Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.

Go down 
+3
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. Empty
PostSubject: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:26 am

Of the next three, maybe 1 I'll order.

Not ordering either the Mayweather or UFC 103, a probably washed up CC being in the only really interesting fight for me, Vitor/Rich isn't worth 40 bucks. I'm not ordering Floyd's because I hate him and will instead pirate that shit. 104 is weak but hosts Machida so I'm in, 105 is a joke that I'll go no where near. Bisping and Kang and Couture and Vera in totally meaningless fights. Dan-Nate would change my opinion on this card though.

Maybe I am spoiled after all those super cards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:27 am

105 is so bad I might not even watch it at all, and just check out fights online on sunday. Maybe the worst headliner and co headlining set of fights ever in history.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:33 am

Why watch online when you can watch it on TV?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 3:25 am

I don't know. I think the Vera-Couture fight is very important.

Since it's going to be even longer untill Rampage is going to fight Rashad, and there is still a chance he loses that fight. I can see the winner of Vera-Couture getting the next crack at Machida...or Shogun(to pretend i think he has a shot).

I can see Dana White giving Couture the Chuck Liddell treatment. Where he puts wayyy too much stock in a victory over him and puts Vera right in there with the champ. If Couture wins, he would not hesitate to put Couture in a title fight. Machida vs. Couture is what they ultimatley want next when its looking more and more possible that Quinton never reaches the top of the mountain again, or if so, Machida or Shogun would have another fight probably around the time Jackson and Evans finally happens

. It's not like the contenders are lining up. Griffin just got put back a notch or twenty. Thiago and Tito already been owned by Machida. Nog and Cane won't get a shot before Couture coming off a fresh win, or Vera coming off a win against Couture. In conclusion, Vera-Couture is far from meaningless. This is the UFC we are talking about, where a Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring fight can hotshot a 1-1 fighter into a title shot. The rest of the card however, is UFC 95 caliber crap.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:26 am

I havn't got a UFC event in a long time. Just go to a sports bar or a wings place to watch it.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:49 am

ohiovol62 wrote:
I havn't got a UFC event in a long time. Just go to a sports bar or a wings place to watch it.

Thats what me and about a dozen other of my buddies do.

But I agree with Wolfy, these PPV's are getting god awful.

The Franklin-Belfort fight should be pretty entertaining, Rich and Vitor barely ever have boring fights, if ever.

The Machida- Shogun fight should be pretty good as well, might be a snore-fest early on but it will get going and when it does, it will be special, like all Machida fights are.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 7:50 pm

I would like it if Rich Franklin would actually get to fight at the weight he has said he wants to make a permanent shift to. Instead they keep throwing him these stupid catchweight fights.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Rich said 195 is ideal weight for him
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:23 pm

195 isn't a weight class. Ideal or not why fight there? For the fake lineal 195 pound title I postulated?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:17 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Rich said 195 is ideal weight for him

It's ideal only because he is clearly below the the champs at 205 and 185.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:49 am

Rich said that is an ideal weight for him. Ask Rich what exactly that means.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Don't make the statement if you don't want people to respond to it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:38 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Who said I didn't want people to respond. Naturally 195 is a good fit for him. Just like 155 is good for BJ. There is a weight certain fighters fight best at. Rich's seems to be between weight classes. I would venture to say there are a few others like this too.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Who said I didn't want people to respond. Naturally 195 is a good fit for him. Just like 155 is good for BJ. There is a weight certain fighters fight best at. Rich's seems to be between weight classes. I would venture to say there are a few others like this too.

We never heard about the need to go up to 195 until Spider kicked his ass at 185. My guess is that if Spider started to campaign at 195 Franklin would not feel so natural at that weight.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:47 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

We never heard about the need to go up to 195 until Spider kicked his ass at 185. My guess is that if Spider started to campaign at 195 Franklin would not feel so natural at that weight.

No we didn't hear that we do know he fought comfortably at 205 and was willing to move up for the right fights and how huge of a MW he was.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

No we didn't hear that we do know he fought comfortably at 205 and was willing to move up for the right fights and how huge of a MW he was.

I also hear how big a MW Nate is, Spider looks pretty comfortable at 205, Hendo won a belt at 205.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:01 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I also hear how big a MW Nate is, Spider looks pretty comfortable at 205, Hendo won a belt at 205.

Maybe Hendo, Nate, & Spider would preform best at 195 too.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Are you basing this off of something or are you just throwing a random maybe out there?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:25 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Are you basing this off of something or are you just throwing a random maybe out there?

I'm just throwing it out there because you don't get it. Rich's body is best made for 195 according to Rich. Maybe those guys are too since they're jumping around or maybe they're just good enough to be successful at both weight classes.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 6:47 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I'm just throwing it out there because you don't get it. Rich's body is best made for 195 according to Rich. Maybe those guys are too since they're jumping around or maybe they're just good enough to be successful at both weight classes.

If there is a quote from Rich saying as much prior to Anderson busting his nose into pieces I'll put credence into it, otherwise Rich is just a guy who was forced to leave the division due to a fighter of a much higher caliber holding fort.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Rich supposedly was having a hard time with more recent cuts and he's in his mid 30's. That said, I'd imagine he'd have stayed at MW longer if Anderson didn't cause late onset asthma when rich turns 55.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.   A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year. Empty

Back to top Go down

A whole heap of crappy events in the second half of the year.
Page 1 of 1