Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+12
OU
Ludo
Birdofthad
oggy420
josh200612
KingsOwn19
timthebim
ChickyChicky
killerofchicken
Cu Bu
captain organic
Ziggy116
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 1:59 pm

Ludo wrote:
Life of Pi: I don't usually get into this kind of thing. But holy shit what a well done film. Top to bottom it's one of the best stories I've seen told in a very, very long time. The cinematography is astounding and it's captivating despite the bollywood feel to it initially. I gave it a 4.5 out of 5.

Watched this last night and I agree. Beautiful film, visually and story and acting. I can see why Le got the nod for this work. One of the ten best movies of 2013 on my list.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 3:46 pm

I really want to see Life of Pi at the theater in 3D, I feel it would be wasted on tv.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 3:47 pm

I regret not seeing it on the big realD screen by my house.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:13 pm

‘The Hobbit: There and Back Again’: Release delayed until December 2014
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:23 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Life of Pi: I don't usually get into this kind of thing. But holy shit what a well done film. Top to bottom it's one of the best stories I've seen told in a very, very long time. The cinematography is astounding and it's captivating despite the bollywood feel to it initially. I gave it a 4.5 out of 5.

Watched this last night and I agree. Beautiful film, visually and story and acting. I can see why Le got the nod for this work. One of the ten best movies of 2013 on my list.

Spoiler:

There was really only one burning question while I was watching the film:

Spoiler:

Yeah, that scene was pretty powerful in the context and it went back to what his father had told him all those years ago. Easily the best movie I've seen yet this year.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:41 pm

I think his moral ethic wanted them to live, survive. Also his story was parallel to the supposed reality, where he wouldn't be the culprit of their end save the cook, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:47 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
‘The Hobbit: There and Back Again’: Release delayed until December 2014

Good Tolkien's universe suits Christmas better.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:54 am

saw Your Highness earlier today.

That shit was pretty fuckin funny. Wonder why i didnt hear more about it.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:10 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
saw Your Highness earlier today.

That shit was pretty fuckin funny. Wonder why i didnt hear more about it.

Really ??? I turned it off after 30 minutes because it was so bad.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:30 am

Well, technically..it was bad but there was some fuckin hilarious shit in there. Do you understand why Danny McBride is hilarious? that would be key.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:38 am

Life of PI was ok but way overrated. I give it a 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 am

freakzilla wrote:
Life of PI was ok but way overrated. I give it a 7/10.

Banned from this thread for-ev-er.

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 Sandlot-for-ev-er-forever
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Well, technically..it was bad but there was some fuckin hilarious shit in there. Do you understand why Danny McBride is hilarious? that would be key.

And to think I thought you had taste in movies huh I should turn my nose up at you sir.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:28 pm

movies with juvenile humor are still higher brow than movies with no humor, no plot, no decent dialogue, and no character development like your action movies.
Back to top Go down
Ali
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:39 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
movies with juvenile humor are still higher brow than movies with no humor, no plot, no decent dialogue, and no character development like your action movies.

Your Highness wishes it could have been as funny as The Avangers was.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Ali* wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Your Highness wishes it could have been as funny as The Avangers was.

How do you know?...you only watched the first 30 minutes...and having seen the movie in it's entirety, that means you missed the funniest parts.

Avengers was a shameful money grab.

-------

https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net/viewtopic.forum?t=20610
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40