Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chael Sonnen: Comedian

Go down 
+9
MMAEYES
OU
Wolfgangsta
Farmer1906
josh200612
acccardinal12
timthebim
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:21 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
It's nearly impossible for someone who doesn't know me personally to offend me. Just like how I don't understand how people can get worked up over internet trolls in real life. I just generally don't give a fuck about what random people say about me.

Your a better man than me. So if some guy walked up to you out of nowhere and said they'd pat your girl on the ass and have her make him a sandwich, or in the other example eat your children, you'd just let it slide of your shoulders and walk away?? I agree if some internet troll that you'll never see in person says some dumb shit theirs no reason to let it get to you but I'm saying I would snap if some real life person that I came into contact with like some random mother fucker on the streets or someone I know and don't get along with says something like that.
Well that is a face to face encounter, but if dude wasn't physically threatening me I wouldn't give two shits about some random dumbass. I've been at sporting events with dumbass drunk fans talking shit and I doesn't faze me in the least. I have a buddy who can't handle any kind of trash talk and can't be "disrespected" which I think it fucking retarded. Some random fucker talking shit would get no reaction out of me. But I view the general public as fucking retarded waste of space so I really don't give a shit what they have to say/think about me.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:22 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Wow, that interview was wild
I still have to give it a listen.

It starts off serious with discussion about his TRT thing but the last ten minutes is just Mauro laughing as Chael is rattling off everything about Pride being fixed, Wanderlei being terrible, Anderson, etc
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm just a firm believer in fighters not bring the families into the hyping of a fight, it makes me actually hate Chael when I was really liking how he has hyped fights recently. Call me old fashion, say I'm making a big deal out of nothing it's cool that's your opinion I accept that I guess I'm just apart of a dying breed. To me talking shit about a fighters family is just as bad as saying "I hope I kill Brock" like Mir said.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:25 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I'm just a firm believer in fighters not bring the families into the hyping of a fight, it makes me actually hate Chael when I was really liking how he has hyped fights recently. Call me old fashion, say I'm making a big deal out of nothing it's cool that's your opinion I accept that I guess I'm just apart of a dying breed. To me talking shit about a fighters family is just as bad as saying "I hope I kill Brock" like Mir said.
I was hoping Mir killed Brock, better if they killed eachother. Hell they can go kill themselves and I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:30 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
It's nearly impossible for someone who doesn't know me personally to offend me. Just like how I don't understand how people can get worked up over internet trolls in real life. I just generally don't give a fuck about what random people say about me.

Your a better man than me. So if some guy walked up to you out of nowhere and said they'd pat your girl on the ass and have her make him a sandwich, or in the other example eat your children, you'd just let it slide of your shoulders and walk away?? I agree if some internet troll that you'll never see in person says some dumb shit theirs no reason to let it get to you but I'm saying I would snap if some real life person that I came into contact with like some random mother fucker on the streets or someone I know and don't get along with says something like that.
Well that is a face to face encounter, but if dude wasn't physically threatening me I wouldn't give two shits about some random dumbass. I've been at sporting events with dumbass drunk fans talking shit and I doesn't faze me in the least. I have a buddy who can't handle any kind of trash talk and can't be "disrespected" which I think it fucking retarded. Some random fucker talking shit would get no reaction out of me. But I view the general public as fucking retarded waste of space so I really don't give a shit what they have to say/think about me.

Like I said your a better man than me, I honestly wish I could be that way. It's the way I was raised bro
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDiu1wmAaMqFtdlU4t8W9kqum5qGmJghisUrMGQDeRVVbveqD9
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:36 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
I was hoping Mir killed Brock, better if they killed eachother. Hell they can go kill themselves and I'll be happy.

LOL yeah I know
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

RETEST THAT! You musta caught me on a low day!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:45 pm

LMAO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:01 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25579/ufc-136s-chael-sonnen-i-think-im-the-most-respectful-guy-in-this-sport.mma
After returning from a 14-month layoff that resulted from multiple
suspensions and legal issues, Sonnen (25-11-1 MMA, 4-4 UFC) now meets
Brian Stann (11-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC) on Saturday's UFC 136 pay-per-view main
card at Houston's Toyota Center. The winner could be in line for a title
shot.

On Thursday, Sonnen was back in pre-fight mode. And though we got our
headlining quote, Sonnen was trying to make a legitimate point – even if
he adds in a bit of levity for good measure.

"Listen, I don't have a show," he told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I just tell it like it is. You guys ask the questions; I answer them.

