Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

and Luke Rockhold....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

and Luke Rockhold.... Empty
PostSubject: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 am

is out of his title fight with Larkin with pretendonitis.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/25/3687594/strikeforce-champions-luke-rockhold-injury

pretty much all the big fish in Strikeforce are protecting their asses and not risking any losses or poor performances before going to the UFC. Gil is obvious one since he just got done being "injured" last time he was slated to vs. Healy. Gil is afraid that his performance vs. Healy wouldnt live up to the favorable odds and it wouldnt since Healy would make it ugly. Gil escaping JT last time was a hit(deserved or not) to his status. Gil is probably one of the few fighters who really openly gives a fuck what the websites think about him. He didnt want to risk dropping a round to Healy or being dragged to any ugly performance. Rockhold on the other hand knows Larkin is stronger than him and a on par if not better striker....dangerous fight.

I expect Cormier to take his fight. It's a gimmie and he needs the work but it looks like that final SF super card is for not and they are pretty much Nate Marquardt or DC pulling out away from cancelling another one.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:21 am

When is the last time a fighter pulled out from a wrist injury? It's painfully obvious Luke and Gilbert pulled out because Larkin and Healy or high risk/low reward fights. Nate won't pull out because he has something to prove to the UFC and Sponge is an actual legitimate contender.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Rockhold is injured all the time so its not that big of a stretch. He just pulled out of that card at the beginning of this month. I'm not seeing these guys turning down as easy payday just like that, they need the money
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:45 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Rockhold is injured all the time so its not that big of a stretch. He just pulled out of that card at the beginning of this month. I'm not seeing these guys turning down as easy payday just like that, they need the money

Agree, and it's not like Luke was going to step right into a UFC title fight. He needs wins. Whether SF or UFC. He still needs to build a resume.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:05 pm

I agree with the last 2 comments. Luke isn't in the same position as Gilbert in that he's a top 3 contender. Gil could get an instant shot at the title and no one would argue but Luke has Weidman, Vitor and Bisping all ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:45 pm

And Dana has already said he's going to be at the event + the added eyes knowing its SF's last card. Rockhold could've styled on Larkin and picked up some added buzz/hype coming in
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Especially since he didn't look world class against Tim Kennedy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 am

Shitty. They better start filling this card up, I already paid my money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:41 am

The sooner this card is over the better.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/26/3693266/strikeforce-lorenz-larkin-vs-luke-rockhold-withdrawal-mma-news
He took to twitter and sent UFC president Dana White a couple of telling messages:

Quote :
@danawhite hey Dana I hurt my right pinky toe guess I can't fight wish I started 2 years before I did so I could have skipped this pu**y era
— lorenz larkin (@da_MONSOON) November 25, 2012

@danawhite or can you give me that Black Friday price for the sf belt?
— lorenz larkin (@da_MONSOON) November 25, 2012
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:43 pm

he mad
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and Luke Rockhold....   and Luke Rockhold.... Empty

Back to top Go down

and Luke Rockhold....
Page 1 of 1