Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MMA of the half year

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

MMA of the half year Empty
PostSubject: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 pm

inspired by Mr. Cofield

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/All-Star-break-MMA-s-2010-first-half-award-winn;_ylt=ApxSFVFbm8Qml8zSp1OSuLE9Eo14?urn=mma,255944

We are actually well past the half way point of 2010, but who really cares?

Fighter of the Year
Breakout Fighters of the Year
Most Disappointing Fighters
Fighters who put their career on life support
Fight of the half year
Worst beat down
Blackest hat

Who are yours?

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Fighter of the Year:
Shogun
Jose Aldo
Leben

Breakout Fighters of the Year:
Evan Dunham
John Hathaway
Aldo

Most Disappointing Fighters:
Miguel Torres
Brandon Vera
Diego Sanchez

Fighters who put their career on life support:
Chuck Lilddell
Arlovski

Fight of the half year
Leben/Akiyama
Belchar/Cote
Voelker/Bowling - ShoMMA 8: Lindland vs. Casey

Worst beat down
Vera/Jones
Kongo/Beuntello

Blackest hat
Kos, of course
Sonnen
Silva

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Fighter of the Year:
Shogun
Jose Aldo
Leben

Breakout Fighters of the Year:
Evan Dunham
John Hathaway
Aldo

Most Disappointing Fighters:
Miguel Torres
Brandon Vera
Diego Sanchez

Fighters who put their career on life support:
Chuck Lilddell
Arlovski

I would put Fedor in the most disappointing behind your three, for his layoff and putting himself in position three times for Werdum to tap him. Other than that, the list you made is great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:43 pm

How can Jose Aldo be breakout fighter of the year when he's already the WEC champion and in the top ten pound for pound ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Fighters who put their career on life support
Mark Coleman
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:56 pm

An argument can be made for Fedor. I think mostly because he was a heavy favorite and lost so early in the fight. In MMA world the guy had been due for a loss for a long time now. I was disappointed but am not calling him the most disappointing just yet. I defiantly think evil four letter missed the ball with their award show last night by not having Fedor/Werdum in their biggest upset category. The fighters I listed are generally more disappointing to me right now.

With Aldo's KO highlights he is defiantly more out there then others. Personally I think his domination of a star like Faber really pushes him out there further. He gets to steal some of that star maybe. I last second threw him in that category.

Also, I put Leben on there because I couldn't think of anyone else who is 3-0 on the year so far.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Fedor is the biggest disappointment because he held out since November and then took a fight against a guy who was just cracking the top ten. Then he goes out and attacks the guy (who is a top BJJ guy) in a wreckless way. Not once did he even try to push his legs to the side, and instead he hops right into his guard. A champion with knowledge like Fedor should have known better than to that right in the beginning of a fight against a top BJJ ace like Werdum.

Fedor is the biggest disappointment to me.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:21 pm

It's pretty disappointing. What about the other categories, I'll be adding more soon.

added these

Fight of the half year
Worst beat down
Blackest hat
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 8:02 pm

FOTY - The Fabricio of Werdum

Breakout - Ben Askren, Evan Dunham, John Hathaway, Jon Jones, Goerge Sotriopolous, Tim Kennedy, Muhammad Lawal

Most disappointing- Marius Zaromskis and Quinton Jackson

Life Support- Tito Ortiz

Fight of the half year- Not sure...i'll go with Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotriopoulous

Worst beat down- CRIS CYBORG VS. JAN FINNEY

blackest hat- mine
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Zombie vs Garcia is easily going to win fight of the year at the end of the year regardless of what happens between now and then. George vs Stevenson wasn't even that great of a fight kings. Lost me there kings.

Most disappointing fighter - Fedor. But I'd see arguments for the likes of Torres and Sanchez. AA as well.

Liddell was already on life support so I'll go with Andrei Arlovski. I think Liddell's career entered brain death this year.

Breakout fighters - Alexander Schemenko, Ben Askren, King Mo, Jon Jones, Jon Hathaway.

Fighter of the year - Fabricio Werdum

Blackest hat - Paul Daley
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:42 pm

I thought it was awesome, but i just remembered that on the same card i enjoyed Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping more.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:55 pm

comeback of the year- Brock Lesnar!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Fight of the Year - Jung vs Garcia

Breakout of the Year - Askren

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA of the half year   MMA of the half year Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA of the half year
Page 1 of 1