Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The UFC needs to step up!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

The UFC needs to step up! Empty
PostSubject: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 9:54 am

They are letting Hendo have time to negotiate as he wants too? What the fuck is that. Make a better offer and get his ass in the cage! You don't leave a big name fighter, with the number of big fights he has had up for grabs, you sign their ass and line up fights.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:14 pm

how do you know that Hendo's demands are not unreasonable? He's coming off a win that has people talking, but he is an older guy who will prob never own another title. Plus he's not a huge draw.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:19 pm

He is a draw, sure he is not Brock, Randy or Tito but who is? I would say he is better known than Fedor and we know that the UFC offered him a boatload of $.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
He is a draw, sure he is not Brock, Randy or Tito but who is? I would say he is better known than Fedor and we know that the UFC offered him a boatload of $.

But Fedor is the #1 p4p in the world. It hurts the UFC's integrity not to have that.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:23 pm

The Hendo deal will get done. I think Hendo is looking for a pretty large payday because this will probably be his last contract. I'm he wants what Hughes & Couture are getting.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
The Hendo deal will get done. I think Hendo is looking for a pretty large payday because this will probably be his last contract. I'm he wants what Hughes & Couture are getting.

But hughes and Couture(who is way more popular) are UFC lifers, and I don't know if a guy who spent his prime in another org gets the same respect.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm

captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

But hughes and Couture(who is way more popular) are UFC lifers, and I don't know if a guy who spent his prime in another org gets the same respect.

Exactly so that may be the holdup. Plus Hendo said he didn't get a cut from the UFC 100 PPV so maybe he's negotiating PPV cuts.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 12:48 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Exactly so that may be the holdup. Plus Hendo said he didn't get a cut from the UFC 100 PPV so maybe he's negotiating PPV cuts.

Yeah just negotiations, I don't see it as a big deal, and I don't think the UFC is in the wrong concerning the holdup.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:08 pm

They'll get it done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:59 pm

Hendo is probably trying to squeeze more cash out of the UFC for letting Belfort get a title shot ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The UFC needs to step up!   The UFC needs to step up! Empty

Back to top Go down

The UFC needs to step up!
Page 1 of 1