Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC 134 Predictions

Go down 
+4
OU
killerofchicken
captain organic
Ludo
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:10 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Healthy Shogun=Bad news for Forrest. He may endup running out of the cage crying.
I think that is far less likely then having an excuse filled post fight recap from Shogun.

Damn, you think? He's given excuses in the first forrest fight and losing his title to Jones, he has used excuses on Titos level. Or am I just not seeing it cause I cheer for the guy? I know Forrest is tough but a healthy Shogun is a monster. I'm not saying Forrest can't win I just saying imo Shoguns gonna finish him
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:13 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
Healthy Shogun=Bad news for Forrest. He may endup running out of the cage crying.
I think that is far less likely then having an excuse filled post fight recap from Shogun.

Damn, you think? He's given excuses in the first forrest fight and losing his title to Jones, he has used excuses on Titos level. Or am I just not seeing it cause I cheer for the guy? I know Forrest is tough but a healthy Shogun is a monster. I'm not saying Forrest can't win I just saying imo Shoguns gonna finish him
Shoguns excuses are warranted, look at his knee surgeries dude...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:19 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I'm saying it's more likely that Shogun is full of excuses if he loses then it is Forrest doesn't take the loss like a man.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:22 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

Shoguns excuses are warranted, look at his knee surgeries dude...
All I'm saying that those excuses will be nothing but weak sauce considering the comments made leading up to the fight about him being healthy. I will lose all respect for Shogun if he uses a single excuse in his post fight recap.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:22 pm

What I was referring to was on another forum I go to someone posted a rumor(I forget where it came from) that Shogun actually blew his knee out again a few weeks ago but won't back out of the fight.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

I'm saying it's more likely that Shogun is full of excuses if he loses then it is Forrest doesn't take the loss like a man.

its mostly his fans Embarassed that come up with excuses for his losses...

jones loss, ring rust after coming back from knee surgery

griffin, ring rust after coming back from knee surgery
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Ludo wrote:
What I was referring to was on another forum I go to someone posted a rumor(I forget where it came from) that Shogun actually blew his knee out again a few weeks ago but won't back out of the fight.

i saw it on BE, but it was a comment by a user so i won't look into it too much
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:26 pm

Ludo wrote:
Killer actually posted that in this forum that he heard a rumor from another forum.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:29 pm

OU wrote:

Oh, Well you might be right but not because it's not likely that Shogun make him look stupid but because he hopefully learned his lesson when he did it the first time.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Since when has Shogun been some big excuse maker?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:26 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Since when has Shogun been some big excuse maker?
Since he signed with the UFC.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:28 pm

It's not so much him making excuses imo, it's him coming into a fight at what is clearly not 100% on multiple occasions.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:30 pm

and Im with OU, if he comes in, saying he's healthy, and then looks like shit, and afterward it leaks out that his knee is no good, Im gonna be bent.

I don't want to lay down $55 and watch dudes fight way below their peak.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:31 pm

captain organic wrote:
It's not so much him making excuses imo, it's him coming into a fight at what is clearly not 100% on multiple occasions.
Yeah the original point I was trying to make is his camp is saying he is 100% healthy, so if after the fight we find out that isn't true I'm going to fucking puke. If I hear Shogun make a single injury excuse following this fight I will hate him forever.
Then I went on to respond to MMAEYES talking about Forrest leaving the cage crying. To which I said there is a higher probability that Shogun is making post fight excuses then Forrest is seen crying.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:33 pm

captain organic wrote:
and Im with OU, if he comes in, saying he's healthy, and then looks like shit, and afterward it leaks out that his knee is no good, Im gonna be bent.

I don't want to lay down $55 and watch dudes fight way below their peak.
I'm just going to be SUPER annoyed if he uses the excuse "I couldn't back out of such a major event" when his camp is clamming he is not only healthy but in good condition.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:37 pm

Sounds like you already are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:39 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Sounds like you already are.
I'm kind of expecting it to happen. If it doesn't I will be pleasantly surprised. I just have a bad feeling about Shogun here.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:42 pm

We have 3 fighters on this board where the majority of people are major fans of. BJ Penn, GSP and Shogun. The majority of people have those guys on their fav fighters list. Just look at this thread and the number of people with Shogun's name listed in favs.
Now I don't hate any of the 3 fighters listed, in fact I like all 3 more then I like most MMA fighters. I'm just saying I have a bad feeling coming into this fight that we won't see a prime Shogun and if that is the case we will here a list of excuses post fight. If I'm wrong that would great, I'm hoping a prime Shogun shows up.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 3:59 pm

But really, giving a reason for faulty performance one time 4 years ago makes a guy Tito Ortiz, who has on numerous occasions listed excuse after excuse in the cage and to any one who will suffer it. He blew his knee 4 years ago weeks before the fight and worked through it to fight Griffin even into the 3rd round and lost it. He revealed days later it was a mistake to succumb to the pressure to compete and opted for surgery. One time. No other time has anyone, other than fans, made an excuse, not after the robbery against Machida or after losing to Jones. Some big excuse maker?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:01 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
But really, giving a reason for faulty performance one time 4 years ago makes a guy Tito Ortiz, who has on numerous occasions listed excuse after excuse in the cage and to any one who will suffer it. He blew his knee 4 years ago weeks before the fight and worked through it to fight Griffin even into the 3rd round and lost it. He revealed days later it was a mistake to succumb to the pressure to compete and opted for surgery. One time. No other time has anyone, other than fans, made an excuse, not after the robbery against Machida or after losing to Jones. Some big excuse maker?

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:05 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I don't care if this is the first time in his career, if I hear a weak ass excuse after this event I'm going to LOL at Shogun forever. I know, I know you guys love the man he is a great fighter. But don't say "I'm 100%" and then when you lose we find out you only took the fight because you didn't want to withdraw from such a major event. That is a bullshit move and the first offense should be punishable by death.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 am

Starting to waver a little bit on the Schaub/Nog fight. I really wasn't that impressed with Schaub vs CC and I think even a fading Nog has more left in the tank than Mirko at this point
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:54 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Starting to waver a little bit on the Schaub/Nog fight. I really wasn't that impressed with Schaub vs CC and I think even a fading Nog has more left in the tank than Mirko at this point

Mirko still has about 10X the head movement Nogueira ever did. This is going to look like Schaub/Gonzaga except this time the brazilian gets knocked down.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:01 am

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 12:40 pm

I just don't see a way Nog wins this... i've said this before but after the whooping Cain put on him I've lost all confidence in him... yeah he had a good fight against Couture, but it was Couture at 47. i say nog loses by tko and calls it quits in front of his home fans
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC 134 Predictions   UFC 134 Predictions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC 134 Predictions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next