Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath   Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 am

I wish HD hadn't stopped it but can't blame him for doing it.

Just got home and re-watched the fight and replays a bunch and Hendo got him. The right hand was on the button. When I saw it and Fedor fall flat I thought he was out and so did HD standing 5 feet away. It was quick but I think it was right.

How out Fedor actually was, I'll never know. It could of just barely stunned him or it could of been the type a shot had it hit with the same effectiveness standing upright that he may of dropped back stiff like a board. Hendo hits hard and the look on his face when he throws the right is intense. The visual evidence says knocked out. Frank said something about Fedor looking out when he stood up, We didn't get to see that in the replays. So who knows.

Congratulations Dan Henderson. Incredible victory and a truly amazing fight. Instant Classic. The exchange in the first 40 seconds was just primal. That's why these two guys are fighting each other. And the last 20 seconds, MMA. Hendo rocked Fedor sideways with a huge left only to get dropped two minutes later from a series of lefts then the finish. What a fight. Impressive fighters. There is nothing about either of these fighters level of skill that should have either considering retirement. Both can still go.

Me and my buds were cheering that Tate won, because it was an actual finish to a fight and we were ready for the main. Good for her, not exciting but a good rebound to come back and get the finish after the second.

Woodley and Kennedy preformed as expected. Time slowed down bad in their fights.

It was a typical Scott "Head of Steel" Smith fight. Get beat up and either comeback and win, or get beat up and get beat up. Scaffidine looked crisp. Would he be able to right where he wronged agains Woodley though? I don't know yet but I'll imagine they will meet again someday in a world where SF is around in 12 months time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath   Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:33 am

Quote :
I thought the card was fine

Robbie Lawler is exactly who I thought he was

I thought Daley would be able to nullify Woodley's wrestling for the most part which he did, figured he would be able to do more on the feet. Woodley is at that Askren stage where his game just hasn't evolved enough to not be a boring fighter unless he's against someone that is just way below him in talent level

Scott Smith needs to retire. Dude is straight up awful. No stamina, no head movement, punches are in slow motion. Phil Baroni eats that dude for breakfast

Good win for Miesha. I picked her to win but would've changed my pick after the first round if I could've even though she won it. Didn't think she was gonna have the stamina. Nice arm triangle. She'll lose the belt to Kaufman though
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath   Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:41 am

I don't have a whole lot to say on Fedor-Hendo

Fedor came out aggressive and wild and got nailed by that left. I think he was rocked for quite a bit after that. In hindsight, him grabbing the fence when he was about to get slammed may have hurt. He could've been better off in guard trying to pull a sub from the bottom. Who knows

I thought Dan looked fresh and Fedor already looked a little worn down but then he came forward and just started winging. Not sure how badly Dan was hurt when he went down. He took some decent shots but nothing huge. Beautiful escape out the back door and that uppercut was money in the bank. Jordan Breen made a good point about how more guys should throw those kind of shots from that position rather than over the shoulder.

The stoppage was totally justified. Fedor face-planted, maybe slightly recovered but turned right into Dan and was still boggled and not in a defense posture at all. If Herb isn't there in between them its as simple as an H-bomb to the face. It was totally academic, and I can't believe there's so much "controversy" about it.

Still a ton of fights I want to see Dan in. I think Mo is the only SF LHW that I would consider picking against him because he could put Hendo on his back. He's too strong at this weight for Mousasi and Gracie is an unproven commodity that would get knocked out. Plenty of UFC fights I'd like to see him in as well if he travels down that route

Not sure where Fedor goes from here. I thought coming in if he lost it would definitely be retirement but given his demeanor afterwards at the press conference I'm not so sure. Maybe he gets a fight with Reem at some outside promotion. I'd like to see it. I think some of those early exchanges should put to bed the Fedor at 205 discussions. Him giving up his speed advantage against more talented guys is not the answer. HW is ultimately the best spot for him even if some dudes have a huge weight disparity on him
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath   Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:47 am

BTW, was that Matt Lindland in Hendo's corner or someone that just looked dead-on like him?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath   Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 am

BTW, Gina may be the hottest thing in WMMA, but is there anything more hypnotic than watching Tate's ass bounce up and down in those booty shorts? That thing is mesmerizing
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath   Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:18 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
BTW, was that Matt Lindland in Hendo's corner or someone that just looked dead-on like him?

I thought i saw Matt Lindland as well..but was not totally sure. I thought Henderson was in the middle of a big time beef with the Oregon branch of Team Quest so it would definetly be a huge surprise if Lindland was in his corner.

Good thoughts guys.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath   Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor vs Henderson Aftermath
Page 1 of 1