Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?

Go down 
+5
Andrew the Raider King
OU
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Forrest has been getting his ass handed to him lately no need for him to be embarrassed on national television. Let him stick to the new guys for now.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:42 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Forrest has been getting his ass handed to him lately no need for him to be embarrassed on national television. Let him stick to the new guys for now.

If lately means his last fight and his last fight only, disregarding the two he won and looked good in before that then i agree..otherwise your post sucks.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:47 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
josh200612 wrote:

If lately means his last fight and his last fight only, disregarding the two he won and looked good in before that then i agree..otherwise your post sucks.

He has looked ugly and sloppy in his last five fights Hendo would crush him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:23 am

No wrestlers !
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:41 am

I'm pretty sure there was only 3 fights on this last FOX because that's just how things fell. Just weeks leading up to the card being official Dana was still saying there would be 4 fights on FOX. I think they still go to 4 fights. So now that I'm not using my phone I'll give my 4. Ellenberger-Sanchez is in a couple weeks so the winner could be ready for May 5th, I'll just assume they are.

Hendricks vs Ellenberger(he will beat Diego) for #1 contender
Diaz vs Miller
Chuck vs Tito
Dunham vs Barboza
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 am

OU! That was awesome in Dunham vs Barboza. I didn't even think of that. And I apologize guys. I forgot Hendo turned down Lil Nog.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:05 am

Dennis Hallman vs. Tony Ferguson added to UFC on FOX 3 in New Jersey
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 am

That won't be on the main card. but just to be an A-hole, Hallman whouls wear the banana sling shorts again...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:00 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/31/2760411/ufc-forrest-griffin-tito-ortiz-fight-2012
With Tito looking for one last UFC fight before calling it a career, he took to "Inside MMA" to issue the challenge:

"Forrest, you know I deserve it, man. Step up. Let's do this. It's an awesome fight for you. I lost my last one. You lost your last one. Let's do this -- unless you're scared!"

Griffin responded:

"He knows better than that. You know what's funny about me and Tito? The truth is we each consider the other an easy fight. For me, that's the perfect 'get right' fight. Coming back from a bad loss and beating Tito Ortiz up? No problem. For Tito, he's thinking, 'Forrest ain't that good. He's getting old, prematurely. This is a great way to go out, with a win over Forrest!' So, I think it's a beautiful match up because we both think of the other as an easy fight."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:01 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
OU! That was awesome in Dunham vs Barboza. I didn't even think of that. And I apologize guys. I forgot Hendo turned down Lil Nog.
No love for the other 2 fights?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:08 pm

I am happy with Dunham-Barboza, Griffin-Ortiz, Miller-Diaz. I think you are giving some vets some love, while promoting the younger cats coming up too.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I am happy with Dunham-Barboza, Griffin-Ortiz, Miller-Diaz. I think you are giving some vets some love, while promoting the younger cats coming up too.
What about the 4th fight? This card was only 3 fights because that's just how it worked out. Multiple times they have said it will be 4 fights, that is suppose to be the deal. If they can get 4 fights they feel good about, they will have 4 fights.
Why not Ellenberger vs Hendricks for #1 contender? I think they would produce an entertaining fight and it would bring awareness to both men.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:22 pm

Yeah, I can go with that too. But they do need big names to bring attention to the younger guys climbing up the ladder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Dana, Why ditch the chicks for his ugly mug ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:22 pm

So I guess it's answered that there won't be any higher level fight then Miller vs Diaz. That should be a good fight, but I had kinda hoped it would be the Co-main at best and eclipsed by a something bigger.

Nate Diaz Vs Jim Miller
Pat Barry vs Lavar Johnson
John Dodson vs Darren Uyenoyama
Tony Ferguson vs Dennis Hallman

Looks like room for maybe one of these to be bumped off the FOX portion still.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
So I guess it's answered that there won't be any higher level fight then Miller vs Diaz. That should be a good fight, but I had kinda hoped it would be the Co-main at best and eclipsed by a something bigger.

Nate Diaz Vs Jim Miller
Pat Barry vs Lavar Johnson
John Dodson vs Darren Uyenoyama
Tony Ferguson vs Dennis Hallman

Looks like room for maybe one of these to be bumped off the FOX portion still.
I seriously doubt either gets on the FOX portion of the card. I see those both as FX prelim fights. But I'm very confident there will be 4 fights on FOX this go around. But the last 2 have yet to be made IMO.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:37 pm

John Dodson vs Darren Uyenoyama is likely going to be a Flyweight #1 contender match or close to it, so I could see that opening the show. Plus those guys fucking go, would be high energy contest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:45 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
John Dodson vs Darren Uyenoyama is likely going to be a Flyweight #1 contender match or close to it, so I could see that opening the show. Plus those guys fucking go, would be high energy contest.
I didn't say I wouldn't be all for it, or that it wasn't deserving. I'm just saying I doubt the UFC goes in that direction. I could see it as the last fight on the prelims leading into the FOX card. Would still get alot of viewers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:47 pm

I expected at least one high profile fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Ali wrote:
How is a possible #1 contender LW fight not high profile? If you don't have a title fight, how much bigger does it get?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:06 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
How is a possible #1 contender LW fight not high profile? If you don't have a title fight, how much bigger does it get?

High profile as in big names.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

Would "names" help you enjoy it more?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:21 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

No I just expected one fight with a couple names, like Ortiz vs. Forrest for example. I like the fact Nate and Jim will be getting alot of exposure and it's a great fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

No I just expected one fight with a couple names, like Ortiz vs. Forrest for example. I like the fact Nate and Jim will be getting alot of exposure and it's a great fight.
Who's to say they won't be on the card? It's not like it would deserve main event status over this fight anyways. The FOX card is not final, that much is sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?   UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on FOX 3 - Who do You Book?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next