Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Props to all the diehard fans

Go down 
+2
OU
LA
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Props to all the diehard fans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
LA wrote:
Dude UFC is one of my favorite sports, "you mean MMA?" What?

I don't care that much though, more is better even if noobs.

You know everytime I try to explain that to a noob, the noob just ends up thinking I'm an asshole lol
Cause now you're "uppity" LOL I kid, I kid.

OUppity
LAme Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:46 pm

LAwesome

But pretty good, clever.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:49 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:
I was talking to this guy the other day, he had a Tapout shirt on, I started some MMA small talk, knew nothing...
Did he pretend to know or did he make it clear "I just like this shirt"?

I had a Master Sargent at WPAFB ask me, "what's with the tapout shirts mark, whats the deal?" I said "It a brand of shirts that fans of mma like to wear" He says "So what's it mean? Does it mean you like to fight people" and I couldn't believe it. So I explain that yes I(at the time he said this to me) trained mma and liked sparring and fighting but I'm not the kind of guy that just get into fights on the street at the drop of a hat(I lied). I said to him then "You don't think I'm an asshole or something cause I'm wearing this do you?" He said No but I could tell he did. He thought I was an asshole punk just because I wore a tapout shirt.

I don't get that, just because I wear my Dallas Cowboys t-shirt doesn't mean I'm an aspiring QB. It means that is what I enjoy and what I support.

You see I thought when he asked me if I liked to fight people he was asking if I faught in mma so that's why I explain what I did but that's not what he was asking. He thought because I wore that shirt that meant I was some kind of asshole that just walks around looking for a fight wherever I go lol way worse than what you think
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:08 pm

The biggest think that drives me nuts is when some1 asks me who is fighting? I proceed to say why are u a fan? There next response is yes I love UFC. I then tell them who is fighting and u can tell they have no clue who the hell Im talking about lol.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:24 pm

it's really tough to talk to regular ppl about MMA, you guys echo what i feel
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 10:28 pm

I imagine it's hard to talk to anyone who isn't a fan of a sport about said sport. I know I have a hard time talking NFL with people who don't follow football at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Props to all the diehard fans
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2