Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3

Go down 
+8
SOKO
captain organic
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
Cu Bu
Andrew the Raider King
OU
bobbitt15
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 Empty
PostSubject: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:05 am

via ufc twitter

Main card fight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 am

Good match making right there. HW action. I'm down.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:27 am

Now I'm positive they will go to the 4 fight format they intended.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 am

Nice!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:35 am

I lean HD in any striker vs striker matchup. Lavar has to get him early IMO
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

berry all day, lavar is punching underwater
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:41 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Well Lavar has shown a good chin. So his combo of chin and power could be enough to win this. Also I would have taken SDR if he never got injured to straight smash Pat Barry.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:51 am

I like it. Berry should win, but this is a slight Kongo factor mixed if Barry rushes in.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:43 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:17 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Well Lavar has shown a good chin. So his combo of chin and power could be enough to win this. Also I would have taken SDR if he never got injured to straight smash Pat Barry.

And Lavar is the taller longer fighter and has a nice jab.

Not sure Im picking him, but he has some things in his favor.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Lavar has some cardio issues as well and is one dimensional on the feet with only the hands. Plus with no threat of the takedown this is the perfect opponent for Barry to tee off on the legs
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:37 pm

still a scary fight for barry cause lavar hits like a bus. Beltran had a hendo like chin so this is a fight for barry. He needs to keep his distance and work the legs and when lavar tires go for broke.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:40 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Called This 1.5*I said = https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t16874-ufc-on-fox-3-who-do-you-book#288741 and https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/t16845-who-should-they-fight-next-fox-2#288411

How did Barry do vs beltran? I'll take Johnson.

How long ago was that? Barry has grown as a fighter.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:43 pm

It was 12 months ago. I think he still looks and fights shitty.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:48 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:

Thought it was longer ago, but is still before he joined Deathclutch and worked on his wrestling, clinch, and grappling.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Somewhere I don't see the fight going, but I'd go AKA and working with their wrestlers over Deathclutch if it was about that.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Thought it was longer ago, but is still before he joined Deathclutch and worked on his wrestling, clinch, and grappling.

Barry is going to use his wrestling in this fight? Im with GDP. Doubt it.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Lavar
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 pm

love the fight, great matchmaking. 2 very entertaining fights set for the 3rd fox event. if Johnson can land early he can take it but if the fight gets in the later rounds ill take Berry
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:41 pm

UFC putting out some old fights to help hype this matchup up.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/30/2989032/ufc-on-fox-3-full-fight-videos-pat-barry-vs-moorecraft-lavar-johson
[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Good bout. Toss up.

Hope Lavar wins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 pm

Lavar's weakness seems to be submissions and I can't really see Barry attempting any.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 pm

Lavar gets gassed after 5 minutes as well..but he was a lot more conservative and picking his shots vs. Beltran..so maybe that will help him last longer, but even when he's incredibly gassed, he's still dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:02 pm

doesn no one think johsnon is too plodding to get barry in trouble?

I think if barry goes out throws kicks stays moving he cruises, but i also think the guy can find a way to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory and I hear he was on radio a few weeks back saying lavar is the shit and just crazy good. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:56 pm

Pat Barry is going to clown down on this fool. I like Big don't get me wrong, but Barry is a much more technical striker with a much better gas tank and versatile attack.

Barry will pick his shots with big over hands that keep his head out of the way, leg kick the fuck out this dude, counter fight and look to tire him out. He knocks him out early with a big shot from the outside, or later after Johnson tires and has nothing left on his punches, allowing Barry to open up more combinations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3   Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lavar Johnson vs Pat Barry added to UFC Fox 3
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next