn't making 7 figures for multiple fights, I don't know what to tell you. Why would Dana offer all that money he said he did if Fedor wasn't making bank outside the UFC? Fedor has been payed very well for a long time now.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 7:15 pm

Espn said he was the highest paid fighter of all time back then. Nevermind ESPN just wants to smear the UFC...right drew?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:37 am

I actually think they did a credible story on the UFC and DW overreacted, as usual. And back then I am sure he was the highest paid fighter. And if he is making untold millions in Russian distribution, good for him. I am actually hoping he gets his professional shit together and makes another run at the top. I don't think Lorenzo would be that difficult to deal with as long as they don't say something stupid like co-promotion, because M-1 can't promote shit, and please spare me the overinflated hype like they are just a step down from Bellator or something.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 10:45 am

The millions he has been making isn't a secret, it's not hidden. The information is out there, like I said he was paid very well for his fights for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:50 pm

M-1 is the biggest promoter of the sport in Russia. They aint exactly comparable to Bellator. But no, the UFC shouldn't copromote with them at allll
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3