Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top 5 subs of half year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Top 5 subs of half year Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:02 am

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:59 am

I thought Richard Hale's was about 7 times more impressive to see than Jung's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:01 pm

yeah that was crazy lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:01 pm

i think Jung got the nod because that was the first time we saw ze twister used
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:52 am

Submission of the year:

This was the toughest call I think of them all, or maybe the 2nd closest. I'm gonna say it was a tough choice between Chan Sung Jung & Leonard Garcia - the "Twister" - or more recently UFC 140 Frank Mir
vs Nogueira. I think you could make a very, very compelling case for
either one. In Mir' case, he broke a legend's arm. The first time this
guy's been submitted - at least in MMA. He's been submitted in
grappling tournaments. To do it on such a stage & after being hurt,
that's pretty big. But, Chan Sung Jung - the "Twister" is such a novel
submission. It's so difficult to pull of. It's never been done before
in the UFC. You gotta give it to the Korean Zombie on that one.

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 3:38 pm

I give it to Jung based solely on the difficulty of the submission itself. Mir's Kimura was still uber-impressive and has to be at least 1b to Jungs 1a. The Kimura is difficult to pull off because it's a strength manuever, but the twister is difficult to pull off because you essentially have to place yourself at a high risk of ending up on bottom position half guard just to attempt it after taking the back.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Top 5 subs of half year Korean-zombie-wallpaper_large
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:56 am

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:55 am

Top 5 subs of half year Re4RA
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:56 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/6/25/3117269/bloody-elbow-2012-half-year-mma-awards-best-submission
Over the next few days, Bloody Elbow is going to ask for your opinion on some of the best things that have happened in the MMA world over the first half of 2012. There will be a total of eight different categories you'll be asked to vote on. For simplicity's sake we're going to stick with high-level and relevant MMA stuff in these posts. While I'm sure there was a ludicrous knockout in an unscheduled MMA event at The Lumberyard strip club in Des Moines, or an insane pancreas lock submission on an obscure ZST! card in Japan, let's just stick to stuff a lot of us have seen, okay? (If that spiel looked familiar, it's because I just lifted it from last year's awards post.)

It's pretty simple. I'll post 10 options in a category, you vote for what you think was the best. If you think I left something really important off my list, post it in the comments and we can add it to the poll if it's deemed worthy. I can almost guarantee you won't like all my suggestions, but narrowing down these lists to 10 is tough.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's get onto the first poll - the best submission of the first half of 2012. There have been some excellent subs all over the MMA landscape in the first six months of this year, and getting the list down to 10 is very difficult. But I did, and this is what made the cut.

Here we go, in no particular order:

Dustin Poirier defeats Max Holloway by mounted triangle armbar, UFC 143 - He had to work hard to get it, but it was nasty.

Dan Miller defeats Ricardo Funch by guillotine, UFC on FX 4 - After trying approximately 200 times, Miller finally cinched it on late in the fight to pick up an emotional win.

Nate Diaz defeats Jim Miller via guillotine, UFC on Fox 3 - The dudes tongue was stuck between his teeth!

Charles Oliveira defeats Eric Wisely by calf slicer, UFC on Fox 2 - It actually looked like it was just being used to set up something else, but it earned the tap anyway.

Chan Sung Jung defeats Dustin Poirier by D'Arce choke, UFC on Fuel 3 - A+ finish to an A+ fight.

John Maguire submits DaMarques Johnson by armbar, UFC on Fuel 2 - The way he spun around, basically all the way across Johnson's body, to lock up the armbar was really slick.

Ronda Rousey defeats Miesha Tate by armbar, Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey - Tap or snap!

Eduardo Dantas defeats Zach Makovsky by arm-triangle choke, Bellator 65 - Dudu put him right out cold and picked up the Bellator bantamweight title in the process.

Martin Kampmann defeats Thiago Alves by guillotine, UFC on FX 2 - It only took one mistake from Thiago Alves and he got tapped.

Paul Sass defeats Jacob Volkmann by triangle armbar, UFC 146 - They don't call it the Sassangle for nothing.

Get to voting!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Of that list I'll give it to either Sass or Rousey.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Ludo wrote:
I'm taking Nate's. Brutal image.
Top 5 subs of half year Miller-diaz-tongue
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 pm

OU wrote:
Ludo wrote:
I'm taking Nate's. Brutal image.
Top 5 subs of half year Miller-diaz-tongue

I wouldn't argue against that at all.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:20 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/10/3150339/bloody-elbow-2012-half-year-awards-results
Best Submission

1. Chan Sung Jung - 1871 (35.7%)
2. Ronda Rousey - 1398 (26.7%)
3. Nate Diaz - 718 (13.7%)

Best Celebration

1. Jose Aldo - 2449 (72.9%)
2. Stephen Thompson - 367 (10.9%)
3. Maximo Blanco and Marcus Brimage - 225 (6.7%)

Star-divide

Best Feud

1. Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen 1254 (55.8%)
2. Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate 343 (15.3%)
3. Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans 302 (13.4)

Best Comeback

1. Tim Boetsch 1549 (61.8%)
2. Martin Kampmann 618 (24.7%)
3. Alan Belcher 124 (5.0%)

Biggest Upset

1. Jamie Varner 1275 (58.2%)
2. Tim Boetsch 529 (24.1%)
3. Eddie Yagin 149 (6.8%)

Best Fighter

1. Martin Kampmann 769 (39.6%)
2. Ronda Rousey 312 (16.1%)
3. Matt Brown 290 (14.9 %)

Best Knockout

1. Edson Barboza 1289 (65.8%)
2. Zorobabel Moreira 164 (8.4%)
3. Siyar Bahadurzada 106 (5.4%%)

Best Fight

1. Chan Sung Jung vs. Dustin Poirier 756 (55.7%)
2. Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar 240 (17.7%)
3. Demetrious Johnson vs. Ian McCall 1 99 (7.3%)
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:24 am

hard to go against most of those, surprised to see the hitman leading the pack tho
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:29 am

killerofchicken wrote:
hard to go against most of those, surprised to see the hitman leading the pack tho
I'm surprised Werdum wasn't top 3. Also surprised Ronda-Tate rivalry finished above Jones-Rashad.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:29 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
I'm surprised Werdum wasn't top 3. Also surprised Ronda-Tate rivalry finished above Jones-Rashad.

it was a cat fight... of coarse it would lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 subs of half year   Top 5 subs of half year Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 5 subs of half year
Page 1 of 1