Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Props to all the diehard fans

Go down 
+2
OU
LA
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Props to all the diehard fans Empty
PostSubject: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Yeah I looking at you, whether we agree on shit doesn't matter, what does is we've all been with the sport for years/decades, well 1.5ish. Why am I saying this? Because with MMA/UFC on Fox/FX the sport will grow to be bigger then ever. With that will come new fans which is great no doubt for the sport, amazing really, but will become annoying at times for us long time fans. You know what I'm talking about, "water cooler" type talk with the guy wearing a UFC shirt who has no clue what Pride is, that type of shit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Just like BE and many other people have pointed out. This growth comes with risk. But just like everyone here I'm hoping everything works out for the best and MMA becomes bigger then ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Great, more assholes that are going to say Fedor is a joke.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Not sure if this doesn't mean as much for you, but UFC on FOX is HUGE here in the US.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 pm

They won't know who Fedor is...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:05 pm

LA wrote:
Very true LOL
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:06 pm

freakzilla wrote:

Great more assholes the are going to say(insert any BS comment Dana has made hyping a fight) lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:06 pm

LA wrote:

haha 100% agree with this
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:10 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Great more assholes the are going to say(insert any BS comment Dana has made hyping a fight) lol
As long as those assholes shell out the money to keep the sport growing, good for them. Ignorance is bliss lol
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Dude UFC is one of my favorite sports, "you mean MMA?" What?

I don't care that much though, more is better even if noobs.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Another wave of Tapout shirts coming soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:19 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Not sure if this doesn't mean as much for you, but UFC on FOX is HUGE here in the US.

Yeah it makes no difference here as Foxtel is the major cable provider here and they are owned by Fox. The UFC has been on Fuel channel here for years already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:20 pm

LA wrote:

You're probably right.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:21 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Yeah it makes no difference here as Foxtel is the major cable provider here and they are owned by Fox. The UFC has been on Fuel channel here for years already.
Having the UFC on the same channel as the NFL is a very big deal here in the US.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:21 pm

I was talking to this guy the other day, he had a Tapout shirt on, I started some MMA small talk, knew nothing...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm

LA wrote:
I was talking to this guy the other day, he had a Tapout shirt on, I started some MMA small talk, knew nothing...
Did he pretend to know or did he make it clear "I just like this shirt"?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:25 pm

LA wrote:

You know everytime I try to explain that to a noob, the noob just ends up thinking I'm an asshole lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Whenever a ppser tries to act like they know their shit I always bring up Strikeforce and they are completely lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
LA wrote:

You know everytime I try to explain that to a noob, the noob just ends up thinking I'm an asshole lol

He's right about that though lol!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:27 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
LA wrote:

Cause now you're "uppity" LOL I kid, I kid.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:

I had a Master Sargent at WPAFB ask me, "what's with the tapout shirts mark, whats the deal?" I said "It a brand of shirts that fans of mma like to wear" He says "So what's it mean? Does it mean you like to fight people" and I couldn't believe it. So I explain that yes I(at the time he said this to me) trained mma and liked sparring and fighting but I'm not the kind of guy that just get into fights on the street at the drop of a hat(I lied). I said to him then "You don't think I'm an asshole or something cause I'm wearing this do you?" He said No but I could tell he did. He thought I was an asshole punk just because I wore a tapout shirt.

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:36 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:

He knew simple stuff, like some big names. If I got semi detailed I'd lose him, I was nice though, told him some good upcoming fights to watch.

He did say he just liked the shirt to though
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:37 pm

OU wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
LA wrote:

Cause now you're "uppity" LOL I kid, I kid.

OUppity
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:38 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:

He knew simple stuff, like some big names. If I got semi detailed I'd lose him, I was nice though, told him some good upcoming fights to watch.

He did say he just liked the shirt to though
If someone just likes the style then I won't hate. But if they think wearing that shirt makes them tough or if they start speaking out of their ass, I'm all over them lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:

I had a Master Sargent at WPAFB ask me, "what's with the tapout shirts mark, whats the deal?" I said "It a brand of shirts that fans of mma like to wear" He says "So what's it mean? Does it mean you like to fight people" and I couldn't believe it. So I explain that yes I(at the time he said this to me) trained mma and liked sparring and fighting but I'm not the kind of guy that just get into fights on the street at the drop of a hat(I lied). I said to him then "You don't think I'm an asshole or something cause I'm wearing this do you?" He said No but I could tell he did. He thought I was an asshole punk just because I wore a tapout shirt.

I don't get that, just because I wear my Dallas Cowboys t-shirt doesn't mean I'm an aspiring QB. It means that is what I enjoy and what I support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Props to all the diehard fans   Props to all the diehard fans Empty

Back to top Go down

Props to all the diehard fans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next