Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?

Go down 
+5
Andrew the Raider King
OU
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? Empty
PostSubject: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:21 pm

UFC on Fox 3 - Miller vs. Diaz
May 5, 2012
IZOD Center, East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States

So far we have Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller. Based on who do and do not currently have fights booked, what other two fights would you book for this event?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:24 pm

Dragon vs. Hendo as the maaiin event of the evening
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Hendo vs Forrest (if healthy)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Cain Velasquez vs Frank Mir
Michael Bisping vs Mark Munoz
Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:42 pm

That is what I was thinking too. Machida vs Hendo would be good. With Jones vs Evans slated for UFC 145, there seems to be few good options even this many months out. Maybe even throw Tito that last bone against Forrest, Shogun or Thiago Silva. It would be ugly potentially but the positives from it could be equally advantageous. I would prefer it if it was against one of the mentioned Brazilians though, but do you even put Murdaface on FOX?....

Maybe it's HW knockout time for FOX. That would be a gamble if the HW's gassed and no one got knocked out. UFC's HW sideline of fighters not currently booked includes Lavar Johnson, Pat Barry, Matt Mitrione, Gabriel Gonzaga, Frank Mir, and Cain Velasquez among others. Cain vs Mir is a legit viable sell but is could be a turn off because Cain was finished soon and seen by a lot of people and Mir was beaten up on the most seen PPV in MAA history, you know how newbs think. Any of the four other mentioned HWs could make an intriguing opening bout though.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:42 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

No seriously, who would you book?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:49 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

That is the fight to book.

Think about it. There will be action, a good shot at a KO, and Forrest has a big following. No one wants to watch Machida's karate action outpoint Hendo and ruin a big future match up that Hendo has already earned.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Munoz vs Bisping is another fight I think would work if Munoz is healed up right by then. But at the same time I don't like the idea of putting Bisping himself back on FOX so soon. With a former champion like Cain who is still even after losing a top top contender, I think you can, but not Bisping, spread the fighters, get someone else the opportunity to showcase their, talent. What has Alan Belchar been up to these days? Him vs someone like Munoz might be better, or maybe the winner of Bostech vs Okami fighting either of them would make a good opening match.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Think about it. There will be action, a good shot at a KO, and Forrest has a big following. No one wants to watch Machida's karate action outpoint Hendo and ruin a big future match up that Hendo has already earned.

So you wanna book the guy you think won't win, in fact has a good chance of getting squashed, against a Hendo over someone you think could beat him? Really? I think most people would prefer the better fight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:56 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

So you wanna book the guy you think won't win, in fact has a good chance of getting squashed, against a Hendo over someone you think could beat him? Really? I think most people would prefer the better fight.

Hendo is on a role, but Forrest is more than capable of beating him. Check the rankings. Forrest is in the top 10 in 90% of them. He's got size, is well rounded, and a gas tank to beat Hendo late in a 5 rounder. Hendo however is a clear favorite, just like Sonnen was over Bisping.

Forrest is always game and always puts on a good fight. It would crush Machida vs Hendo in ratings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:57 pm

No thanks to Hendo vs Machida. If Hendo losses then who gets the next title shot?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:59 pm

freakzilla wrote:
No thanks to Hendo vs Machida. If Hendo losses then who gets the next title shot?

Exactly. Jones would take a break and coach TUF or maybe move up to HW just for fun.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:00 pm

freakzilla wrote:

It's already been established that Hendo is not fighting Jon Jones or Anderson Silva next, their opponents have been named. His only chance a title shot in the near future is an interim match if one of the two mentioned gets injured and I doubt he and Cheal would oblige.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:03 pm

Is Forrest ranked higher than Machida in these rankings you speak of, does he deserve to be?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:05 pm

in the last four years all of his losses came by him getting knocked the fuck out. All his wins came off score cards, the only good one over Franklin who might be more shot than Forrest himself. His Championship tenure is probably the most debated and controversial in the history of the division.

Machida's last three wins, all by KO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 pm

I think Hendo is just going to wait for the Jones-Evans winner. He already said no to Lil Nog so I can't see him fighting Forrest.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:09 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I think Hendo is just going to wait for the Jones-Evans winner. He already said no to Lil Nog so I can't see him fighting Forrest.

That was before the Shad-Davis fight.

If Davis would have won or Shad got hurt in the fight then Hendo would have been given the shot.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:10 pm

I could see him taking a main event fight with Machida. I cannot see Griffin in the main event of anything better then an FX Card.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

That was before the Shad-Davis fight.

If Davis would have won or Shad got hurt in the fight then Hendo would have been given the shot.

Evans might be hurt. There was talk about messed up hands, but only talk so far.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I could see him taking a main event fight with Machida. I cannot see Griffin in the main event of anything better then an FX Card.

They just had Phil Davis in the main event. Forrest could easily be a main event. He has headlined 2 cards and has been to co main in 8 other PPVs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Forrest's days in the main event are long gone.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

They just had Phil Davis in the main event. Forrest could easily be a main event. He has headlined 2 cards and has been to co main in 8 other PPVs.

Number one contender match, Forrest is no where near a number one contender match right now where Machida is still upper escalon.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:32 pm

I think they will have 4 fights on this card, that suppose to be the deal. Why not have Chuck vs Tito? Chuck even recently told Dana he still wants to whoop Tito's ass.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Forrest get squashed like a bug in his last outing? He has stated he is on the decline and at this point fighting for $$$, so have him fight Tito at UFC on Fox 3, which is clearly the match they both want.

Hendo vs Dragon? The what if question is legit. If Machida wins, having recently been throttled by JBJ, he has thrown off Hendo as a potential contender. But Machida vs Rua III, both coming off tough losses might be an easy sell. Hendo vs Lil Nog, might be a little mean to Hendo, but it gives him an opportunity to stay on track and make money, and even if Lil Nog wins, it puts him back in the running for a title shot.

So if I was running the show and according to you guys, I am:

Miller vs Diaz
Griffin vs Tito - Loser leaves town match
Hendo vs Lil Nog as the main event.

I can save Rua vs Machida 3 for something special in Brazil in June.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:53 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Number one contender match, Forrest is no where near a number one contender match right now where Machida is still upper escalon.

Who says its a number one contender match? Its a match to entertain and keep Hendo active. Last I checked Machida just lost to Bones and has lost 3 out of his last 4 (could easily be 4/5 with the BS Shogun decision) and his only win was versus old man Couture who has no chin left. BE has Forrest ranked 8th and Machida ranked 6th. Machida is no more upper echelon than Forrest at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next