Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight Empty
PostSubject: Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight   Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight   Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 3:05 pm

How much does he want.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight   Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:21 am

timthebim wrote:
How much does he want.

Think Bradley wants 1.5, but really he's in no position to make demands when he can't even sell out his hometown venue.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight   Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Its still just talks right now so I dont put much into it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight   Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:51 pm

Quote :
A deadline for unified junior welterweight titlist Timothy Bradley Jr. to agree to terms to face fellow titleholder Amir Khan was extended until Wednesday, but if a deal is not agreed to Khan will move on to another opponent, Golden Boy's Richard Schaefer, Khan's promoter, told ESPN.com on Monday.

Khan and Bradley have been penciled in to meet July 23 on HBO in either Las Vegas, Los Angeles or Anaheim. Schaefer and Bradley promoter Gary Shaw have a deal for the sides to split the money 50-50 (except for British television rights, which Khan keeps). Khan and Schaefer have also made their deal and an agreement is in place with HBO.

The sticking point, however, is that Bradley has yet to agree to terms with Shaw. Bradley was guaranteed $1.2 million for his next HBO fight regardless of if he won or lost against Devon Alexander in their Jan. 29 unification bout. Bradley won, but is unhappy with Shaw's offer of at least $1.3 million (which could wind up being more, depending on the final revenues of the fight) to face Khan.

Schaefer said the original deadline to finalize the fight was at 4 p.m. ET on Monday, which came and went without him hearing from Shaw. However, Schaefer said he was asked by HBO to extend the deadline until 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday.

"HBO asked me to extend the deadline with the understanding that if Bradley doesn't take it we will go forward and lock in another opponent for Amir for July 23," Schaefer said. "Bradley was calling out Amir for so long and questioned if Amir would ever fight him and then Amir agrees to fight him and agrees to terms, and Bradley doesn't. I find that ironic."

Cameron Dunkin, Bradley's co-manager, said Bradley was coming to Las Vegas on Thursday in advance of Saturday's Manny Pacquiao-Shane Mosley fight and also to meet with him. However, Dunkin said he hopes to get Bradley to Las Vegas sooner so they can sit down and discuss the offer.

"I'm going to have to call my fighter and see if I can get him here sooner than later," said Dunkin, who lives in Las Vegas. "I don't think he's coming in until Thursday night, so a deadline of Wednesday at 4 isn't going to do us any good. Timmy's perspective is that he needs some time to think about it and what he wants to do with his career. There are issues for us to discuss. But I want to get this worked out. I would have liked to see him get more money for this fight, but that's obviously not what they're going to do."

In the event Bradley (27-0, 11 KOs) does not accept the fight, Schaefer said Golden Boy has had preliminary discussions with three of its fighters about facing Khan (25-1, 17 KOs) instead -- interim lightweight titlist Robert Guerrero (who would have no issue moving up one weight class for the bout), Marcos Maidana (who lost a close decision to Khan in December in the 2010 Boxing Writers Association of America fight of the year) and Erik Morales (who lost a close decision to Maidana in a tremendous action fight on April 9).

"We'll see Amir in Las Vegas this weekend. He'll be at the boxing writers' dinner to receive his fight of the year award and we will have some conversations with him about what he wants to do if Bradley does not take the fight," Schaefer said. "I've already had some conversations with Amir and his father and the fact is they don't care who they fight. They will fight anyone. It is refreshing to have a fighter like that.

"Khan is ready and willing to fight Bradley. That's the fight HBO wants to buy. But if Bradley does not take the fight, HBO is not going to punish Amir. He's willing to take the fight they want. It's not Amir turning down the fight, so he will still fight July 23. I don't know what is going on with Bradley. I know Timothy Bradley is a terrific young man and a great fighter and $1.3 million is a very good purse. It would be the biggest purse of his career."

Schaefer said he would also speak to Main Event promoter Kathy Duva about a possible Khan fight against titleholder Zab Judah if Bradley declines.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=6468716
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight   Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Timothy Bradley is trying to screw up the July Amir Khan fight
Page 1 of 1