Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+12
OU
Ludo
Birdofthad
oggy420
josh200612
KingsOwn19
timthebim
ChickyChicky
killerofchicken
Cu Bu
captain organic
Ziggy116
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:16 pm

X-Men: First Class - Not as great as I expected, there's a great movie in there but it's been rushed and some of the casting choices for the kids weren't good choices IMO. Magneto stole the show, it's no wonder the movie industry is in such a buzz about Fassenbender, he's a star in the making. 3.5/5

Was nice to see Kevin Bacon back, I've missed him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:09 pm

Jodie Foster's Beaver - Nothing much to say other than meh, Mel gave a decent performance but the story was kinda pointless. 3/5

I am falling in love with Jennifer Lawrence though, she's stunningly beautiful.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:10 pm

Why don't you watch something that features a black actor? You racist red coat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:12 pm

OU wrote:

LOL I did watch Kill Bill Vol 1 again which featured Vivica's bootylishish ass.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

That movie features that honkey bitch. You cracker ass cracker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:17 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
OU wrote:

That movie features that honkey bitch. You cracker ass cracker.

afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:22 pm

BTW Kings I watched a flick yesterday that you would adore called Priest, sharp dialogue, Oscar worthy acting and a touching storyline that makes Sophie's Choice look like it was conjured up by the Wayons Bros.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:26 pm

the land of blood and honey, writen and directed by Angolina Jolie... some kinda Bosnian war tale which im never gonna see but am hearing great things from my bosnian comrades
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:54 pm

Im watching Mortal Kombat right now on Encore. I really liked this when it first came out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:31 am

timthebim wrote:
Im watching Mortal Kombat right now on Encore. I really liked this when it first came out.

It's so bad it's good.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:32 am

Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:

It's so bad it's good.

Exactly LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:21 pm

timthebim wrote:
Ali wrote:
timthebim wrote:

It's so bad it's good.

Exactly LOL.

There's actually a new movie in the works at the moment, they released alot of short web movies recently to test the waters.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Finally watch Scream 4 last night.

I'm a pretty big fan of the first two films, and the third one is OK though a bit cheesy. I think Scream 4 is more than likely what Wes Craven wished he had as the third film of the trilogy instead of Scream 3 which fell kind of flat and just did not fit with the other 2 films. Scream 4 does not leave anything open for a sequel(though it's never stopped them before) and the ending was more effective than the random bastard brother from the 3rd film.

It was solid...i thought it was better than #3 but i was fairly disappointed until the last 30 minutes. It looked like they were heading the same path as the other movies but i though the last 20 minutes was fresh for the series and did have an unpredictable feel.

Something that annoyed me was how exaggerated the blood splatter was for certain scenes. It was not like that in the other films...with one of the kills it was like Kill Bill blood splatter...which is cool for a homage film like Kill Bill but for a horror movie that has always had realistic blood splatter, the whole scene was just way over the top.

Another gripe is that they did not build up the "new" characters well enough for any shit to be given about them and it makes the whole "Whodunit?" mystery uninteresting to where you immediately want to implicate the 3 main characters from the past films as the killers to make it interesting. The ending would have been even more effective if certain characters were built up better.

and my last gripe other than Marley Shelton's character is how they went out of their way for gags. Scream always had a lighthearted dialougue and some comedy but for 3 and now 4 they aimed for laughs too much. It makes the movie seem like TOO much of a spoof of horror films which i know was the main intention from the get-go, but it can't be too lighthearted because at the end of the day, it's still supposed to be scary.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

Pretty good break-down.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Scream 4 was the shit I'll put it as second best to the original then 2 and 3.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:26 pm

You crazy
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:28 pm

Bobbitt who is that face in the Pumpkin?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:01 am

I'll only give you Scream 3 Josh...Scream 2 was much better than Scream 4.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:12 am

Scream 2 was damn near as good as the original. It definitely goes 1, 2, 4, 3 but the series as a whole has been pretty good. Fingers crossed they don't throw another 2 at us like they were planning
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:15 am

If they feel they can make money they definitely will make a couple more.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:23 am

Scream 4 was kind of a box office disappointment compared to the other three so that might throw a wrench in their plans for more. Though they probably take into account it had been a decade since the last one and the teen slasher genre is dead as disco..so i guess the world wide gross and blu ray sales were good enough for them to make more.

Also, Scream is really all Neve Campbell, David Arquette, and probably Courtney Cox have left as far as mainstream movie roles go..so as long as they, and Wes Craven keep signing on..they will keep making them.

I hope they don't make more. Scream 4 was a step up from Scream 3, so they should just take that and walk.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 2:10 am

I wasn't impressed by Scream 4, then again Scream 3 left a bad taste in My mouth and like you said after a decade it was kind of hard to get back into it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:16 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Scream 4 was kind of a box office disappointment compared to the other three so that might throw a wrench in their plans for more. Though they probably take into account it had been a decade since the last one and the teen slasher genre is dead as disco..so i guess the world wide gross and blu ray sales were good enough for them to make more.

Also, Scream is really all Neve Campbell, David Arquette, and probably Courtney Cox have left as far as mainstream movie roles go..so as long as they, and Wes Craven keep signing on..they will keep making them.

I hope they don't make more. Scream 4 was a step up from Scream 3, so they should just take that and walk.

So I take it they all lived again? They will make another 1 just to kill 1 or 2 of these chumps off I bet.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Shit...my bad dude. I was not thinking about that. Sorry for spoiling.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 7:59 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Shit...my bad dude. I was not thinking about that. Sorry for spoiling.

Not a problem dude it happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next