Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?

Go down 
+10
bobbitt15
OU
throwdownfight1
Ludo
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
cheekynffc
MMAEYES
timthebim
Farmer1906
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:33 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Anyone who stands with Reem has a chance to get put out especially with how much better his clinch game will be than JDS

Reem has the more dynamic striking, JDS is faster, hits harder and is more effective. He has the better chin, I'm going to just assume better cardio and more heart. Just like how Cerrone had more diverse striking then Diaz but Diaz proved to be the better striker. JDS will prove he is the HW standup king. I'm going all out here and declaring a straight ass whoopin. I'll eat my crow if I'm wrong, but I'm not.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Jds will crush him with boxing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This guy knows what he is talking about. Looks like we are riding the same train again. You fools better hop on now.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:21 pm

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
This guy knows what he is talking about. Looks like we are riding the same train again. You fools better hop on now.
dude, i expect JDS to beat Overeem... i just don't see him being as overrated as you do.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Overeem winning would be sick though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
So I'm taking this as a WANT Reem to win, THINK(knows) JDS will win?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:44 pm

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
So I'm taking this as a WANT Reem to win, THINK(knows) JDS will win?
i wouldnt care who won cuz im a fan of both but i agree overeem winning would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:46 pm

Im with killah
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:50 pm

And its not like overeem has no chance her with size and his clinch game. But if you look at his stance, speed and defense, he is a sitting duck. Overeem needs to throw kicks and take him down.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
And its not like overeem has no chance her with size and his clinch game. But if you look at his stance, speed and defense, he is a sitting duck. Overeem needs to throw kicks and take him down.
i think kicks will be used for sure, and im sure he'll take him down as well.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:54 pm

Can he keep Jds down though when no wrestlers have?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:56 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
no clue, i think JDS ground game is still a big unknown. im sure he has some serious skills but we've never seen him down there to know
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:06 pm

I don't mind watching Reem fight. Of course he has the roids things working against him, but I guess until he is busted I can't pile on too hard. But I don't think I could ever be a "fan" of the guy. But I don't have much love for most of the HWs, so I won't root against him in most fights.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
I don't think that will be in Reem's gameplan. I think he will come in with the mindset that he has the advantage on the feet and he can win the fight there. It's not until someone wakes him up and picks him up off the floor that he realizes he was wrong.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Reem's size and strength(and knees) in the clinch is his best shot imo.

Though JDS had little trouble with Carwin, another powerful guy with a good clinch game.

But otherwise I like Jr's ability to stick and move with space.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:18 pm

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I don't think that will be in Reem's gameplan. I think he will come in with the mindset that he has the advantage on the feet and he can win the fight there. It's not until someone wakes him up and picks him up off the floor that he realizes he was wrong.

Exactly, Reem (and Jr for that matter) is going in there to prove that he is the best striker in the world.

Too much pride in that aspect of his game to even think about making this a ground battle.

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Takedowns set that up though. This is still MMA
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:26 pm

farmer that goes against ninjas rules so tell cheeky never again.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:27 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
But these men are strikers first. That is what they do, that is why they are successful. Like Cap said, both men feel they are at the advantage on the feet. I think they both know the fans want this standup battle, I think they want the standup battle, they will both stick to what they do best IMO.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Neither guy has ever used takedowns to set up their striking.

Unless they are in big big trouble I'd be shocked by a takedown attempt. Even then im not so sure. Live by the sword.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Back when the line originally dropped (before UFC 141), it looked like this:

Overeem +190
Dos Santos -240

As of this morning, it looks like this:

Overeem +147
Dos Santos -177
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/4/2681698/ufc-junior-dos-santos-vs-alistair-overeem-betting-line-favorite-mma-news

Last edited by OU on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Original line was ridiculous, not surprising it had a quick adjustment
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:10 pm

I think the original line was more on point. JDS should be a decent fav.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:14 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
dude, i expect JDS to beat Overeem... i just don't see him being as overrated as you do.
You can have a seat in the back of the train. You can have the leftovers from the victory feast.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:37 pm

I expect the line come weigh-ins to look like JDS - 115 Reem +110
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?   Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Junior dos Santos vs Alistair Overeem odds: Who opened as the -240 favorite for the heavyweight title fight?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next