Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?

Go down 
+4
SOKO
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
OU
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? Empty
PostSubject: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Is this the last time, no matter what, we see Frankie vs Gray? Or down the road will there eventually be a Edgar-Maynard 4? IF Maynard wins this could we see Frankie at FW? I think that would be the only way these guy never fight again.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:31 pm

I don't think Frankie will drop unless they do something like offer him an insta title shot if he were to lose. I used to think it was auto but he doesn't seem like that kind of guy. I think he stays at LW

I'm picking him to win this fight but I think there are a lot of guys coming up that beat Frankie. Him and Gray won't fight again for a while
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:34 pm

No need for a fourth fight if one guy wins two out of three imo. Unless one of them loses only to beat out all the other LW's and are the only guy left for the current champion to defend his title against. I guess there could be another one between them then. Heck maybe a fifth, lol. Atleast we know it would be an entertaining 4th and 5th fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:36 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I don't think Frankie will drop unless they do something like offer him an insta title shot if he were to lose. I used to think it was auto but he doesn't seem like that kind of guy. I think he stays at LW

I'm picking him to win this fight but I think there are a lot of guys coming up that beat Frankie. Him and Gray won't fight again for a while
I think Frankie drops down at some point, win or lose here. He talked about how easy it would be. I could see the UFC giving Frankie a FW title shot if he loses to Maynard. I'm sure they will have an easier time selling Frankie vs Aldo then Aldo vs Mendes.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Frankie doesn't want to drop down and he has said that but if Gray beats his ass and he gets a shot at Aldo I don't see why he would pass it up over fighting to get another shot at the LW title.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:38 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I think Frankie drops down at some point, win or lose here. He talked about how easy it would be. I could see the UFC giving Frankie a FW title shot if he loses to Maynard. I'm sure they will have an easier time selling Frankie vs Aldo then Aldo vs Mendes.

He did say it would be an easy cut but he also said he would want to regain his LW title if Gray beat him. He seemed pretty convincing when he said that also.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:38 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
No need for a fourth fight if one guy wins two out of three imo. Unless one of them loses only to beat out all the other LW's and are the only guy left for the current champion to defend his title against. I guess there could be another one between them then. Heck maybe a fifth, lol. Atleast we know it would be an entertaining 4th and 5th fight.
Well if Frankie wins this fight they would be 1-1-1 in the 3 fights. Dana said that even if they draw you won't see them fight again. But if they both stay at LW, over time I think it is very likely that down the road they meet again. Especially if Frankie wins. Now if Maynard wins he would be 2-0-1 and the possibility of a 4th fight goes way down.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:40 pm

OU wrote:
bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Well if Frankie wins this fight they would be 1-1-1 in the 3 fights. Dana said that even if they draw you won't see them fight again. But if they both stay at LW, over time I think it is very likely that down the road they meet again. Especially if Frankie wins. Now if Maynard wins he would be 2-0-1 and the possibility of a 4th fight goes way down.

lol I totally wasn't thinking that they fought to a draw last time. and I called u dummy Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:31 pm

I could watch these two fight once a week for the rest of my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 pm

Yeah I could watch them fight again and again but in reality I could only see them fighting again if Edgar wins.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:10 pm

If Edgar continues at LW after losing to Maynard again then they will meet down the road but it would be 24 months at the soonest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? L0bbj
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Even though it's 1-1-1 the knockout put an exclamation mark on it for me.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm with Ali here. Failing to finish the job twice after rocking Frankie hard in the first round two fights in a row, and then being knocked out in the last fight really puts a stamp on things.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Ludo wrote:
I'm with Ali here. Failing to finish the job twice after rocking Frankie hard in the first round two fights in a row, and then being knocked out in the last fight really puts a stamp on things.
Wait so, he beat Frankie fair and square once. He fought to a debatable draw the 2nd time. Then Frankie pulls off an amazing comeback after getting rocked by Maynard. That puts a stamp on this series? LOL, OK. That makes absolutely no sense at all. Even thought the stat sheet says KO, that was a comeback and far from domination.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:49 pm

In my mind it should be 2-1 for Frankie.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Ali wrote:
In my mind it should be 2-1 for Frankie.
I find the 2-1 for Maynard argument more compelling.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:50 pm

OU wrote:
How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? L0bbj

That's fucking great haha
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:51 pm

They will fight again. They are technically even regardless of how it came to that, I officially have Maynard up 2-1.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:59 pm

I didn't say it was domination, but it is the only decisive finish in the series. I'll that a knockout like that over a three round wrestlefucking is all. All I'm saying is Maynard knocked the snookie out of Frankie in two straight first rounds and just couldn't stop him, or stop him from taking over the fight after that. I realize it may be unfair to Gray to say he shouldn't get a shot to avenge his second loss but he's fought nobody else but Frankie in a year and a half. It's time to match these guys up with other divisional fighters for the time being. If they each string together a win or two put them up against each other again in a title eliminator or something.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:02 pm

And yeah, it's closer to being 2-1 Maynard than it is 2-1 Frankie. the second fight may have been a win in some ways for Frankie but when the best you can hope for after five rounds is a draw and not a loss you can't put that one in your own win column.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:03 pm

These guys will fight again, but it shouldn't be this year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:04 pm

It was a decisive win because the winner isn't debatable. But it's not like Frankie established himself as the better fighter. They have spent alot of rounds in the cage together, Gray has won his share.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm

The 2nd fight was a draw. I hope Edgar drops down. Maynard needs to move on as he could become champ without fighting Edgar again. I wouldn't say no to a 4th fight but not for another 2 years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?   How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many times will Edgar-Maynard fight?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next