Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+12
OU
Ludo
Birdofthad
oggy420
josh200612
KingsOwn19
timthebim
ChickyChicky
killerofchicken
Cu Bu
captain organic
Ziggy116
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Ludo wrote:
I saw the standard 2D version as well. I'm not all that interested in 3D

I don't mind 3D that much I just hate the fact studios are trying to shove it down our throats.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:23 pm

Ali wrote:
Ludo wrote:

I don't mind 3D that much I just hate the fact studios are trying to shove it down our throats.

Still haven't see a 3D movie yet. Well not the new 3D shit, saw 3D with the red and blue paper glasses back in the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:25 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Still haven't see a 3D movie yet. Well not the new 3D shit, saw 3D with the red and blue paper glasses back in the day.

I've only seen Avatar and Prometheus in 3D. It definitely brings to life Sci-Fi worlds.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Ludo wrote:

I've only seen Avatar and Prometheus in 3D. It definitely brings to life Sci-Fi worlds.
Avatar is the 1 movie I really wanted to see in 3D. Because he(Cameron) helped develop that technology specifically to make that movie. Also I heard some of the animated movies were pretty sweet in 3D.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:30 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Avatar is the 1 movie I really wanted to see in 3D. Because he(Cameron) helped develop that technology specifically to make that movie. Also I heard some of the animated movies were pretty sweet in 3D.

I saw Avatar in 3D on the IMAX screen and it was a pretty magical experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:26 pm

I would...........

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 Oz_the_great_and_powerful_wicked_witch
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Gangster Squad looks amazing. I really want to check that out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 pm

OU wrote:
Gangster Squad looks amazing. I really want to check that out.

I am intrigued. There was suppose to be a cool scene where they had a shootout in Grauman's Chinese Theater but I am not sure if it has been removed because of the Colorado shootings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:18 am

Just for you Kings.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:26 am

I heard Marky Mark put on 30lbs of muscle for a role in that movie. I guess it's a comedy, didn't watch the trailer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 3:25 pm

OU wrote:
I heard Marky Mark put on 30lbs of muscle for a role in that movie. I guess it's a comedy, didn't watch the trailer.

Yup it's a comedy and it actually looks pretty decent for a Michael Bay movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Gosling and Cooper in the same movie.......gonna be alot of moist chicks in the theater.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 9:18 am

Nothing beats watching the Indianna Jones trilogy on Blu Ray during the holidays.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Django was great. A notch or two below Inglorious but atleast it pretty much lived up to my hopes unlike Skyfall
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 pm

I got Lawless downloaded on my hard drive and will probably watch tonight or sometime tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:35 am

Still haven't watched Lawless.

Finally watched Pulp Fiction, just barely knocked it out before 2013. Great movie.

Ordered Hatfeilds and McCoys on blu ray, marked down from $60 down to $20, no tax, free 2 day shipping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:08 pm

Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance - A movie so bad I switched it off after 25 minutes. Idris Elba you're so much better than this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 am

Total Recall (2012) - Decent. Not nearly as bad as the critics made out but it's not worth watching if you've seen the original. 3/5
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Jack Reacher - Fantastic !!! Tom Cruise was excellent as Reacher and the movie was shot really well, perhaps the story stops it from truely becoming a classic but it's a really enjoyable thriller. I hope they adapt more of the novels. 4.5/5
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:24 pm

A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas 3D - Silly, Immature and perverted......just the way I like it Very Happy I found it way funnier than the sequel.3.5/5

Oh and that Paula Garcés is out of this world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Watched The Hobbit last night and really liked it. Damn them for making us wait for the second part.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 am

finally got the chance to watch The Dark Knight Rises and Ted.

TDKR was very good. It didnt quite capture the magic of The Dark Knight but i would place it just above Batman Begins. Bane as the villian delivered better than i hoped. The scene at the football field with the star spangled banner and all the bombs going off was pretty epic.

Ted was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:16 am

Lawless was a very good movie. Another great performance from Tom Hardy.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 11:51 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
finally got the chance to watch The Dark Knight Rises and Ted.

TDKR was very good. It didnt quite capture the magic of The Dark Knight but i would place it just above Batman Begins. Bane as the villian delivered better than i hoped. The scene at the football field with the star spangled banner and all the bombs going off was pretty epic.

Ted was hilarious.
The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 BEDPzkab9EOFswAjZcM7vQ2
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:19 pm

I will say, i thought Bane went out rather lame.

It seems he was demoted to B villian just as soon as that girl turned heel and then they job him out to Catwoman. It was kind of disappointing considering how dominant and badass he was through the entire movie. Scarecrow is still easily the biggest jobber of a villian in batman history.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next