Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2 terrible endings, and props to Morales.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

2 terrible endings, and props to Morales. Empty
PostSubject: 2 terrible endings, and props to Morales.   2 terrible endings, and props to Morales. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 10:36 am

Sorry, had to make a new thread, cause the "black guy" thread is not worthy.

The ref was totally in the bad in the first go, and def makes me think "fix". Is there another explanation here? Way to ruin what was looking like a pretty good fight. I for one was not of the opinion that Alvarez was about to run away with that fight.

The 2nd I blame on Ortiz.

How many hugs does he need out there? While I think it is good that he quickly realized his bad, at some point he needs to get ready to fight again. He hugged him b4 the point deduction, then there is the point deduction, then they touch gloves. At this point u should be ready to go. But now he wants another hug. And you know what, if Floyd wants to tag a retalatory cheap shot jab on ya, eat it, and finally get ready to fight. But no, Ortiz now feels slighted, and still does not want to get ready to fight.

Again this was looking like a good fight. One in which Ortiz was exerting some dominance. Ruined. Awful, so frustrating.

But the night was not all bad, as Morales added another belt(for what it's worth) via a hard working, face bludgeoning scrap. Not a vintage Morales, but the guy showed that he is still capable, and still willing. And ironically I thought this fight should have been stopped a little sooner, that other guy was busted the fuck up. And u could tell when it was stopped that the other guy was glad it was over.

Now maybe that guy was just another paper champion, I dunno, but given Morales's age, I have to believe that a W here was not a given. And he got it done. Great job by the old man. I'm ready to see him again in a bigger fight. Incredible.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: 2 terrible endings, and props to Morales.   2 terrible endings, and props to Morales. EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:13 am

You never go full Pat Berry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: 2 terrible endings, and props to Morales.   2 terrible endings, and props to Morales. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:35 am

i wondered where the black guy thread went and started a thread about joe cortez, i could have just stuck my comment on this thread in hindsight.

cortez is a joke, he clearly says 'lets go', but after saying that he turns away from the action instead of watching the action. it's ortiz own fault he got knocked out but cortez doesn't have a clue if it was a legal knockdown because he wasn't paying attention.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: 2 terrible endings, and props to Morales.   2 terrible endings, and props to Morales. EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 5:04 pm

captain organic wrote:
Sorry, had to make a new thread, cause the "black guy" thread is not worthy.

The ref was totally in the bad in the first go, and def makes me think "fix". Is there another explanation here? Way to ruin what was looking like a pretty good fight. I for one was not of the opinion that Alvarez was about to run away with that fight.

The 2nd I blame on Ortiz.

How many hugs does he need out there? While I think it is good that he quickly realized his bad, at some point he needs to get ready to fight again. He hugged him b4 the point deduction, then there is the point deduction, then they touch gloves. At this point u should be ready to go. But now he wants another hug. And you know what, if Floyd wants to tag a retalatory cheap shot jab on ya, eat it, and finally get ready to fight. But no, Ortiz now feels slighted, and still does not want to get ready to fight.

Again this was looking like a good fight. One in which Ortiz was exerting some dominance. Ruined. Awful, so frustrating.

But the night was not all bad, as Morales added another belt(for what it's worth) via a hard working, face bludgeoning scrap. Not a vintage Morales, but the guy showed that he is still capable, and still willing. And ironically I thought this fight should have been stopped a little sooner, that other guy was busted the fuck up. And u could tell when it was stopped that the other guy was glad it was over.

Now maybe that guy was just another paper champion, I dunno, but given Morales's age, I have to believe that a W here was not a given. And he got it done. Great job by the old man. I'm ready to see him again in a bigger fight. Incredible.

At what point was Ortiz showing any dominance? IMO, he was getting outclassed and it was only going to get worse. He seemed to employ the same strategy that ODLH used (ie. tie him up and throw punches from the clinch before the ref seperates them). Lampley, a well known Pacman fanboy has Pacman's nuts so deep in his mouth he sounded like he was having a heart attack anytime Ortiz even threw a punch at Mayweather. I was hoping to watch the gradual breakdown of Ortiz, culminated by a tko in the 10th, 11th or 12th, but unfortunately, the fight ended the way it did.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: 2 terrible endings, and props to Morales.   2 terrible endings, and props to Morales. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:59 am

wether one thought Diaz was exerting dominance or not, it does not change the fact that the fight was ruined.

As was the Alvarez fight.

We finally get a stacked night of boxing, with 3 worthwhile fights, and 2 of em end way prematurely.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: 2 terrible endings, and props to Morales.   2 terrible endings, and props to Morales. EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:07 am

That was the most entertained I have ever been watching boxing. Perfect ending.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 terrible endings, and props to Morales.   2 terrible endings, and props to Morales. Empty

Back to top Go down

2 terrible endings, and props to Morales.
Page 1 of 1