Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wolfy I just wanted to say...........

Go down 
+7
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
discovery99
oggy420
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
CombatSports4Life
11 posters
AuthorMessage
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

Wolfy I just wanted to say........... Empty
PostSubject: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:15 am

I told you so............... AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:16 am

Fuck yeah! Vitor baby
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:21 am

I called it as well
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:24 am

Vitor is just a different fighter so hopefully more people realize this now. I fucking knew I should have laid money down on that fight damn it.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:34 am

LMAO this is what it says on Wikipedia right now

Catchweight (195 lb) bout: Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort
Belfort defeated Franklin via level 3 Shinkuu Hadouken at 3:41 of round 1.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:40 am

so vitor won huh? That makes things interesting at 185.
I watched the boxing fight, went exactly as i thought, wont spoil it for those who want to see it though
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:21 am

So does that make him the Franklinweight champion?

The Phenom's gonna beat Anderson Silva... calling it now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:10 am

Vitor vs Spider is starting to look like a huge fight where Spider could actually face danger. He has dominated so many people in a row that sometimes I forget there are people out there that can challenge him lol.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:39 pm

CombatSports4Life wrote:

Ya, but I posted 2000 times about how either Vitor would win via early blizkrieg KO or Franklin would pick him apart over three rounds as Vitor faded. So I still called it.

Also, this is the first fight disagreement with me you've ever been right on mr "I see no way GSP can beat BJ Penn at all"

I'm glad Vitor won in a way though, because he is at least a fresh challenger at 185. He still hasn't really answered questions about dealing with adversity and how he'd perform later in a fight but even winning at 4 minutes in after being patient and figuring out Franklin is actually an improvement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:44 pm

CombatSports4Life wrote:
Vitor is just a different fighter so hopefully more people realize this now. I fucking knew I should have laid money down on that fight damn it.
What makes him a different fighter though? Not being a dick to you or Vitor but he hasn't changed at all and I see no way people can think he has. Granted he was patient and waited until Rich opened up, showing him his power and hand speed. Right before Vitor unloaded on Franklin I screamed at the TV "Vitor why dont you open up, you could hit him" after an exchange where Rich left himself open. Clearly Vitor noticed what I did.

But still, Vitor used fast boxing combos early in a fight before really anything happened. If that wasn't enough alone to win big fights ten years ago, how can we trust him today?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:34 pm

I am I wrong to be unimpressed with the win ? He barely grazed Rich and he's slumped down.

Seems to me Rich has a bit of a Khan like chin.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:21 pm

I thought Vitor looked phenomenal. Rich was pushing the action and Belfort say everything coming. He clearly avoid any damage and saw and opening when Franklin threw a jab (I think) and just caught enough of the back of Rich's ear and went in for the kill. He was pretty brutal once Rich was dropped too. He did stop before the ref stopped him too. You gotta respect a dude that knows his guy is out and isn't trying to hurt him any more than he has to.

As for the Anderson match up I'm not sold yet. Yes I personally think the fight went as good as possibly for Vitor, but I'm not sure he's going to be able to do anything to Anderson. At least his stand up should be better than Rich, Forrest, Irvin, and Leben's.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Vitor looked good ya, but I still see the same old Vitor. A wrestler or clinch fighter should still handle him readily.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Oggy, there is nothing to spoil in that boxing match! That was a suck fest fight and I was just thankful the Sportsbar I was at showed them both, because I would have died if all I had was that pitiful event to keep me occupied.
Back to top Go down
JimboJones1
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Should Vitor jump ahead of Hendo in the title shot picture even though Hendo has a fairly recent win over him?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:11 am

Hendo should be probably be number one regardless. He has the track record & senority, and I like his post Anderson's record slightly more than Nate's since Nate has that weird loss, even if Nate has more dramatic and impressive finishes. But really, Nate and Hendo should fight to established a true contender.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 12:10 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
CombatSports4Life wrote:

Ya, but I posted 2000 times about how either Vitor would win via early blizkrieg KO or Franklin would pick him apart over three rounds as Vitor faded. So I still called it.

Also, this is the first fight disagreement with me you've ever been right on mr "I see no way GSP can beat BJ Penn at all"

I'm glad Vitor won in a way though, because he is at least a fresh challenger at 185. He still hasn't really answered questions about dealing with adversity and how he'd perform later in a fight but even winning at 4 minutes in after being patient and figuring out Franklin is actually an improvement.

You did say that the ONLY way Vitor was going to win would be by blitzkrieg KO. However you and I both know you didn't think he was going to win. Belfort is a different fighter these days than the one you were describing in our arguments.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 1:15 pm

It wasn't a blitzkreig victory... He caught Franklin the moment Franklin commited to a strike and it buckled Rich's knees, then Vitor jumped on him and finished the fight. But it was by no means the consecutive quasi Superman punch style victory he had over Wanderlei years ago. Just eat the crow.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:32 pm

There is no crow to eat. And how is Vitor that different? Vitor won with fast boxing combos in the early going in the first significant exchange of the fight. This is exactly how the old Vitor won all his memorable fights. This is what I always said. There is no evidence the "old" the "middle" and the "new" Vitor are different at all. He needs to fight someone who clinches, shoots a respectable double, or doesn't buckle when the first blow lands. Dan Henderson, Anderson Silva, Nate Marquardt, Yushin Okami, and even guys like Dan Miller and Chael Sonnon I would favor over him in a fight.

I still don't see him as a well rounded mixed martial artist with a strong heart. Sell Vitor Belfort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolfy I just wanted to say...........   Wolfy I just wanted to say........... Empty

Back to top Go down

Wolfy I just wanted to say...........
Page 1 of 1