Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...

Go down 
+10
LA
acccardinal12
timthebim
Farmer1906
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
SOKO
OU
killerofchicken
JerseyStyle
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  Empty
PostSubject: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Quote :
The highly-anticipated third bout between UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar and number one contender Gray Maynard will have to wait a little longer, as it was announced today that both fighters have suffered injuries in training camp that will take them out of the UFC 130 main event on May 28th.

Stepping up into the UFC 130 main event slot is the bout between former UFC light heavyweight champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Matt "The Hammer" Hamill, and moving to the Pay-Per-View card will be the Thiago Alves vs. Rick Story welterweight showdown.

In Spike TV prelim action, Tim Boetsch's middleweight debut against Kendall Grove will join the bantamweight fight between Miguel Angel Torres and Demetrious Johnson.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:24 pm

aw shit
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:25 pm

link?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Sory I thought I posted the link. They need to find a better main event if you ask me...
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Now what a shitty main event. $55.00 fuck no
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:29 pm

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, Edgar broke ribs, while Maynard suffered a knee injury.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:30 pm

JerseyStyle wrote:
Sory I thought I posted the link. They need to find a better main event if you ask me...
yes, but there is not enough time for that
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:30 pm

OU wrote:
Edgar broke ribs, while Maynard suffered a knee injury.

Wow so this could be a while.

Quote :
Now what a shitty main event. $55.00 fuck no

Thats what I'm sayin

Quote :
yes, but there is not enough time for that

Didn't even think of the time frame. I was just like WTF.. lol
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:34 pm

That is a major blow to the card. I'll probably still buy. There are a lot of fights I still want to see at 130.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:42 pm

That card first took the first hit when Thiago got pulled off the Rampage fight. The style matchup was much more intriguing then the Hamill mathup.
Now this is the 2nd major blow to the card.
Howeva...I think Fatboy vs D-Bag is a decent co-main event to go with Rampage vs Hamill. You still have Stann vs Santiago which is a great fight. Hell I think those 2 fights alone help save this card. Throw in Alves about to get upset by The Horror Story and the Mighty Mouse vs Torres fight. Still a decent card IMO.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:42 pm

yup, im not getting it for sure
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:50 pm

I still like it more then UFC 127 on paper.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 4:45 pm

I will go watch it for free at Buffalo Wild Wings...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:44 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/5/9/2162479/according-to-former-wec-lightweight-champion-anthony-pettis-he-was
According to former WEC Lightweight Champion Anthony Pettis, he was asked "3 or 4 days ago" to step in and fight Gray Maynard in the UFC 130 main event. Frankie Edgar's ribs were apparently enough for him to pull out for sure, but Maynard was going to try and tough it out with a knee injury.

Via heavyMMA.com:

"They were going to have me fight Maynard on that card. I said yes to
that deal right away. I guess it turns out that it’s not going to
happen. I’m back to fighting Guida," Pettis told HeavyMMA.com. "It sucks
that he got injured, because it kinda puts the whole lightweight
division back on standstill."

"For three or four days I thought I was going to fight on May 28 and now it’s just killing me, so I’m going to take it out on Clay Guida."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Sucks. I wonder if they pull something out of their ass with Strikeforce lending a hand? Throwing someone like Gil vs Pettis for an interim title?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 8:41 pm

This really sucks.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:35 pm

The Co-Main events suck, but the rest of the card is solid. Not worth a buy even if I was that type that buys every PPV. I only buy a few a year and go to BDubs a few times. The rest I just......just watch. I'm gonna watch this one. BTW Torres vs Mighty Mouse is THE Main Event on this card.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Sucks. I wonder if they pull something out of their ass with Strikeforce lending a hand? Throwing someone like Gil vs Pettis for an interim title?

Pettis has the Guida fight, barring he wins that, I'd love to see Gil vs Pettis. If they hold true to Pettis getting a shot for beating Guida, then with Frankie and Gray maybe not fighting until August, Gil may not be fighting for the UFC Title for a while.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Sucks although sounds like it will just be a couple months and they'll be at it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Pettis is never going to get his shot now. Maybe he should fight Melendez?
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyMon May 09, 2011 11:31 pm

It wouldn't be so bad, but it is the champ and the #1 contender, kinda puts that division at a stand still, hopefully the third fight is worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:05 am

Still a pretty good card but huge blow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...    Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...  Empty

Back to top Go down

Edgar and Maynard are forced to withdraw with injuries...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next