Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nog appears to be next in line for title

Go down 
+3
Bigs03
captain organic
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Nog appears to be next in line for title Empty
PostSubject: Nog appears to be next in line for title   Nog appears to be next in line for title EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:35 pm

http://mmamania.com/2009/10/02/antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-to-face-ufc-106-winner-of-carwin-vs-lesnar-for-heavyweight-title/
It doesn’t look as if former Pride FC and UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is going to get that rematch he wanted with Frank Mir — at least not yet.

But as far as consolation prizes go, he’s going to do a helluva lot better than a year’s supply of Turtle Wax.

“Minotauro” is being penciled in for an early 2010 appearance against the winner of Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin at UFC 106 on November 21 for the heavyweight championship, according to The Wrestling Observer via Inside Fights.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Nog appears to be next in line for title   Nog appears to be next in line for title EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:54 pm

I'd rather see him beat Mir first. I know timelines don't line up correctly for that, but that is what I would like to see.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Nog appears to be next in line for title   Nog appears to be next in line for title EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:09 pm

I don't think it would happen but I'd love to see Nog submit Brock.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Nog appears to be next in line for title   Nog appears to be next in line for title EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 2:29 pm

If Mir wins his next fight then this already sets up Nog's first opponent. Smart business by the UFC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Nog appears to be next in line for title   Nog appears to be next in line for title EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 6:09 pm

I hope Nog has it in him to absorb one more monster beating and still pull off a sub Razz

I'd have a lot more confidence in Nog over Lesnar if it was PRIDE refs lol
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Nog appears to be next in line for title   Nog appears to be next in line for title EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:01 am

I want Nog to get the title shot, but man I don't want to see him get smashed by Brock.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Nog appears to be next in line for title   Nog appears to be next in line for title EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:03 am

I think Nog might give Brock some problems. Yes he's the most technical HW as far as BJJ but he also looked very crisp in his boxing vs Randy. Even though Brock KO'd Randy I just think he got caught and up to that point the fight was pretty much even while Nog dominated Randy from the beginning. Not saying Nog will win but I can hope right? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nog appears to be next in line for title   Nog appears to be next in line for title Empty

Back to top Go down

Nog appears to be next in line for title
Page 1 of 1