"I don't manufacture conflict. I think I'm the most respectful guy in
this sport. I have a vastly different opinion of what respect means than
some people. Some people think it's respectful to lie and be nice to
your face and bow and put a knife in your back when you turn around. I
well tell you to your face that when you turn around, I'm going to put a
knife in your back, and then I'll do it. That's respect."

Welcome back, Chael Sonnen. Love or hate him (and everyone falls into one of two camps), he remains a major figure in MMA.

Why?

For the past half decade, the sport has seen no equal to Anderson Silva,
a record-setting UFC middleweight champion who's stumbled only once
during his current 15-fight win streak. Silva, who's widely considered
MMA's pound-for-pound kingpin, was dominated by Sonnen for more than
four rounds before the champ pulled off a miracle submission victory
midway through the fifth round.

Since the August 2010 fight, the performance essentially has been a
black mark on Silva's resume. If he rematches Sonnen and proves the UFC
117 meeting was a fluke, Silva essentially has nothing left to prove in
the sport.

And if you think Sonnen is too busy focusing on Stann to worry about the rematch, think again.

"I always look ahead," he said. "I don't ever focus on anything. Again,
this doesn't require focus, guys. This is a fistfight for a 15-minute
time limit. I can't think of anything less meaningful or important in
life than that.

"You guys have all worked more than 15 minutes just today. So I'm going
to have to go work 15 minutes in the last 14 months. I'm not going to
sit around and complain about that or act as though I'm building a piano
here. It's a fight."

Surely, though, it's a little more complicated than that, right? Just
tell us you've been working on a game plan for an opponent who's quickly
become of the division's top-tier fighters.

"I don't do game plans," he said. "Listen, guys. You can take all these
guys with their eighth-grade education and their gold teeth trying to
sit around and break down a fight. This is the most unsophisticated and
un-well-thought-out thing you need to do in life. Two half-naked men are
going to get into a steel cage and fight for the applause of a drunken
rowdy crowd in Houston, Texas, on Saturday night. We don't need a plan
for this."

Despite the humor, though, Sonnen eventually admits that yes, Stann is a
real challenge. He presents real problems. And Sonnen, who actually
commentated Stann's first pro fight back at SportFight 14 in 2006, knows
he gets better each time out.

Stann needed three minutes to defeat his opponent that night: IFL vet and stand-out wrestler Aaron Stark.

"Brian was a natural," Sonnen said. "He fought a national wrestling
champion, my teammate Aaron Stark, and he stopped it in a couple minutes
of the very first round. I couldn't stop Stark in a couple minutes of
the first round. So I was impressed.

"I grabbed him after the fight, introduced myself and said, 'Man, I just
think you're really good. I wanted you to know.' I still think he's
really good. When he was green and didn't know much about fighting, he
won the world championship in the WEC up a weight class, so I don't
question his skills at all."

Facing Stann, a true war hero, Sonnen knows his usual heel role will be
amplified significantly. He knows his time away has done nothing to cool
the hatred so many fans have for him. So when he enters the cage for
Saturday's event, he has a simple request.

"Listen, I only ask the crowd to do two things: Be present and be loud," he said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:15 am

bobbitt15 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:13 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Sonnen quote for the video:
Quote :
I don't do gameplans. Listen, guys. You can take all these guys with
their eighth education and their gold teeth trying to sit around and
break down a fight. This is the most unsophisticated and
un-well-thoughtout thing you need to do in life. Two half-naked men are
gonna get in a steel cage and fight for the applause of a drunken rowdy
crowd in Houston, Texas, on a Saturday night. We don't need to plan for
this.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:51 pm

By far the best interview in the sport. Its tough to be that much of a natural when you're getting asked questions like that
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:42 pm

How long before Bobbit reaches Bird's level of love for The Lions Den ?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Ali wrote:
How long before Bobbit reaches Bird's level of love for The Lions Den ?
Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSw70BFcZpj4NAtRSncLFZWcOqNwakvG6Ozdq1deT-IH5DO58ZZ
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:29 pm

I find little natural about the king of vocal try hards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:09 pm

Lol I find it very hard to believe that. If you've ever watched the dude do an hour long Q&A or any of these interviews, he is the very definition of a natural
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 11:48 pm

Chael cracks me up!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:22 am

Bullshit rambler who dislikes shutting up is a natural try hard. Been friends with or known enough dudes like that to spot em pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:24 am

Well, we were not asking about your sexual exploits, but since you pointed them out..
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:25 am

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:23 am

Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 Good_o10
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen: Comedian   Chael Sonnen: Comedian - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen: Comedian
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next