Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wolfy you Fuck!

Go down 
+3
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
CombatSports4Life
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:17 pm

You were right on the Mayweather/JMM bet. I talked a lot of shit and even though you tried to back out I held you to it and you turned out to be right. So I'll eat my crow and go ahead and do your worst.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:18 pm

You picked Marquez?
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:24 pm

no I bet it wouldn't do over 800K in ppv buys.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:44 pm

What'd it do?
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:10 pm

1 million right on the head.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:46 pm

CombatSports4Life wrote:
1 million right on the head.

It should be more then that. The figures weren't added in from the theaters yet where people paid to go see it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:02 pm

1 million is pretty good what did 103 do?
Back to top Go down

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:15 pm

hahah it really done 1 million ? Dan Rafeal has to shave off his beard now Smile
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:27 pm

103 did 400K to 600K
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Ya i donno why i tried to back out and replace it with the bet i actually lost. you still win this round combat.

this suite is so much better than last nights place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 9:07 pm

I love how this news has made Dana change his tune from boxing vs MMA to Combat sports are doing great .
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:34 pm

How did Dana's tune change? I haven't heard any quotes from him.

Who honestly expected Rich Franklin to beat Mayweather in PPV head to head? It's not even fair. It's a the #1 P4P boxer in the world vs a top 3 MW/top 10 LHW. Plus boxing has major boxing matches every few months vs the UFC having at least a PPV a month.

Let Boxing go head to head vs a Brock fight or the news years show and then we have a more fair comparison.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Brock vs Fedor

VS

Mayweather vs Pacman

Who wins?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Brock vs Fedor

VS

Mayweather vs Pacman

Who wins?

Boxing in that situation. Fedor just doesn't bring enough hype into the fight to regulars joes. Now Brock vs Anderson might stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 11:52 pm

I found a DW quote on the 2

“I’m an emotional guy and if we’d only have done 100,000, or barely above 100,000, I would be suicidal,” White said. “Bottom line, we did a good number and we still got our asses kicked. What they did was phenomenal and I’m happy for them. This was our fourth pay-per-view in two months (actually 10 weeks) and we still did a great number, but this was only their second all year.

“We honestly thought we’d do our number and that if they knocked it out of the park, they’d do around 650,000. We are ecstatic with the number we did, but they did a huge, huge number.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AnrSf0sKlNn4iFMabrSo0tKUxLYF?slug=ki-boxnumbers092509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 12:23 am

So emotional he stages a fake press conference and spliced it with a standup routine? Dana eatin more crow than bigs mom eats mcdoubles.
Back to top Go down

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 1:41 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
How did Dana's tune change? I haven't heard any quotes from him.

Who honestly expected Rich Franklin to beat Mayweather in PPV head to head? It's not even fair. It's a the #1 P4P boxer in the world vs a top 3 MW/top 10 LHW. Plus boxing has major boxing matches every few months vs the UFC having at least a PPV a month.

Let Boxing go head to head vs a Brock fight or the news years show and then we have a more fair comparison.

“I’m a true boxing fan and I’m happy for them, but what that number they pulled shows is the promise of combat sports,” White said.

“We’re kicking ass on pay-per-view. This was their second (major) pay- per-view. We do 13 a year, plus we put fights on free TV. Clearly, combat sports are more alive now than they’ve been in a long time.

“This shows that people are willing to stay at home on a Saturday night and watch a good fight "
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 7:18 am

Dana changes his tune about something?

to HELL you say

He should be pleased with the numbers 103 pulled in though. Couture-Nog did about 425K on its own. I was expecting some bad numbers for 103 because there was no buzz around Franlkin(as usual) and Belfort. However if it did 400-600K i would actually call that a company victory. They did not beat or come close to Mayweather-Marquez but they put on a damn good buyrate head to head without any of their biggest draws. Dana had to know they were going to get their ass handed to them in the buyrates. He can't be that delusional about how huge UFC is that he thought Franklin-Belfort would even compete with Mayweather vs. The English Language, let alone Mayweather vs. Marquez. That's why he is, and should be happy that 103 was steady with what most of their cards lacking the big draws do and UFC did not drop to the dreaded 200K or less.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:14 am

UFC 100 has pushed up the new bottom for ppv buy rates. even sub par cards on paper are getting an average of 200k more buyers since ufc 100
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:43 am

I wouldn't necessarily just attribute the "new bottom" to 100 alone. I think it is the overall growth of MMA/UFC. Just look how well 98 and 99 did. No one knew who the hell Machida was 98 supposedly did 600k+. 99 was headed by Rich and Wand (big losing streak) and yet again it did as well as back as when Rich was champ and fighting Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:22 am

really? They did that good?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:53 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
really? They did that good?

That's what I read.....doesn't mean its correct though.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 10:47 am

But what I wonder is if MMA will ever top the PPV buy of boxing? I think if Fedor gets his exposure at the right level, where it should be and they had him fight Brock, with a solid undercard it could happen, but I just don't know.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:49 pm

Oh ya, in less than two years MMA breaks the all time ppv record for anything. Bet it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolfy you Fuck! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfy you Fuck!   Wolfy you Fuck! Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfy you Fuck!
Page 1 of 1