Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+12
OU
Ludo
Birdofthad
oggy420
josh200612
KingsOwn19
timthebim
ChickyChicky
killerofchicken
Cu Bu
captain organic
Ziggy116
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:54 am

Tucker And Dale vs. Evil - Absolutely hilarious, up there with Shuan Of The Dead and Zombieland. 4.5/5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:48 am

Saw Anonymous in the cinema today, really enjoyed it. 4/5
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Rum Diary.

I expected fear and loathings drug enduced prequel. It was not. Much more of a movie, with a plot and everything.

Decent. I woulld have prefered my expectations to have come through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:50 am

Watched The Shining and Paranormal Activity 2 on Halloween.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:56 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Cedar Rapids - Humorous and a little odd at times, worth a rental. 3/5
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm going to go see immortalS IN a little.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:34 pm

The Runaways......all I have to say is Dakota Fanning is now jail bait.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:01 pm

Immortals was ehh. No reason to be three d at all. Mickey Rourke though was awesome as usual. That Frieda Pinto is something else.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 4:37 pm

I saw The Thing prequel today, a decent homage to the vastly superior original but it's not bad for a night in. 3.5/5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Limitless - really enjoyed it, nice to see an original fresh movie. 4/5

Is it wrong that I kinda have a man crush on Cooper ? I can't help but admit that he's one handsome fella.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Ali wrote:
I saw The Thing prequel today, a decent homage to the vastly superior original but it's not bad for a night in. 3.5/5

I don't get how it was a prequel at all. It essentially mimics the plot of the Thing exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:

I don't get how it was a prequel at all. It essentially mimics the plot of the Thing exactly.

Yeah I know it's kinda really a remake, they even do the testing scene except swap blood for fillings Laughing

I did get bit annoyed when they'd fade in the original creepy Carpenter score, it just made me wish I was watching that version on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Ali wrote:
Ludo wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yeah I know it's kinda really a remake, they even do the testing scene except swap blood for fillings Laughing

I did get bit annoyed when they'd fade in the original creepy Carpenter score, it just made me wish I was watching that version on the big screen.

When I heard "prequel" to The Thing I was expecting more emphasis on how it got here, how it ended up frozen, and all that. This movie was essentially The Thing 2.0 when it wasn't necessary to remake it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:46 am

Midnight Cowboy.

1969. Hoffman and Voight.

Really liked it. Some true NYC grit(back when manhatten had grit).

Interesting aspect is that this movie was given an X rating, but it is very tame by today's standards. Some unshown gay sex, and like one titty shot. Crazy that the movie industry, and what we consider social norms, have changed that much in 40 years.

Also watched Leaving Las Vegas last night. Nic Cage, Elizabeth Shue. Some West Coast grit. Really liked this as well. What can I say I like downers. Believe this was near the end of Cage's run in legitimately good movies.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:10 pm

captain organic wrote:
Midnight Cowboy.

1969. Hoffman and Voight.

Really liked it. Some true NYC grit(back when manhatten had grit).

Interesting aspect is that this movie was given an X rating, but it is very tame by today's standards. Some unshown gay sex, and like one titty shot. Crazy that the movie industry, and what we consider social norms, have changed that much in 40 years.

Also watched Leaving Las Vegas last night. Nic Cage, Elizabeth Shue. Some West Coast grit. Really liked this as well. What can I say I like downers. Believe this was near the end of Cage's run in legitimately good movies.

Both excellent movies, Midnight Cowboy actually holds up surprisingly well...just a great movie.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Ali wrote:
Limitless - really enjoyed it, nice to see an original fresh movie. 4/5

Is it wrong that I kinda have a man crush on Cooper ? I can't help but admit that he's one handsome fella.

I really wanted to see that when it came out and it wasn't exactly what I expected. I liked it but didn't love it.

There is nothing wrong with that at all, I'd be worried if you didn't. Alias is one of my top 2-3 shows ever and he pretty much started there so I've always been a fan.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Nothing beats a bit of The Lost Boys after you come back from Christmas shopping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 am

I just watched Drive. Excellent movie and an excellent soundtrack.

Last edited by freakzilla on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:32 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Immortals was ehh. No reason to be three d at all. Mickey Rourke though was awesome as usual. That Frieda Pinto is something else.

She's sexy as hell.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 pm

saw Hangover part 2 last night... SUCKED!!!

the only good part of the movie was when Tyson came out rockin'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

You said the other night your favorite part was when the Thai shemale revealed herself.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:24 pm

I watched Good Will Hunting for the first time, very good movie.

Also saw 30 Min or Less, it had it's moments. It was OK at best.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:30 pm

Ali wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

You said the other night your favorite part was when the Thai shemale revealed herself.
lol, we all know that was ur fav part Ali
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 pm

OU wrote:
I watched Good Will Hunting for the first time, very good movie.

Also saw 30 Min or Less, it had it's moments. It was OK at best.

Excellent movie!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next