Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight

Go down 
+3
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
OU
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight Empty
PostSubject: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:51 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/6/1/2200689/amanda-nunes-has-been-forced-to-withdraw-from-her-upcoming-bout
Amanda Nunes has been forced to withdraw from her upcoming bout against
Julie Kedzie at the Strikeforce: "Overeem vs. Werdum" event on June 18
in Dallas after fracturing her foot. No word yet on whether or not
Kedzie will get a last-minute replacement.

A hairline fracture of the foot has forced out Amanda Nunes from her
June 18 bout against Julie Kedzie at the Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum
event in Dallas, MMADieHards.com has learned.
Nunes (6-1) also has a serious contusion on the foot. In the best case
scenario, Nunes could begin light training by next week, but no
determination will be made until that time.

Last edited by OU on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:51 am

bummer, it was one of the fights I wanted to see on HDNet.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:22 am

Oh man I am so butthurt now. Somebody put Wolf on suicide watch. You still have Gina brother.....YOU STILL HAVE GINA!

vs some can!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:29 am

Throw on some cock and balls and you would have loved this fight. But you do love those cock and balls. This was an exciting fight that any MMA fan would have enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:39 am

Shitty. Said the foot isn't broken though and she's trying to get on the Fedor-Hendo card
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:58 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Shitty. Said the foot isn't broken though and she's trying to get on the Fedor-Hendo card

Yeah it says she could be back training as early as next week. Hopefully they get her in there soon.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:25 pm

OU wrote:
Throw on some cock and balls and you would have loved this fight. But you do love those cock and balls. This was an exciting fight that any MMA fan would have enjoyed.

I'm just effin with you guys. I am sure the fight would've been great. I still say Gina should be a FB fight. Only because of the layoff and the fact she is fighting a can. There is no way Gina's opponent would be on the main card if it wasn't for Gina being so popular. I'm kinda wondering what will happen with womens MMA since Zuffa owns it now. Gina vs this chick on FB would be a great way to promote womens MMA imo. Maybe in about 5 years there will be enough competition out there to where guys like me will be more interested. I don't know much about Nunes, but I don't think any woman on this earth is in the same ballpark as Cyborg. Once I see some chick go out and dominate like Cyborg and get a shot at her title, THEN I will be hyped up for a womens fight. The only womens fight I have ever been hyped up to watch was Gina vs Cyborg and we all know how easy that was for Cyborg. That's the problem and I agree with DW in every way. Not enough competition for womens MMA to interest me.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 pm

What is a FB fight? Do you mean she should have been on HDNet and not Showtime? I get both so the order of the fights mean nothing to me now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:31 pm

Also so you won't pay attention to any other weight class in women's MMA unless they have a champion as dominate as Cyborg? Or you won't pay attention to woman's MMA until you have a worthy opponent for Cyborg? Will you ever be interested in other weight classes for woman's MMA?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Nunes isn't even in Cyborg's class anymore. 135 has a gang of interesting fighters. I have been talking to Meisha Tate on twitter. 35 has Tate, Kaufman(watch their fight btw, great back and forth battle), Coenen, Carmouche, Kedzie and Nunes. Plenty of top ten fighters in Strikeforce. So many SF has had to release talent like Roxie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm about to unfollow Miesha Tate. She clogs my shit up way too much.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Who are you following? What is your twitter name? I just joined the other day and she was the first person I followed. I talked to her a few times. She is down to earth and responds to fans. Don't unfollow her!
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:10 pm

I've been on there for a long time and follow quite a few people but I rarely send shit to people. I've talked to Chael, Tito, and Josh Gross on there but that's about it. They all respond pretty frequently. I dig that Miesha responds to fans but I get on there and I gotta scroll through a dickload of shit of her responding to people and it just gets annoying sometimes.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:52 pm

OU wrote:
Also so you won't pay attention to any other weight class in women's MMA unless they have a champion as dominate as Cyborg? Or you won't pay attention to woman's MMA until you have a worthy opponent for Cyborg? Will you ever be interested in other weight classes for woman's MMA?

What I mean is 145 has nobody that can compete with Cyborg so I am not interested in a fight with Gina and a can. I thought Zuffa should have the fight on FB=Facebook to reach out to more female fans. They can keep it on HDNet or Showtime, but putting it on FB wouldn't hurt either.

I have watched alot of the gals wolf mentioned in the 135lbs division. There is some depth there, but still not enough. In time womens MMA will grow. Right now I just don't see a whole lot of fights out there. I watched Meisha fight two times, Sara 3 times, Frausto a few times, and a handful of other 135's.

