Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight

Go down 
+9
captain organic
GDPofDRC
josh200612
Andrew the Raider King
OU
MMAEYES
Wolfgangsta
cheekynffc
killerofchicken
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:28 pm

OU wrote:
Turning down this fight was the right move for Dan. He shouldn't even consider ANY fight until Rashad vs Davis is over. If Rashad loses or suffers any kind of injury. Then Dan is ready for a crack at Bones. Only IF Rashad wins and is injury free should he then consider his other options. But if the winner of Munoz-Sonnen is not ready to go then he is also there to take on Spider. So we have 2 fights coming up where both winner have to come out healthy. If not Hendo is there and ready to go. Smart move.

+1 completely agree very smart move by Hendo
Back to top Go down

UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:30 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Black on black crime II > Hendo vs. Bones love fest.
After the huge letdown for black on black crime 1? Why wasn't Jones vs Rampage black on black crime II? The Shad vs Bones beef isn't fresh anymore. There is mold all over it, people aren't going to eat that up. The Hendo love is eternal.

Because Shad and Bones genuinely don't like each other, you could tell it when they met post Rua.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:15 pm

It should be Dan. Reshad beat Page unimpressive well over a year and a half ago. Time effects that standing at #2. Bowing out of fights to wait for guys led him to fights with a maybe top 20 Tito and now a less than top 5 Davis. Hendo is coming off of fights with Cavalcante, Daivs level, Fedor and Shogun. Evans has shit for an argument.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 pm

All I know is I don't care who is fighting, I am going to be at UFC 146 on 4/17. I am already preparing for the trip.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Rashad has been next in line too long. Im fine with either fight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Rashad has been next in line too long. Im fine with either fight.
So would you be in favor of "which ever fight can happen sooner"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Jones-Rashad will get at least 50% extra the numbers Jones-Hendo will get.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:30 pm

We know, you don't like Hendo. Seriously, make a poll though.

Here's the winner

UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 78_l
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:36 pm

Hendo is a great fighter and should get the shot. Rashad is the bigger PPV draw is all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:37 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Jones-Rashad will get at least 50% extra the numbers Jones-Hendo will get.

do we believe this to be true?

Shad's been out, and is typically not overly entertaining in the ring.

Hendo meanwhile has been in numerous recent fights that have gotten big post fight buzz.

So do we expect it to hold true? Is it the tuf factor? I know he'll be on the next Fox show, but the prefight buzz has been lukewarm at best.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm

I'd pay money to see Hendo fight, not Evans. Presently, if someone cares enough about MMA to pay to watch it, I'd bet they would to.

Evans has been in some big PPVs, because of the other name on the bill though.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'd pay money to see Hendo fight, not Evans. Presently, if someone cares enough about MMA to pay to watch it, I'd bet they would to.

Evans has been in some big PPVs, because of the other name on the bill though.

his 2 terms on tuf certainly help, especially the fight with page. But that fight was a let down, especially on Shad's end.
Even with the expected trash talk with Jones I question wether people will be amped, for one, we have seen it b4 and it didn't produce an exciting fight, secondly, with the postponements of the fight, I think the "feud" between he and Jones has gotten a bit stale, and lastly, most expect Jones to clobber Shad(which works against Hendo as well, but it takes the electricity out of the presumed feud).

So I'm doubting if Shad continues to be a big seller of ppv's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:03 pm

I predict Jones-Evans would do about 800,000 buys. Jones-Hendo does about 500,000. I'd pay for both fights.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:02 pm

I am hoping they make the decision to bring Hendo-Jones to Atlanta, though they will keeping throwing quality bones (no pun intended) to the Canucks.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:59 pm

freakzilla wrote:
It should be-

Jones vs Hendo with the winner fighting Evans vs Davis winner

Agree 100%, the time frames line up great as well, fucking stupid to not do this, keeps every one active and gives the fans what we want to see
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:07 am

Beat Fedor and Shogun and get offered Lil Nog...yeeeahh...try again Joe Silva.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:11 am

freakzilla wrote:
I predict Jones-Evans would do about 800,000 buys. Jones-Hendo does about 500,000. I'd pay for both fights.

800k is awfully generous given the recent numbers
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:18 am

Brock-Uber did 800K and that is UFC's biggest draw going against a guy clearly a physical match..It wouldnt be fair to say Jones has been bad, but his buyrates have been average..even against Page. I can see the whole Jones-Evans backstory and a little trash talk putting it at 600K if promoted well...but i would think around 500K after Evans gets on Fox.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 4:11 am

Jones-Rashad does 620k at best. Jones-Hendo probably does around 650k because of the Fedor/shogun factor. Evans is not well liked by the casual fan. Ever wonder why he gets boo'd every single time he's shown in a crowd or at a presser? Fans just don't like him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:44 am

Ludo wrote:
Jones-Rashad does 620k at best. Jones-Hendo probably does around 650k because of the Fedor/shogun factor. Evans is not well liked by the casual fan. Ever wonder why he gets boo'd every single time he's shown in a crowd or at a presser? Fans just don't like him.
Evans isn't really liked by any kind of fan. He came out as a heel after TUF. I have never liked Rashad. I actively root against him. You notice any Rashad Evans fans on this board? Do any of you know any Evans fans? More people have tuned in to watch him lose then to root for him. When people root for who they want to win Jones vs Evans they will just pick what they feel is the lesser of two evils.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:53 am

At this point expecially after the shogun fight if Hendo isn't a bigger draw than Rashad...... then I straight up hate these bastard casual mma fans out there causing this retard case of draw power. WOW american mma fans can't suck that bad can we?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 am

"Give it to Hendo. I ain't losing. Give it to Hendo. I don't care
either way. You can give it to Hendo and there will still be a belt when
I get there. There will still be a belt when I get there. I don't care
who the person is that has the belt but there will be a belt when I get
to it and that's all that I'm concerned about. If somebody else gets to
fight the champ before I do, that's fine with me."

-- He may be confident, but undefeated UFC light heavyweight Phil Davis has no problem waiting in line for a title shot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 am

MMAEYES wrote:
At this point expecially after the shogun fight if Hendo isn't a bigger draw than Rashad...... then I straight up hate these bastard casual mma fans out there causing this retard case of draw power. WOW americans mma fans can't suck that bad can we?

Um..........

tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:57 am

OU wrote:

"Give it to Hendo. I ain't losing. Give it to Hendo. I don't care
either way. You can give it to Hendo and there will still be a belt when
I get there. There will still be a belt when I get there. I don't care
who the person is that has the belt but there will be a belt when I get
to it and that's all that I'm concerned about. If somebody else gets to
fight the champ before I do, that's fine with me."

-- He may be confident, but undefeated UFC light heavyweight Phil Davis has no problem waiting in line for a title shot

Nice!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight   UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Tonight: UFC Returning To Atlanta, Dan Henderson Turns Down Fight
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next