Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ok Dana needs to take a step back

Go down 
+7
KingsOwn19
cascade_run
captain organic
acccardinal12
timthebim
killerofchicken
oggy420
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Ok Dana needs to take a step back Empty
PostSubject: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 pm

i dont know about you but it just seems like he is such an attention whore. Criticizing Cain for poor strategy and not exactly building up JDS after the fight, even criticizing him for getting tired at the end of fights.

Just my opinion but i think a little less of DW would be a really good thing for the ufc. Its the fighters people want to see, not you dana.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:24 pm

I gotta agree man, sounded like a complete ass in the after show.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Yeah I remember telling my brother it sounded like Dana had bet on Cain to win and just lost a bunch of money the way he was acting after the fight.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 2:26 pm

He was pissed off for some reason and acted pretty angry the whole post fight press conference. I wonder if something bad happened business wise?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:07 pm

just think if Bud Selig or Roger Goodell came out and criticized their athletes like that. It wouldn't fly.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:21 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
He was pissed off for some reason and acted pretty angry the whole post fight press conference. I wonder if something bad happened business wise?

a 64 second fight happened.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:35 pm

captain organic wrote:

I think thats what it was also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:38 pm

captain organic wrote:

And his Mexican cash cow got knocked out.

How is Lorenzo in the spotlight ?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Ali wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Forget UFC execs, get a pro in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:30 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ali wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Forget UFC execs, get a pro in there.

I know who they can turn to..

Ok Dana needs to take a step back 15
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 4:40 pm

LMAO!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:35 pm

When I first saw him on Fox with Menephee I was a little shocked. Anything can happen in a fight but 64 seconds is not a good start, and then the Fox exec throwing a little back at Dana saying that maybe one fight wasn't the way to go, I thought they should've had Guida V Henderson on tv as well.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:37 pm

Yeah Bendo vs Guida is a great fight that wasnt televised.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:37 pm

cascade_run wrote:
When I first saw him on Fox with Menephee I was a little shocked. Anything can happen in a fight but 64 seconds is not a good start, and then the Fox exec throwing a little back at Dana saying that maybe one fight wasn't the way to go, I thought they should've had Guida V Henderson on tv as well.

wahcu mean a "Fox exec?"
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Yeah I must have missed that.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 7:33 pm

captain organic wrote:
cascade_run wrote:

wahcu mean a "Fox exec?"

Fox Sports chief executive David Hill admitted he and president Dana White discussed the “tactics” of booking a single, heavyweight fight in hindsight, but added he was overwhelmingly satisfied with the product.

“It absolutely delivered everything I hoped it would,” Hill told ESPN.com. “I spoke to Dana and maybe, tactically, Dana didn’t play it the right way. But this is what you get in this sport. This is world heavyweight champion action.”

The decision not to run any of the other nine fights on the card, specifically a lightweight bout between Ben Henderson and Clay Guida, was heavily questioned by fans and media alike. The fight aired, instead, on Facebook.com and FoxSports.com and was a 15-minute thriller.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Kinda crazy he would call Dana out like that.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 9:28 pm

not everyone has to kiss his ass
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Yeah, he really came off bad in the post fight. The fight did not really go like he wanted. It's just the fight was nothing special if you are a new fan because 1. Cain looked out of shape and poor after he was the main focus of the hype machine going in, as the guy who beat Brock and the mexican american champion with the Brown Pride specials 2. the fight ended too quickly 3. the KO was nothing to write home about if you are a new fan

but he could have at least given JDS his props. Hell, Lesnar did the promoter job better than Dana in the post fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 12:12 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Yeah, he really came off bad in the post fight. The fight did not really go like he wanted. It's just the fight was nothing special if you are a new fan because 1. Cain looked out of shape and poor after he was the main focus of the hype machine going in, as the guy who beat Brock and the mexican american champion with the Brown Pride specials 2. the fight ended too quickly 3. the KO was nothing to write home about if you are a new fan

but he could have at least given JDS his props. Hell, Lesnar did the promoter job better than Dana in the post fight.

U think maybe he didnt want another champ from Brazil? I couldnt think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:45 am

JDS is a big Brazilian teddy bear that everyone can love. Come on Dana, you know you want to give that big Brazilian a hug.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:47 am

timthebim wrote:
Yeah I remember telling my brother it sounded like Dana had bet on Cain to win and just lost a bunch of money the way he was acting after the fight.

my first thought exactly
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:51 am

why would he be upset with a 64 second knockout?

the casual fan doesn't want to watch a close, technical 5 round fight. the casual fan wants to see someone knocked out in 64 seconds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:25 am

If I was Cain or JDS I'd be pretty pissed with Dana, one of these days his title won't protect him from a slap.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:27 am

I loved how Bas was at this event an on the pre fight show. That was great to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok Dana needs to take a step back   Ok Dana needs to take a step back Empty

Back to top Go down

Ok Dana needs to take a step back
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next