My whole problem with this is how you guys can justify Gina coming back after nearly two years out and fighting on a main card against a can. Atleast Cung came back and fought Scott Smith, and even then he didn't get his ass handed to him like he had never been in a fight before he left for a year. Gina got taken to school when she took on real competition. When a popular fighter who has been fed cans to gain popularity, then gets her ass stomped, retires for 20-24 months and comes back to be put on a main card against a nobody over some of the guys on that card, I have a problem with it. That's all.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Noons vs Masvidal and Wilcox vs JZ are waaaay better fights also and Gina gets bumped ahead of their cock and balls. Not cool!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:06 pm

this is no surprise, you put your stars on the televised card not really shocking. Weve all seen a star vs someone we know shouldnt be in the octagon with them, shit last week we had a main event of a PPV fit that criteria.

this was gonna be a good fight, bummed, i honestly wonder if aunt flow effects women fights.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 pm

and Marloes Coenen is a bad ass
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
and Marloes Coenen is a bad ass

No matter what she weighs Cyborg beats her ass within two rounds. Not a badass!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 6:11 pm

ehh thats debatable, considering COenen has only looked better since the Cyborg fight, wasnt at her weight real weight class, subbed the girl everyone thought was ready for Cyborg, and gave Cyborg the most trouble she has seen in the last couple years.

and it was in the 3rd round vs Cyborg with about a minute left. If anyones going to beat Cyborg its going to be Marloes Coenen.

3-1 oin her last 4 fights, wins over Modafferi and Kaufman, plus shes actually kinda pretty, cooler than Cyborg, Ill always be a fan of the crafty ground wizard over the massive bulldog
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ehh thats debatable, considering COenen has only looked better since the Cyborg fight, wasnt at her weight real weight class, subbed the girl everyone thought was ready for Cyborg, and gave Cyborg the most trouble she has seen in the last couple years.

and it was in the 3rd round vs Cyborg with about a minute left. If anyones going to beat Cyborg its going to be Marloes Coenen.

3-1 oin her last 4 fights, wins over Modafferi and Kaufman, plus shes actually kinda pretty, cooler than Cyborg, Ill always be a fan of the crafty ground wizard over the massive bulldog

Cyborg still beats her down now. Cyborg has improved more since that fight imo and she tko's Coenen within two rounds imo. I'll take the bulldog.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 9:49 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:

What I mean is 145 has nobody that can compete with Cyborg so I am not interested in a fight with Gina and a can. I thought Zuffa should have the fight on FB=Facebook to reach out to more female fans. They can keep it on HDNet or Showtime, but putting it on FB wouldn't hurt either.

I have watched alot of the gals wolf mentioned in the 135lbs division. There is some depth there, but still not enough. In time womens MMA will grow. Right now I just don't see a whole lot of fights out there. I watched Meisha fight two times, Sara 3 times, Frausto a few times, and a handful of other 135's.

My whole problem with this is how you guys can justify Gina coming back after nearly two years out and fighting on a main card against a can. Atleast Cung came back and fought Scott Smith, and even then he didn't get his ass handed to him like he had never been in a fight before he left for a year. Gina got taken to school when she took on real competition. When a popular fighter who has been fed cans to gain popularity, then gets her ass stomped, retires for 20-24 months and comes back to be put on a main card against a nobody over some of the guys on that card, I have a problem with it. That's all.

Carano-Cyborg = one of the highest rated SF events ever. Gina is a star
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 10:31 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

That was then and this is now. No hardcore fan should be okay with Gina fucking Carano fighting a can over four guys who bring it. You all have vagina's now imo. Go watch an episode of Wonder Woman from the 80's, read a Vogue magazine, and sit in a bath full of salts while you douche. That = this fight and you guys opinions.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:35 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:41 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

That was then and this is now. No hardcore fan should be okay with Gina fucking Carano fighting a can over four guys who bring it. You all have vagina's now imo. Go watch an episode of Wonder Woman from the 80's, read a Vogue magazine, and sit in a bath full of salts while you douche. That = this fight and you guys opinions.

MMA is really not catered to fans of MMA though. We are the suckers who watch regardless.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
OU wrote:

MMA is really not catered to fans of MMA though. We are the suckers who watch regardless.

Very true. Sad thing is some fans are just fine with that and even appear to support it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight   Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Amanda Nunes forced to withdraw from Kedzie fight
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next