Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kimbo beats Nelson

Go down 
+7
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
captain organic
Farmer1906
Bigs03
LTFG
thome_nerko
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 pm

All along I thought Big country would win, but not any more. I see all the press Kimbo has been doing, the way they are marketing him and the show, I'm thinking Kimbo must win....after reading Roy's interview on MMA Weekly, I'm absolutely sure Kimbo wins.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9660&zoneid=4

He's basically saying he never requested to fight Kimbo and he wanted a different opponent...it was a telling interview for me.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:53 pm

Odd... I heard that on last weeks show he was spouting off on how he wanted to be the one to knock Kimbo off the show? Anyone watch that can confirm?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Thome, after reading the interview I'm not sure how you can deduce that Roy loses that fight from what's said...
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Yeah I don't take anything away from that interview except that Nelson wasn't chomping at the bit to kick Kimbo's ass like some of the other guys were. I'm expecting Roy to submit Kimbo.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:35 pm

There is no NO way Kimbo wins this
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:37 pm

from the sound of Kimbo it sounds like he fought well, but lost.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/slice-its-one-of-my-best-fights-20021

“This fight is very exciting,” said Slice. “This is probably, I would say, not hands down, but pound-for-pound a good fight, one of my best fights…I was impressed with my performance. I was impressed with everything. I’m not crying about nothing.”
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:16 pm

thome's deductive reasoning questionable as usual.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:13 pm

Roy looks fat slow and arrogant it's not impossible for Kimbo to pull the upset.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Roy looks fat slow and arrogant it's not impossible for Kimbo to pull the upset.

Not impossible, imPROBABLE.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:22 pm

Roy def arrogant. Arrogance can lead to complacency and a less than hungry fighter(fighter, not eater)
Back to top Go down

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Roy def arrogant. Arrogance can lead to complacency and a less than hungry fighter(fighter, not eater)

I am actually hoping Kimbo does win so Roy will come to realize this and get his arse into gear. His attitude is quite shocking.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:01 pm

He does not win. The reason he is in the press is because he's the selling point of the show and they have to pretend nothing has happened yet. As far as Kimbo and the press is concerned, his fight with Nelson has not happened yet. If it turns out he lost that fight, we won't see him in the media as much. Right now, they are milking Kimbo.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:53 am

kimbo says he gives his best performance and by a few other comments its like he loses a decision but displays a lot of technical skills throughout.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:17 am

The UFC will have a lot of egg on their face when the casual fan tunes in to see the fat guy beat Kimbo. Kimbo beats Nelson, but loses a fight in the later rounds...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 am

Why would they have egg on their face?

What you talkin bout?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:56 am

Some people can't post prior to eating... It effects their critical posting skills.
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:17 am

They are promoting Kimbo nonstop....they want 7 million viewers tonight...The casual fan will watch....if the fat slob(Rashads's 6th fighter picked) on the show beats Kimbo it would make them look absolutely foolish.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:38 am

thome_nerko wrote:
They are promoting Kimbo nonstop....they want 7 million viewers tonight...The casual fan will watch....if the fat slob(Rashads's 6th fighter picked) on the show beats Kimbo it would make them look absolutely foolish.

absolutely foolish to who? The casual viewer that tunes in to watch Kimbo? not sure if the ufc is worried about looking foolish to that crowd. That crowd may very well hop right on the Fat Slob band wagon.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:19 pm

It's not like they are hyping him up as the next big thing. They have clearly stated that Kimbo has to prove himself. If the casual fan seems to think Kimbo is being pushed as the big challenge for Brock then who gives a fuck what they think? UFC has him on for the casual kimbo nutthugger who did not get the hint when Seth knocked him out, and for the viewers that they are getting. They know Kimbo aint going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

I read yesterday that Kimbo WILL fight in the UFC regardless of TUF outcome. I'll see if I can find it again... Anyway, it shocked me a bit because Dana commented that it had nothing to do with Kimbo getting the shot because of his name, he would just have to prove himself in the cage. Of course Dana being full of shit should never shock anyone I guess...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:42 pm

LTFG why are you shocked? Note, Dana never said he had to win TUF. He just said he had to do TUF. He had to "prove himself". They give prelim fights, finale fights, and fight night fights to TUF losers from the house, why wouldn't they do that with Kimbo, an enormous draw? Dana is not a dumb man. Of course he'd let Kimbo fight in the UFC after TUF, win or lose. That much was obvious from the moment this whole thing was announced, and even before it.

This situation I envisioned exactly as it now appears over a year before Kimbo ever came on board.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:43 pm

thome_nerko wrote:

Why will it make the UFC look foolish? If Kimbo loses to the only real fighter in the house?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:53 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LTFG why are you shocked? Note, Dana never said he had to win TUF. He just said he had to do TUF. He had to "prove himself". They give prelim fights, finale fights, and fight night fights to TUF losers from the house, why wouldn't they do that with Kimbo, an enormous draw? Dana is not a dumb man. Of course he'd let Kimbo fight in the UFC after TUF, win or lose. That much was obvious from the moment this whole thing was announced, and even before it.

This situation I envisioned exactly as it now appears over a year before Kimbo ever came on board.

Agreed... I was just thinking about past participants. I don't recall anyone losing their first fight and still getting a UFC contract. The shocking part to me was Dana's claim that Kimbo isn't getting his shot because of his name. Just Dana being full of shit as usual, but normally he's not quite this obvious about it...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:14 pm

Dana isn't as full of shit as much as he is speaking in code.

Kimbo isn't getting a shot because of his name, and he has to prove himself in the house ; code for ; Kimbo boosts our rating on a season of TUF and we'll fight him in the cage as long as he's profitable.

Gotta learn how to speak slimeball.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:18 pm

You're right, I don't have the knack of picking up pure slimeballenease. Some dialects I can follow as long and it's spoken slow and clearly. But I do appreciate having you around for translation, Wolf...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kimbo beats Nelson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kimbo beats Nelson   Kimbo beats Nelson Empty

Back to top Go down

Kimbo beats Nelson
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next