Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd

Go down 
+12
jewzilla
captain organic
MMAEYES
Ludo
GDPofDRC
Andrew the Raider King
OU
killerofchicken
JerseyStyle
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Not sure who rhonda rolls with but I know tate is team alpha
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Not sure who rhonda rolls with but I know tate is team alpha
I know Ronda was rolling with the Ceaser Gracie team, but I didn't know if that was her new home or if she was just there for X amount of time.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Ronda has been training with Gracie, rolling with Eddie Bravo working on some rubber guard stuff as well. And she still has her regular camp
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:29 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ronda has been training with Gracie, rolling with Eddie Bravo working on some rubber guard stuff as well. And she still has her regular camp

Aw shit he's going to fail her drug test.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:57 am

Tate comes from possibly the best American BJJ gym ever when you look at the number of BJJ black belts and ethnic Brazilians that Faber, Mendez, Tate and Joejist have defeated or choked to death. It is insane. This bitch is not gonna be subbin no Miesha Tate. Tate beat Rumina who had 14 of 17 wins by submission. She was called by many the best submission girl in the game. Certainly at this weight class. She had never been sub'd before. That is CLASSIC Alpha Male monster-jitsu. The fight before that, she beat the other girl with a legit claim to best sub's in the weight class, Fight Girl Monster. 13 subs.

I know Ronda has sub'd a bunch of scrubs with no significant sub experience besides Gomez who has still never fought anyone who could fight herself, so she has compiled a few meaningless subs of her own. I know she totally talked her way into a title shot, but the idea shes gonna take Tate down and rip her arm off is ridiculous. Wagnney Fabiano could probably sub four club fighters in under a minute too. Doesn't mean he's taking down Joe Jits the same way.

Ronda is gonna be real, but not yet. She loses via choke. Another high level black belt claimed by Alpha Male.

Her armbars are good obviously to instantly grab them even on bums, but Tate rolls with MMA's elite at sub defense and execution. Ronda counting amateur has like 6, 7 wins total and two of them were BS stoppages in fights her opponent never tapped in also.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:59 am

I like Ronda well enough, but yall can have her. Miesha I am with ya girl.

Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 Miesha_tate_thong_gJO93lK.sized
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 am

meisha's got a nice body

too bad Ronda is gonna mangle it
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:51 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I like Ronda well enough, but yall can have her. Miesha I am with ya girl.

Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 Miesha_tate_thong_gJO93lK.sized

Yo Noob, Meisha has said numberous times that isn't her. She said if you want to see her ass, check out the numberous photo shoots she actually did. Fucking newb.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Tate comes from possibly the best American BJJ gym ever when you look at the number of BJJ black belts and ethnic Brazilians that Faber, Mendez, Tate and Joejist have defeated or choked to death. It is insane. This bitch is not gonna be subbin no Miesha Tate. Tate beat Rumina who had 14 of 17 wins by submission. She was called by many the best submission girl in the game. Certainly at this weight class. She had never been sub'd before. That is CLASSIC Alpha Male monster-jitsu. The fight before that, she beat the other girl with a legit claim to best sub's in the weight class, Fight Girl Monster. 13 subs.

I know Ronda has sub'd a bunch of scrubs with no significant sub experience besides Gomez who has still never fought anyone who could fight herself, so she has compiled a few meaningless subs of her own. I know she totally talked her way into a title shot, but the idea shes gonna take Tate down and rip her arm off is ridiculous. Wagnney Fabiano could probably sub four club fighters in under a minute too. Doesn't mean he's taking down Joe Jits the same way.

Ronda is gonna be real, but not yet. She loses via choke. Another high level black belt claimed by Alpha Male.

Her armbars are good obviously to instantly grab them even on bums, but Tate rolls with MMA's elite at sub defense and execution. Ronda counting amateur has like 6, 7 wins total and two of them were BS stoppages in fights her opponent never tapped in also.

I don't think we can go cross gender for comparisons here. Faber, Joe, Mendes, etc are elite athletes that wrestled at a high level. Miesha is a good grappler for women's MMA who wrestled in high school going up against the only chick from America to medal in Judo at the Olympics. Its just two different caliber athletes as it will be almost every time Ronda steps into the cage. Rousey by sub. Sorry Miesha
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Women's wrestling is a far less quality sport overall than womens judo. Worldwide participation in womens judo has to be at least ten times what it is in womens wrestling worldwide. Comparing Tate to guys who have made entire careers off of being elite level athletes in the sport isn't a very good comparison at all. You can't teach someone to have athleticism.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:19 pm

Well Miesha did wrestle on the boys team in High School. But I have no idea how successful she was at that lol
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:24 pm

It'd be interesting to learn that to be honest. I'd also like to know the details concerning whether or not she was wrestling boys in her own weight class or a lower one or what.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Ludo wrote:
It'd be interesting to learn that to be honest. I'd also like to know the details concerning whether or not she was wrestling boys in her own weight class or a lower one or what.
I don't think there is anyway she could wrestle at a smaller weight class. If you don't make weight, you don't make weight. We had a couple girls attempt to wrestle when I was in school. They didn't last but 1 of them had about 3 matches. Had to weigh in just like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 Splash_2012_01_20
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:33 pm

I meant was she fighting someone who weighed less than she did in order to make things fair. On average a man of equal size to a woman is still going to be stronger by far because of muscle structure and testosterone which promotes muscle mass in certain areas that estrogen does not.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Ludo wrote:
I meant was she fighting someone who weighed less than she did in order to make things fair. On average a man of equal size to a woman is still going to be stronger by far because of muscle structure and testosterone which promotes muscle mass in certain areas that estrogen does not.
What I'm saying is it doesn't work that way. Male or Female you have to compete at your weight class. They don't get any special handicap. Even though the weight is carried differently, a 120lb girl is still wrestling a 120lb boy. No special rules.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd   Miesha Tate vs. Ronda Rousey at Strikeforce: Columbus March 3rd - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Totally off topic but it's what I wish for this fight.