Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"

Go down 
+10
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
josh200612
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
timthebim
chorky777
Andrew the Raider King
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:38 pm

I personally think that is what they meant. The myth of invincibility and they didnt care enough to make it clear what they meant.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:39 pm

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 Somadm10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:43 pm

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 3637yg
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:44 pm

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 Danakn10
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:47 pm

If Anderson or GSP lose 2 or 3 fights at the end of their careers they must suck too, right?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:16 pm

josh200612 wrote:
"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 3637yg

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 10:58 am

Ninja wrote:
If Anderson or GSP lose 2 or 3 fights at the end of their careers they must suck too, right?

Yeah Ninja, I don't think that is the question. I think the problem some ppl, like myself have with the Fedor thing is Legend building after the demise of Pride. I mean it was like a fucking sideshow at a circus. HMC? Matt Lindland? Sure, there were arguments to be made for and against glAAss joe and Fatboy Sylvia. But then everyone went from paranoid fanboy to fucking insane and started bumping up Grim, just to start pumping oxygen into the 'Myth'. And when that nobody, who had fought no one, who came from the tire center gave Fedor problems in the first round, then got KO'd, you all saw it as validation for pumping Grim up. When Fedor ran into legit top 10 HW fighters in the division? He got the shit kicked out of him. When he fought an actual top 3 LHW? He got KTFO in the first round! Silva and GSP are both fighting top level opponents and have been for sometime, silv is about to retire and GSP is looking at the light at the end of the tunnel now. Fedor? He is a prop stand for M-1 Global. is he the GOAT? Nope. Is he the greatest HW of all time? Yep.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:25 am

Drew bringing the HEAT!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 am

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 How_e911aa_458389
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:28 am

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 U-JELLY-cat_o_132092
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:31 am

[img]"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 Imager GIFSoup[/img]
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Fedor is certainly the most accomplished heavyweight in mma history. I don't consider him the greatest mma fighter ever, but the greatest hw....sure, his record speaks for itself. Everyone knew that he would eventually fall out of his prime and start losing, only the Fedor haters saw that as proof he wasn't that good and the Fedor huggers get too bent out of shape if anyone dare criticize or make a stupid comment about their favorite fighter. I have no problem with Fedor, but his fans seem too much into hero worship to be objective on the subject. I think Goldberg and Rogan were talking about the myth of invincibility, as no one is invincible.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:58 pm

i had no problem with the comment. There was a myth that Fedor was unbeatable. It was not true. No one said he isn't a great fighter.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:01 pm

Two good opinions right there.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Someone find me the part where the words spoken were in reference to him susceptible to loss. All I hear are people saying, "he said this but I think he meant this". How convenient convenience must be.

Take the actual words out of the mouth. "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor". To construe context one way or another doesn't change the message said, which was obviously dumb as shit. So dumb, it's worth pointing out. The message isn't broken down in any way that people want to suggest it is. It is what is said, Fedor was only a myth, right out of the Dana White dictionary, which of course some here have always been eager to suckle up on that without pause. Fact is if you think Fedor is a myth your fucking retarded and should put your helmet back on, no other way around it.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Yeah Ninja, I don't think that is the question. I think the problem some ppl, like myself have with the Fedor thing is Legend building after the demise of Pride. I mean it was like a fucking sideshow at a circus. HMC? Matt Lindland? Sure, there were arguments to be made for and against glAAss joe and Fatboy Sylvia. But then everyone went from paranoid fanboy to fucking insane and started bumping up Grim, just to start pumping oxygen into the 'Myth'. And when that nobody, who had fought no one, who came from the tire center gave Fedor problems in the first round, then got KO'd, you all saw it as validation for pumping Grim up. When Fedor ran into legit top 10 HW fighters in the division? He got the shit kicked out of him. When he fought an actual top 3 LHW? He got KTFO in the first round! Silva and GSP are both fighting top level opponents and have been for sometime, silv is about to retire and GSP is looking at the light at the end of the tunnel now. Fedor? He is a prop stand for M-1 Global. is he the GOAT? Nope. Is he the greatest HW of all time? Yep.

Dude, if either GSP or Silva lost one fight you would be the first guy here to come out and say it's over and they should retire.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Someone find me the part where the words spoken were in reference to him susceptible to loss. All I hear are people saying, "he said this but I think he meant this". How convenient convenience must be.

Take the actual words out of the mouth. "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor". To construe context one way or another doesn't change the message said, which was obviously dumb as shit. So dumb, it's worth pointing out. The message isn't broken down in any way that people want to suggest it is. It is what is said, Fedor was only a myth, right out of the Dana White dictionary, which of course some here have always been eager to suckle up on that without pause. Fact is if you think Fedor is a myth your fucking retarded and should put your helmet back on, no other way around it.

Fedor was not a myth, his squandered ability however, was. Thanks Negger.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:18 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Fedor was not a myth, his squandered ability however, was. Thanks Negger.

Worst Announcer in MMA History wrote:
He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor
And it is basically true. But I was telling you guys that for a while.

Now time to back up again in contradiction by trying to twist the basis of the statement to "people here thought he was immortal and unbeatable"

Saying you would favor him in all matchups at HW in 2009 does not constitute mythical status. It was well warranted.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 1:20 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Dude, if either GSP or Silva lost one fight you would be the first guy here to come out and say it's over and they should retire.

It depends on how they lost. I mean it was pretty obvious with Chuck. Kenflo, less so, because he is still competitive, but has a future doing something other than crawling in the cage another time. Even I, an admitted Kenny homer, know he is not going to win a title and he is now past his prime. Randy Couture, was a more difficult and personal thing, because he is Captain America and one of the great faces of the sport. Same as Silva and GSP. 5 years ago, Fedor wuld have been, but he got stupid and complacent.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Squandered ability? He ruled for 7 undefeated years. Such an underachiever...
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Squandered ability? He ruled for 7 undefeated years. Such an underachiever...
Yeah but it was in the "minor circuit". Also he did have the right name on his gloves, without that important detail you cannot call yourself a pro. The best you can hope to be is king of the cans.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Joe has slowly migrated close to the UFC official stance over the last two years.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:54 pm

I wouldn't go that far. He certainly gives non-UFC fighters their props on his podcast all the time when they are discussing MMA
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah he atleast still acknowledges that talent exists outside of Zuffa.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:58 pm

On Fedor he has though, flipflopping from his old opinions.

This debate brings us back to a simpler time in MMA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"   "He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"He destroyed the Myth that was Fedor"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next