Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220

Go down 
+5
Farmer1906
throwdownfight1
GDPofDRC
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 Empty
PostSubject: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:11 pm

http://mmaweekly.com/fedor-vs-henderson-super-fight-likely-to-end-up-as-heavyweight-special-attraction

More details about the pending Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson super fight have begun to emerge as the bout comes closer to being a done deal.

According to sources close to Emelianenko’s management team at M-1 Global, the fight is currently in the works for a late July date in a co-promoted M-1 Global/Strikeforce show.

While final agreements are not in place, the current plan is to feature Emelianenko vs. Henderson in a special heavyweight attraction with the agreed weight for the fight to be at 220 pounds.

One major point in this whole thing is to remember that pen has not yet been put to paper, so there are plenty of hiccups that could derail the fight, but at this point, it appears a deal is imminent.

If the final weight agreement comes in at 220 pounds, that of course takes Henderson’s light heavyweight title off the table, making this a special attraction main event, but not a championship bout.

A few more details need to be ironed out, but if all comes to fruition, look for Emelianenko and Henderson to square off on a show in late July, possibly on Showtime, but most likely on pay-per-view.

Emelianenko will be returning to action for the first time since suffering back-to-back losses, something the Russian legend has never faced before. After a submission defeat at the hands of Fabricio Werdum last year, Emelianenko fell short against Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva in the first round of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in February.

He will be looking to bounce back against Henderson, who just recently claimed the Strikeforce light heavyweight title by defeating Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante.

One other interesting note to this fight, if nothing changes between now and July, the fight with Emelianenko would be the last on Henderson’s current agreement with Strikeforce.

The Team Quest fighter confirmed when Zuffa purchased Strikeforce last month that he had one fight remaining on his deal, and unless an extension is reached before the fight with Emelianenko comes together, he would technically be a free agent when the bout is concluded.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:19 pm

lol thats so gay
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:28 pm

I would rather it be at 220lbs. If Fedor gets beat we won't hear a bunch of "He cut too much weight" excuses. I hope he beats Hendo, but I want know that cutting weight won't be an issue for The Last Emporer. Ten pounds is nothing to drop for Fedor. He has enough body fat to sweat out 10-12lbs and not be completely "emanciated" to where he gases in the first round. Droping to 205 right away wouldn't be good for him. I say he cuts to 220lbs and stays there to adjust his body for the cut to 205lbs in the future. We all know Fedor is not gonna fight at HW anymore, unless it is a fight with guys like Randy or someone that isn't 275lbs.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:09 pm

I don't think it matters much. Hendo will just fights at whatever weight he is comfortable at, Fedor does the same. They're fighters, that's what they will do. They are not really that far off in their normal size. It's been assumed they would fight at HW anyways since Hendo showed up in December 2009. He can fight 185 and 205, but nobody at SF was asking him about that, they wanted to know about fighting Fedor which makes sense since he is not a giant HW weight cutter type guy. Dan said back then it's not something he dwells on but he would jump at the chance because at this point a fight with Fedor is all about the competition to him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Doesnt hendo normally walk around 210. Bs of an entertaining fight. If it is the main of the ppv, then i hope the card is stackkked
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Pointless weight
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Fedor will never have a fight at LHW. This isn't surprising
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Why not get in shape, become a better fighter, fight for a belt, and give the fans 5 rounds instead of 3.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Hendo will have fought at 4 weights in the last 2 or 3 years right? Didn't he take a 195 pound bout in the UFC at one point?

If Hendo wins(or loses) but especially if he wins, one last UFC title run should be in order.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Hendo will have fought at 4 weights in the last 2 or 3 years right? Didn't he take a 195 pound bout in the UFC at one point?

If Hendo wins(or loses) but especially if he wins, one last UFC title run should be in order.

I thought maybe the Ace fight was a catchweight. But just looked it up and it looks like it was at 205.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:58 pm

I say fedor makes the move in time but imo he can make 215 or so for this fight I mean he carries some weight that looks like it would come right off with the right diet. Hendo walks around at 215 he says so he would need a few burritos to make weight. you can clearly tell fedor has lost weight and for good reasons I would imagine. Good fight if hendo can nuetralize his strength. After fedors last fight I think he realizes he has no shot against the big guys ala reem, silva etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:24 pm

So Fedor is creating the cruiserweight division I was asking for all by himself?
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:45 pm

I just dont see hendo winning this especially at 220. I still remember watching his and riches fight at 205 and thought to myself afterwards, had it been a 5 round title fight hendo would of lost. Against fedor he will be giving up the alot of weight come fight night. Not only that fedor will possibly hit hendo harder than he has ever been hit
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Hendo H-Bombing Fedor would give me a Papelboner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220   Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor vs Henderson Super Fight Likely to End Up at 220
Page 1 of 1