Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy

Go down 
+9
acccardinal12
Ludo
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
cascade_run
Ninja
captain organic
GDPofDRC
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:08 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I just don't like how people seem to think Flashy striking=great striking. Just feels like if a flexible guy with no kickboxing skills could fight a counter striking guy who blocks alot he could just throw nonstop headkicks win a dec and everyone would be talking about how great a striker he is. Not that anyone is claiming Rock's striking is great but it is being overrated.

Nobody is overrating his striking. It's not an incredibly hard thing to do to be a better striker than Jacare. He has power and thats about it right now. He's still learning how to be a striker, which can come along very slowly for grapplers because it's the total opposite of what they've been learning. It isn't just that Rockhold was throwing more, Luke actually landed more strikes than Jacare even attempted. He threw combos pretty much the whole time while Jacare covered up waiting to land the big one. But while he was waiting for a hail mary he spent most of the fight getting kicked in the body/right arm, and having a left hand snake through his guard constantly and jab him in the face.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Jacare will be unable to yank for a month.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Jacare will be unable to yank for a month.
You gonna take care of that for him?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:17 pm

I am really gay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Ludo wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
I just don't like how people seem to think Flashy striking=great striking. Just feels like if a flexible guy with no kickboxing skills could fight a counter striking guy who blocks alot he could just throw nonstop headkicks win a dec and everyone would be talking about how great a striker he is. Not that anyone is claiming Rock's striking is great but it is being overrated.

Nobody is overrating his striking. It's not an incredibly hard thing to do to be a better striker than Jacare. He has power and thats about it right now. He's still learning how to be a striker, which can come along very slowly for grapplers because it's the total opposite of what they've been learning. It isn't just that Rockhold was throwing more, Luke actually landed more strikes than Jacare even attempted. He threw combos pretty much the whole time while Jacare covered up waiting to land the big one. But while he was waiting for a hail mary he spent most of the fight getting kicked in the body/right arm, and having a left hand snake through his guard constantly and jab him in the face.

No he didn't lol.

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/09/rockhold-vs-jacare-official-fightmetric.html

Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 3:53 pm

captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I just didn't see Jacare doing much at all. Takedowns attempts in the first, clipped him once in the 3rd. Looked pretty tired for the final 4 rnds. What else was there?

Ok so Jacare took him down had him pened against the fence and landed a bunch of hard shots in the first. In the second Jacare beat Rock standing by landing the harder shots and rocking Rockhold, the rest of the rounds I would agree went to Rockhold, but not because he was dishing out some major asswhooping he just had more gass to keep throwing combos staying in Jacares face along with the wrestling skills to keep it on the feet. How some would think it's so unlikely that Jacare come in with a better gameplan and gass tank in a rematch is crazy to me.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Nah, I didn't see any major punishment being delivered from either fighter. I didn't find the fight all that entertaining to be honest. And I am def not of the mindset that Luke would beat Jacare everytime.

But I do think that Luke had a pretty clear adv in the standup. Aside from getting clipped once(I thought it was the 3rd, but I guess it was the 2nd) I thought he controlled the action throughout.

Now maybe that was due to Jacare being gassed. And being gassed was clearly due to the attempted takedowns in the first. And if I were Jacare's camp and looking at a rematch, I'd def scrap the takedown game, cause it did not appear as though Jacare could keep that up for 2 rnds let alone 5, and though he eeked out the rnd, he never had a dominant position despite all the effort.

Perhaps a more fresh Jacare would fare better in the standup.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:47 pm

I think you might need to see that first round again cap, not that I doubt your mma viewing skills lol. Jacare didn't get in a dominant position but while he had Luke penned against the cage he landed some hard shots that were snapping Jukes head back. Did you not see that bro? Jacare clearly won the first despite not being able to get into a dominated postion. Juke spent the whole round fighting off Jacare and defending except for a three piece combo at the last seconds that didn't come close to landing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy   Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luke Rockhold Still in Shock About Being Champ; Bring on Tim Kennedy
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3